Positive messages to William Blount Coaches

theDL

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the positive side, seeing that etcoach predicted a 21 point Mairvul win, I will have to give him some credit and say W.B. has some good football people down there.

On the negative side, seeing that the W.B. head coach picked Hillsboro to win, if I were a W.B. fan I might be a little concerned about that part.

Was anyone surprised with the Meadows pick? I was not.

On the positive side, seeing that etcoach predicted a 21 point Mairvul win, I will have to give him some credit and say W.B. has some good football people down there.

On the negative side, seeing that the W.B. head coach picked Hillsboro to win, if I were a W.B. fan I might be a little concerned about that part.

I was disappointed to see them score the last TD. I needed a FG. Maryville just made mince meat of Hillsboro, like they do everyone else...except Alcoa.

I was disappointed to see them score the last TD. I needed a FG. Maryville just made mince meat of Hillsboro, like they do everyone else...except Alcoa.

Minced meat?....I wouldn't say that. Best run defense Maryville had faced all year. Maryville's ability to play all facets of the game was the difference. Maryville's defense did beat them up somewhat, expecially the Qb, but Hillsboro was a physical team and IMO the most physical team Maryville faced all year....JMO though.

Hey ... catch me up, I missed it. I was out of town over the weekend. Where/or on what did Coach Meadows pick Hillsboro?

Gov-Man on Mark Packer's High School Heroes Show on Thursday Night. By the way, I saw a very nice looking young lady on there a few weeks ago from W.B. who represented the Gov's very well. Maybe you know her. :angry:

Anyway back to the pick. Packer had Stanton and Scott on making their high school championship game picks. Both picked Alcoa and both picked Fulton. Stanton picked Maryville and Scott said he had a friend in the mid-state that had played Hillsboro and then picked Hillsboro.

Packer picked Hillsboro too, after saying previously he would never pick against Maryville until they lost. Scott must have given him a good nugget. :thumb:

[/b]

Was anyone surprised with the Meadows pick? I was not.

MLREB after what I heard was said to GQ after the Maryville-W.B. game, I think probably not.

I had a tough time believing that was said to George, especially after I thought GQ and Scott were good friends.

I had heard many stories that when Scott lost his stepson a few years ago to cancer and how GQ ministered to him during that time, that they became good friends.

What was the point of the thread? I have been wondering since I saw it.

It reads like a Blount County football gossip page. This thread may last forever. :lol:

Hey Gov Man.. We thought you fell off the earth.

Maybe someone should start a "Blount County Football Gossip Thread". We could bad mouth each other...Talk about how Maryville recruiting is going.. Talk bad about the coaches at William Blount..Talk about each others fans... LOL ..But seriously folks, it would give us something to do till spring practice starts and its a long time till August....

Edited by tpoole12

MLREB after what I heard was said to GQ after the Maryville-W.B. game, I think probably not.

I had a tough time believing that was said to George, especially after I thought GQ and Scott were good friends.

I had heard many stories that when Scott lost his stepson a few years ago to cancer and how GQ ministered to him during that time, that they became good friends.

Stars,

Scott has not ever been 'ugly' to George or "got in George's face", including after the WB/ Maryville game. Was he ready to drop Maryville off his schedule immediately following the game this year? Yes. Did he tell George this? Yes. Did he say anything else about George or Maryville High to George after the game? Well, according to George himself, who I asked about the incident less than a week ago ... NO.

I'm not sure what anyone else has said that "Scott said" after the game, but whatever you've heard, it doesn't match with what George himself said. George said--and I quote--"Scott was nice to me, as he always is."

If anyone wants to question this ... why not do what I did? Go ask Coach Quarles or Coach Meadows about it.