Positive messages to William Blount Coaches

theDL

You think Punky had anything to do with those Eagleton boys going to Alcoa? Or was that before his time? :lol:

Punky actually was at WB practice for a short time in the beginning. It might have been pre-season or the spring practice before the school was opened. I remember seeing him around. There were a handful of players from Eagleton Jr. High that he already knew. The Eagleton Sophomores were a lot further along than the Friendsville or Lanier Sophomores. It helped to have a Jr. High team to play on.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Punky actually was at WB practice for a short time in the beginning. It might have been pre-season or the spring practice before the school was opened. I remember seeing him around. There were a handful of players from Eagleton Jr. High that he already knew. The Eagleton Sophomores were a lot further along than the Friendsville or Lanier Sophomores. It helped to have a Jr. High team to play on.

There's a long story there that you wouldn't believe if I told you. I think Punky was actually going to coach baseball at WB in the beginning ... but then some things developed with the Alcoa football coaching picture that brought him over there.

Aloha Gentlemen, to everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Okay, here's the biz.

My identity you ask Govman? I regret to inform you that I cannot reveal it at this point. But I do admire your curiosity and quality posts. I only know of Whitehead and Garner from numberous reports of their abilities on the field and extreme POTENTIAL as coaches.

2nd - to the govs coaches.......offseason kickin in full gear in a few weeks. Let's do it fellas! Now determines later my friends.

3rd - oh yeah

"theDL has the DL, that is downlow ladies and gents" :thumb:

GovMan- I've been hearing rumors of a uniform change for next year, any truth to this?

I'm not GOVMAN but I heard that the football teams uniforms were going to be changed in the future??? Time frame I'm not sure...but it was dictated from higher ups that "it is easier to change the football teams uniforms (back to royal..yuck!!!) than change all the other sports colors". Not sure why it matters but someone must have made it an issue. I wasn't to found of the Florida uniforms. The Virginia look is better in my opinion.

Whats happened to MLREB? He supposed to have a rumor for me!!!!!

I'm not GOVMAN but I heard that the football teams uniforms were going to be changed in the future??? Time frame I'm not sure...but it was dictated from higher ups that "it is easier to change the football teams uniforms (back to royal..yuck!!!) than change all the other sports colors". Not sure why it matters but someone must have made it an issue. I wasn't to found of the Florida uniforms. The Virginia look is better in my opinion.

Whats happened to MLREB? He supposed to have a rumor for me!!!!!

Thanks!!

I suppose it's true then... that's basically the same thing I heard. I believe that it may be a new uniform rule by the TSSAA, since the Virginia scheme isn't the official school colors?

One thing I've heard is that we're going to the Boise State scheme for next year... I certainly hope that's not true.

Thanks!!

I suppose it's true then... that's basically the same thing I heard. I believe that it may be a new uniform rule by the TSSAA, since the Virginia scheme isn't the official school colors?

One thing I've heard is that we're going to the Boise State scheme for next year... I certainly hope that's not true.

OMG..Pleeeeeeeease say its not so!!!!!!!! :blink: It would cost a fortune to keep the field painted.. :(

Would we get an automatic BCS bid then? :)

I was hoping you'd tell me that the Boise State switch wasn't true... let's ALL hope that it's inaccurate info.

I was told by the ladies who run the Govbooth that the colors wouldn't be as dark so they would have to find out what color of royal they would need to order for shirts ect.... It was their opinion that it would be a darker "royal" than before but not as dark as the current uniform. This is only a rumor and so lets keep this just between us...... :)

I was told by the ladies who run the Govbooth that the colors wouldn't be as dark so they would have to find out what color of royal they would need to order for shirts ect.... It was their opinion that it would be a darker "royal" than before but not as dark as the current uniform. This is only a rumor and so lets keep this just between us...... :lol:

TPoole....check your bud Govman on the rumor. You must not have been reading all of the threads.

Hope your hoildays were outstanding. Here is wishing you...Daniel...and the rest of the family a healthy and prosperous New Year...... :thumb:

Thanks!!

The Florida colors aren't the offical school colors unless they have changed them. The official school colors, when WB opened, were similar to the Lady Vols colors. A Tennessee orange and a Carolina blue. The basketball team wore them in year 1. I remember seeing the ole GovMan himself in a Lady Vols looking uniform. Of course the first WB team to ever take the field was the football team at the jamboree in '79 at Alcoa. The interlocking WB on the helmet was almost the same color as the current uniforms. The Govs were in all white on this night. The blue stripe on the jersey was a little lighter than the blue on the helmet. The orange was about the same on both. So what are the "official" school colors. If it what the school board said back when they were planning the school, I would go with the Tennessee orange and leave off the baby blue, kinda like when Heritage was in all red in the mid '90's. Someone on the school board really liked baby blue when these two schools were planned.

I also have an original WB track jersey that is in the Virginia colors. It's a lot easier to just put the kids in red and black.