Fulton vs. David Lipscomb

HolySnap

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to get on here and give a call to the Lipscomb radio and media guys for the awesome job that they do in covering their team. The stat book, media guide, web site, and game notes were unbelievable! We have got a lot of work to do to catch up in that area. If we can be of any help to you in the future, just let me know.

I just wanted to get on here and give a call to the Lipscomb radio and media guys for the awesome job that they do in covering their team. The stat book, media guide, web site, and game notes were unbelievable! We have got a lot of work to do to catch up in that area. If we can be of any help to you in the future, just let me know.

The Fulton coverage was also one of the best we've seen in many years. Your website and game day notes were a tremendous help in our preparation for the game.

Edited by vandy1

Great win today for the Falcons of Fulton. To be honest......I was on the team and played today! Lipscomb had a really, really good football team and had some beasts out there. I knew they were big, but not that big. Very strong and physical. The big plays today played a huge part in the equation. Cobb's fumble recovery was HUGE for Fulton, but the Mustangs had their fair share of big ones too. Flags today hurt both teams, but that's just part of the game. Tyson's catch ruled incomplete was big, but again, just part of it. This group of seniors for Fulton just had the fight in em' to get it done and the Falcons' O-Line dominated the line of scrimmage in the second half. Congrats to Lipscomb for a good season, but now I'm looking forward to getting sized for my 3rd ring baby!

Awesome job Road2Three, That'll be a great story to tell your grandkids someday!

-BloutCountySportsFan

Reading through this thread, i'd just like to compliment the Fulton fans on winning with class and respect, and to the Lipscomb fans for being such gracious losers. i beleive this is a true reflection of both communities, and i have a tremendous ammount of respect for both programs.

Congratulations to the Fulton players and coaches, especially the seniors. Congratulations also to Lipscomb and their senior class. I know you're dissapointed at making it this far and coming up short, but one day you will be able to look back and relaize what an accomplishment it is to have the opportunity to represent your school in a State Championship game.

here's to two teams who play the game the right way.

They are not going to call holding on a player when he's got his hands inside like that. That's a good block.

NOT!! :thumb: FOOTBALL SURE HAS CHANGED OVER THE LAST 15-30 YEARS..A LINEMAN USE TO HAVE HIS ARMS/HANDS "INTACT" WITH HIS BODY..NO SO TODAY..THEY CAN REACT WITH HANDS /ARMS EXTENDED LIKE DEFENSIVE PLAYERS..GUESS I JUST CANT GET TO THIS CHANGE IN THE RULES..IM OLE SCHOOL AND WISH IT WERE PLAYED THAT WAY TODAY==MAKES IT MUCH HARDER FOR O-LINE TO BLOCK OLE SCHOOL..NO WONDER SCORES ARE MUCH EASIER TO COME BY AND RUSHERS RUN FOR BIG YARDAGE/BREAKING RECORDS! ;)

NOT!! :thumb: FOOTBALL SURE HAS CHANGED OVER THE LAST 15-30 YEARS..A LINEMAN USE TO HAVE HIS ARMS/HANDS "INTACT" WITH HIS BODY..NO SO TODAY..THEY CAN REACT WITH HANDS /ARMS EXTENDED LIKE DEFENSIVE PLAYERS..GUESS I JUST CANT GET TO THIS CHANGE IN THE RULES..IM OLE SCHOOL AND WISH IT WERE PLAYED THAT WAY TODAY==MAKES IT MUCH HARDER FOR O-LINE TO BLOCK OLE SCHOOL..NO WONDER SCORES ARE MUCH EASIER TO COME BY AND RUSHERS RUN FOR BIG YARDAGE/BREAKING RECORDS! ;)

Is there anything else you would like to whine about?

Congratulations to the Falcons. It was a Dramatic season that embrassed the memory of Kristy Walker and lived up to a storybook ending. There were many Friday nights to remember, but a couple stand out. An early season win against rival AE. A huge comeback win against Statewide powerhouse Alcoa. Being upset by Catholic at home with the echoing sounds of the harry-legged bagpipe lady playing the Catholic Funeral march. Playing Carter (say no more). Playing in the mud at Livingston. Having to play Carter again with their firework going off on the field instead of the sky. Last but not least the big win at Catholic. (Whom would have won state aso).

A Special thanks must go out to the award winning officiating crew that traveled with our team. As if the competition wasn't tough enough, they made us stronger and more determined. Good luck to the Falcons returning next year and best of luck to the seniors that will be taking it to the next level.

To Austin East.... Do to our busy schedule, We know you've been waiting for weeks and we sincerely appologize for our untimely delay, The Fulton Basketball season may now begin.

Go Falcons!

Congratulations Fulton! You had a very nice looking squad. The size of your lineman was intimidating, but how well they run is amazing. Rogan was as good as advertized, but I think Freeney deserves more credit for his playmaking ability on both sides of the ball.

To David Lipscomb, congratulations on a great year. Y'all were overmatched in the finals. I don't think you could have played the first half any better with exception of the fumble. To say that play hurt is an understatement. Fulton's lack of a passing and kicking game should have hurt them in theory, but I honestly think they could have got in the power I, that they used at the end of the game and run over any team in the state.

The only regret I have is that I didn't get to see Catholic play. If they beat Fulton and had them on the ropes the second time, they must have been a heck of a team too.

Congratulations Fulton! You had a very nice looking squad. The size of your lineman was intimidating, but how well they run is amazing. Rogan was as good as advertized, but I think Freeney deserves more credit for his playmaking ability on both sides of the ball.

To David Lipscomb, congratulations on a great year. Y'all were overmatched in the finals. I don't think you could have played the first half any better with exception of the fumble. To say that play hurt is an understatement. Fulton's lack of a passing and kicking game should have hurt them in theory, but I honestly think they could have got in the power I, that they used at the end of the game and run over any team in the state.

The only regret I have is that I didn't get to see Catholic play. If they beat Fulton and had them on the ropes the second time, they must have been a heck of a team too.

I don't think Lipscomb was "overmatched". They played right with Fulton. The self-inflicted fumble before the half KILLED Lipscomb, and it was the deciding play in the game in my view. You take that one play out and the game changes. Give credit to Fulton, they made Lipscomb pay big-time, and that's what great teams do. Also, the phantom "block in the back" on that huge pass play to Elrod that was called back was a killer too. Fulton was extremely talented, they are a great team with several D-1 prospects, Rogan is a machine, but I didn't see Lipscomb overmatched. They played a tough game against an outstanding Fulton team.