Marshall County Thread

wareagles67

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You, and many others, have said that "politics" got Johnson fired. Tell me who forced John David Pierce to fire Johnson. Who twisted his arm just so? Come on....if you people are going to say football in LBurg is a ''political mess" who is the problem? Who hated Johnson so much that they wanted him fired? Because I certainly don't know........

Maybe, for just a split second, we should give thought to the idea that perhaps there was more than "politics" that led to McCurry and Johnson being let go. Just a thought...

I still think it's "political", but if you disagree I'd like to know what your opinion is...It's split here in l'burg. Why did Mac go? We were a winning team with him. I do NOT believe for one second that he was fired over "condescending remarks" to our players. It was also said that our team needed to "go in another direction"....well, we did: A LOSING ONE! Why is Johnson gone? Coaches have losing seasons in other counties and manage to keep their job!

I am just tired of the whole mess to be honest with you. These boys get so attached to their coaches and this hits them very hard. To me THEY are what it's about...and I think that THEY are the ones losing out. Stay strong Tigers..We stand behind you all the way! Good luck next year!!

Why in the world would Bobby Sharp leave Lewis County?

This is pure nonsense. Junior high level note passing.

Again, pure nonsense.

KW and BS would could both do excellent jobs maybe. Always hard to forsee "fit" in a community or school. DT could also get a hard look, but again, depends on who is doing the looking. Several out of state folks that might take a gander and I would assume you are referring to TT or ELA. One has a reputation for rebuilding programs and one just has a reputation!!

But, again, who know? The question will be answered soon Im sure, but it all depends on who pulls the trigger.

Eaglefan, Your too young to understand all that goes on in the dark in this profession right now, things aren't always like they seem....but I still love ya Good luck in Memphis!

You're right.....I am young! I know that there are plenty of things I don't know about. But I still think it's crazy that most people on here think that the past two coaches were just a victim of the "Lewisburg political system." No......they contributed heavily to their own undoing, but it seems like most people on here don't know the half of those two situations.........

I hope everything is going great for you! :thumb: Hope you're happy in FC!

I still think it's "political", but if you disagree I'd like to know what your opinion is...It's split here in l'burg. Why did Mac go? We were a winning team with him. I do NOT believe for one second that he was fired over "condescending remarks" to our players. It was also said that our team needed to "go in another direction"....well, we did: A LOSING ONE! Why is Johnson gone? Coaches have losing seasons in other counties and manage to keep their job!

I am just tired of the whole mess to be honest with you. These boys get so attached to their coaches and this hits them very hard. To me THEY are what it's about...and I think that THEY are the ones losing out. Stay strong Tigers..We stand behind you all the way! Good luck next year!!

Why did Mac go? Are you serious? The PLAYERS (not the parents or community leaders :thumb: ) started a petition to try to get rid of him. (How's that for "politics" :thumb: and getting "attached to their coach" :thumb: )It's fair to say that each player had his own reasons, but the GENERAL consense was that he was....well......crazy (He was also losing control of the program.....and himself.) But that's another story......

As far as Coach Johnson goes, I'd say that the 3-7 record was just a small piece of the pie of why he was let go........lots of other things thrown in there that led to that decision.....and I'm sure PLENTY I don't know about. You'll have to find you an "insider" to know it all.

Go Tigers

Edited by eaglefan

Is what you say is true then the cart is leading the horse in Marshall County. The kids are important, but at the same time if some high school kids can be the ones to start a petition to get rid a a coach then as mentioned earlier...the cart leading the horse. The parents and the players need to quit blaming the coaches for their shortcomings. Work harder and realize that it is a team game.

You need to hire a coach like Coach Edens. Thats what the locals want even if they don't know it. Mac was a winner but he was not Coach Edens. Coach Tharp, well not like coach Edens. The last coach, was NOT coach Edens. You had better hire someone who loves football, knows football, and has the ability to build a program for the long haul. There may never be another coach in the county like Coach Edens but he set the standards for all who follow.

Edited by caesar

Is anyone else thinking Sharp from Lewis Co. or Ward from Camden? Both have done great jobs at their respective schools but face the likes of Goodpasture and CPA and the like in the playoffs. Maybe they would view MC as a place that will allow them the talent and competition level to move deeper in the playoffs.

Why would Coach Sharp or Coach Ward leave LC or Camden, their programs are just as good or better than they could have at MC, plus they do not have to put up with all the politics that come with the MC program. just not a big enough step up :thumb: