Hillsboro and Maryville

LipscombBall3r

Should have room in my van. Schedule is to leave early Sat. am catch the 3A game and return after the Maryville win. If this will work for you. Let me know how to make contact.

That's good news. email me at mapperman2000@yahoo.com and we'll take it from there. You just may qualify as a "Senior Life Saver" :blink:

(The scale on the map is a strange one: MHS 41 HHS 29)

Thanks,

Reguards to the Board,

Mapp

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It always amazes me how people will pick their team to beat or blow out another team that they have never seen play or know very little about or use 2 to 3 year old history as their base for their prediction. I am pulling for Hillsboro to win the game and have seen them play and know their region competition very well. I have not seen Maryville play but do know their long history of success. I know to get this far in the season; they are a very good team but the same has to be said for Hillsboro. To make a prediction of a 3-4 TD win (35-13 and 45-14) by Maryville people is very arrogant and I sincerely hope that these people do not have close contact with Maryville's players; as such arrogance could rub off on these young men and cost them the game. That would be a shame. I look forward to a good game and hopefully a Hillsboro win. I know that Hillsboro is VERY capable of winning this game but I am not arrogant enough to make rash predictions. I also know that to beat Maryville; Hillsboro must bring their A game; as must Maryville to beat Hillsboro; No-matter which team wins; both should be proud of what they accomplished this year.

Good post. Like a few others have said many of these posters are not real serious Maryville fans and supporters. I do think histroy applies in some areas but, not much in this case. Hillsboro is very respected by most Maryville fans and without question the coaching staff will prepair very hard for the game. Hillsboro has a great program and we will be looking for a heck of a game.

if they played 100 times they could never beat maryville by 18....... im not saying they cant win because i havent seen them play, but i can assure they wont win by 18

You can't say this with any conviction because most have not seen the Burro's play. The fans picking Hillsboro to win are the teams we have faced or the loyal following that have sat and watched the Burro's week in and week out. I take nothing away from the rebels and the program but this will be a battle and the team that lays it out for 48 minutes will carry the gold ball back to the school. Both teams 14-0 and schedule strength ect. means nothing. This game for all the marbles and I hope the Burro's are playing marbles Saturday night.

Go Burros!!!!!!!!!!

Hillsboro FYI post:

Coach Blade(not blades): came from Canyon High School in Canyon Country, CA. they won the "southern sectional title (division II)" last year. They were ranked #17 in the country to start the season, not sure how they fared. he was the defensive coordinator and assistant coach. not sure how long he was there. was interested in the job because his parents live in nearby franklin, tn.

Strength of Schedule: i wouldnt put much thought into that argument. we have had that thrown at us since rd.2 of the playoffs. thats something we cant control. oh yea, the last 2 teams we played (clarksville[8-4], HC[9-4]) got there by beating solid teams. clarksville beat 9-1 maplewood and 11-0 springfield. HC beat Melrose, fairley, and memphis east- all good memphis teams. but at the same time, we have not played a team that could compete with us. but i dont believe that you can use that against us if we are that much better. this is the same boat that i think maryville is in. our two closest games (OT win over tullahoma, and rd.2 [28-21]win over mt. juliet) werent near the best teams we played, we simply shot ourselves in the foot. however, we are playing great ball right now and are prepared to give maryville a run.

THIS Team: i would rank this team pretty even with the '02 team. slightly less "stud power", but dont let that fool you, there is plenty of outstanding individual talent on this team. i dont know what to expect quite frankly. i went to the 'boro in '01 and '02 and saw the burros lose two close, well-played games so im familiar with the maryville program. IMHO tho, i believe this team is more prepared to beat maryville with our new balanced offense. cant wait!

ps #1: ladyrebel- jus wanted to make sure u recognize that most if not all the people saying "dethrone maryville" arent hillsboro fans, rather fans of teams we have recently beaten. because we are quite content with being burros and nashville residents. as for having a few more of those gold balls, well thats another story...

ps #2: i think its interesting how some people are saying that "hillsboro shouldnt even show up", "dont waste yur money on a ticket", and that simply hillsboro cannot compete with maryville. people that have limited knowledge about us and have not seen us play. because if u had seen hillsboro play and not maryville u would say the opposite (as this was the case for a few people). such ignorant people will be in for a wake-up call come saturday.

CHEERS!

Thank you for the information, and I do apologize for butchering your coach's last name. I know how that goes, as I recently had to bring it to the attention of my church secretary that Quarles was misspelled when announcing him as a speaker in our church bulletin.

I think one of the interesting wrinkles in this game is that you do have a different coach than the last time around. Who does that benefit more in this matchup?

On the one hand, GQ and staff have to prepare the team differently. But on the other hand, people tend to underestimate Maryville and Coach Q the first time around.

Thoughts?

PS - Coach Blade is a Bad-A name...it's intimidating!

Edited by papa chaos

Sounds like a lot of people think Maryville will win and a lot think Hillsboro will win, but opinions without supporting evidence are really not that valuable...

Has anyone on here seen both teams play this year? If so, what are your thoughts?

Does Hillsboro have more depth than they've had in the past or do they have a lot of guys going both ways?

I've heard some say that they bring a more balanced attack under their new coach, but also that they have fewer "star" players. If that's the case, then what do those of you who know Hillsboro think the net effect is?

What does the turnover ratio look like for Hillsboro? Do they take away a lot of possessions from their opponents? If so, do they do it by interception or fumble?

FBE - Will you be watching game film this week and providing a breakdown?

These are things that will help us make intelligent predictions.

Some of these questions have been answered somewhat, but many are still outstanding...can anyone else provide more info?

I think one of the interesting wrinkles in this game is that you do have a different coach than the last time around. Who does that benefit more in this matchup?

i think it will make for a more even playing field as far as coaching/intangibles, also more exciting. because GQ seemed to find ways to defeat coach aydelott's wing-t offense over time. i doubt coach blade will underestimate GQ/staff after reading this excerpt of an article: Blade will face Maryville (14-0), which has beaten the Burros in two championship games and is on a 44-game winning streak. Blade said he read plenty about the Rebels this season on the Internet.

Blade said he had found on unapproved website.com that Canyon High, Calif., the team he once coached, was ranked No. 22 in the country.“Right next to them was Maryville at No. 23,” Blade said. “I thought, ‘Maryville, Tennessee? Who’s that? Where are they?’ I did a little research, realized they were in our class, learned about the history with our school and I was like, ‘Oh, man alive!’ ” thought that was funny.

there IS more depth. can only think of one big contributor on both sides of the ball: Wr/Db Demetrous Garrett.

wish i could give u more info on turnovers but im not sure. but INTs are a common occurence.

Coach Blade is a Bad-A name...it's intimidating!

...my thoughts exactly.

i think it will make for a more even playing field as far as coaching/intangibles, also more exciting. because GQ seemed to find ways to defeat coach aydelott's wing-t offense over time. i doubt coach blade will underestimate GQ/staff after reading this excerpt of an article: Blade will face Maryville (14-0), which has beaten the Burros in two championship games and is on a 44-game winning streak. Blade said he read plenty about the Rebels this season on the Internet.

Blade said he had found on unapproved website.com that Canyon High, Calif., the team he once coached, was ranked No. 22 in the country.“Right next to them was Maryville at No. 23,” Blade said. “I thought, ‘Maryville, Tennessee? Who’s that? Where are they?’ I did a little research, realized they were in our class, learned about the history with our school and I was like, ‘Oh, man alive!’ ” thought that was funny.

there IS more depth. can only think of one big contributor on both sides of the ball: Wr/Db Demetrous Garrett.

wish i could give u more info on turnovers but im not sure. but INTs are a common occurence.

...my thoughts exactly.

Now THAT is really funny. Can you imagine what's going through his head right now?

This one is going to be good. I'm thinking that this one will be freakingly similar in play to the Maryville/Melrose game of two years ago. That is my gut feeling. By that, I mean ... both defenses will rule the day. I'm not aniticipating any high scores. Both of the defensive lines are so good, expect a lot of turnovers (fumbles and interceptions) from both squads as well as slobbernocking, bone jarring hits from both defenses. I think that this one will be very close in score. This game may be a one point victory like two years ago.

...my thoughts exactly.

Thanks for the info. That's a great story about coach Blade.

You're right about it balancing out the coaching intangibles. I think the wing-t held Hillsboro back in the past (but I'm pretty anti-wing-t anyway). MHS doesn't give up a lot of interceptions, but they have had fumble problems this year.

This one is shaping up to look like a good one.

After much thought, I'm comming out with my pre-game analysis ;-p I agree with Papa Chaos, most coaches underestimate GQ and friends, but I think Blades is a great coach and especially since he read about Maryville he is definatly prepping his team for one heck of a game. I also think Maryville is just a tad bit over confident about this game *I see why look at their record.* The Q is probably beating his players mentally telling them not to get cocky, but a little will show in the first of the game. I see Hillsboro coming out strong against Maryville and taking it to Maryville, leading them by a slim amount. At halftime though, I also see Maryville regrouping and coming out strong as ever, making the correct adjustments needed to win the game. Maryville's overall ability will win this game for the Rebels. GQ's football smarts will make the correct decisions to do it again!

Halftime

Maryville- 10

Hillsboro- 14

Game

Maryville- 31

Hillsboro- 24

After much thought, I'm comming out with my pre-game analysis ;-p I agree with Papa Chaos, most coaches underestimate GQ and friends, but I think Blades is a great coach and especially since he read about Maryville he is definatly prepping his team for one heck of a game. I also think Maryville is just a tad bit over confident about this game *I see why look at their record.* The Q is probably beating his players mentally telling them not to get cocky, but a little will show in the first of the game. I see Hillsboro coming out strong against Maryville and taking it to Maryville, leading them by a slim amount. At halftime though, I also see Maryville regrouping and coming out strong as ever, making the correct adjustments needed to win the game. Maryville's overall ability will win this game for the Rebels. GQ's football smarts will make the correct decisions to do it again!

Halftime

Maryville- 10

Hillsboro- 14

Game

Maryville- 31

Hillsboro- 24

Finally.........a respectable analysis/prediction of the game. I can see the game going this way with either team winning. I really believe it has the makings of a classic; to heck with east vs middle and all that hogwash, I just want to see a good game.