MHS DOMINATES

jrlcm

Tyler Maples put on a show in the 4A state title game. Tyler Maples had a staff infection in his leg. Had to have it drained and still dominated. He had 7 catches for 130 yds and 3 touchdowns. He was state championship offensive MVP. Tyler is a great player. He comes up big in the big games. What a gutty effort.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler Maples put on a show in the 4A state title game. Tyler Maples had a staff infection in his leg. Had to have it drained and still dominated. He had 7 catches for 130 yds and 3 touchdowns. He was state championship offensive MVP. Tyler is a great player. He comes up big in the big games. What a gutty effort.

Wow!! To play your best game all year after a staph infection is really impressive. Congratulations to him and the Rebels on winning their sixth state title in seven years. :P I have to admit that I was kinda unsure about Maryville's dominance all year, and I totally bashed them in regards to their schedule. You really cannot do anything about the teams in your region but beat them. If they're good, they're good. If they're not, they're not. Well, I guess the dynasty continues and Maryville is the team of the decade. With four offensive starters coming back (including the QB), they are a clear cut favorite to win it all next year. I hope Maples completely heals from that infection and stays healthy.

Edited by bellgo

After listening to the announcer on the TV set after the Smyrna game, he said that Mayrville was the best team in the state. Maybe but I say that after all these years of dominace in 4A, why wouldn't Maryville move up to 5A and try to prove themselves as the best in the state in 5A? They could move up if they wanted to. But maybe they just like dominating in 4A like they have the past 10 years..... A wins a win right? Never play the biggest schools..... just a thought...

Smyrna was in 4A not too long ago. They had to step up to 5A so they could win a championship. A good team is a good team right?

Edited by Red Rebels

Smyrna was in 4A not too long ago. They had to step up to 5A so they could win a championship. A good team is a good team right?

I agree. Heaven forbid that we could enjoy this championship without someone bringing up the "Mythical" surpremacy of 5A, and insinuate we are shying away from it. And all because some guy on TV said we were he best team in the State. Why not take it up with him?

After listening to the announcer on the TV set after the Smyrna game, he said that Mayrville was the best team in the state. Maybe but I say that after all these years of dominace in 4A, why wouldn't Maryville move up to 5A and try to prove themselves as the best in the state in 5A? They could move up if they wanted to. But maybe they just like dominating in 4A like they have the past 10 years..... A wins a win right? Never play the biggest schools..... just a thought...

Maryville is moving to 5A in two years

What a great game yesterday. Maryville played great. Brent Burnett threw the ball real well. Glad he is back next year. He should be one of the best quarterbacks in the state. Tyler Maples was the best player I saw all weekend. Shiver was his usuall self. Tyler Clendenen had some nice catches yesterday. Tank and Singleton ran hard. The offensive line blocked well yesterday. What a great team effort yesterday.

Defensively Maryville played great. Dwight Wood was awesome. The rest of the defensive line played well. What is so great about the defensive line is not only are they good. All of them except for Dwight Wood will be back next year. Tanner Caylor,Landon Hall and Travis Carpenter played well. All 3 of those guys will be missed. Secondary played well. Caleb Clement is a tough guy just like his brothers were. He is a warrior. I also like the fact that 3 of those guys will be back next year.

Another thing is Joe Pinkerton did an outstanding job in Jim Gaylors place of coordinating the defense. I loved the adjustments made. Especially in pass situations when Maryville goes to the nickle back.

What a Maryville fan is experiencing is something that doesn't happen very often. This run that is currently going on may be something that won't happen again. I am enjoying the ride because I know it won't last forever. How lucky as Rebel fans are we to have the great coaching staff that we have at Maryville? How lucky are we to have talented kids that are so commited to excellence? The answer is we are very lucky.

What a great game yesterday. Maryville played great. Brent Burnett threw the ball real well. Glad he is back next year. He should be one of the best quarterbacks in the state. Tyler Maples was the best player I saw all weekend. Shiver was his usuall self. Tyler Clendenen had some nice catches yesterday. Tank and Singleton ran hard. The offensive line blocked well yesterday. What a great team effort yesterday.

Defensively Maryville played great. Dwight Wood was awesome. The rest of the defensive line played well. What is so great about the defensive line is not only are they good. All of them except for Dwight Wood will be back next year. Tanner Caylor,Landon Hall and Travis Carpenter played well. All 3 of those guys will be missed. Secondary played well. Caleb Clement is a tough guy just like his brothers were. He is a warrior. I also like the fact that 3 of those guys will be back next year.

Another thing is Joe Pinkerton did an outstanding job in Jim Gaylors place of coordinating the defense. I loved the adjustments made. Especially in pass situations when Maryville goes to the nickle back.

What a Maryville fan is experiencing is something that doesn't happen very often. This run that is currently going on may be something that won't happen again. I am enjoying the ride because I know it won't last forever. How lucky as Rebel fans are we to have the great coaching staff that we have at Maryville? How lucky are we to have talented kids that are so commited to excellence? The answer is we are very lucky.

No I would not say it was just luck. It is hard work and coaching and it shows! :thumb:

BTW REBELRON, you need to fix your sig line as I think it is now '10' titles and you need to add 2006! :thumb: