Marshall County Thread

wareagles67

I'll agree that Cheatham Co. was not a very good defensive football team this past year BUT it must also be stated that in 2005 the Cubs were a dominating defensive football team. From that second round team just two years ago the Cubs lost 10 STARTERS OFF THE DEFENSE!!!! There were a lot of sophomores and juniors starting on defense at CCCHS this past year (even two freshmen started as well). It doesn't automatically mean that the defense is going to be lights out dominant once again at Cheatham next year BUT I would bet on the defense being a lot better next year.

If Marshall Co. gets better on defense then they may not lose a game. Not with talent like Braden, Hightower, & O'Neal coming back next year :unsure:

Same at MCHS all three linbackers were new at that position, from the year before only some of the secodary kids played their position from the previous year, but I'm not making any excused for our team. Discipline killed us on every aspect of the game. Hopefully those things will change and we can play with some consistency in all phases of the game.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Marshall Co. only going to get McClanahan & Moos with DT or will Hester decide to eventually come down there as well????? Those two, along with Shockley, are the coaches on Thomas' staff right now correct??????

It's apparent to me that if Hester gets offered the LaVergne job then he'll take it, OTHERWISE he'll be bound for Lewisburg sometime after the Holiday Break.

Don Thomas is a great coach and an even better man. Some may not like what he has to say because it is the truth. And sometimes the truth hurts. He will turn MC around, howver losing Hester will slow him down a bit.

I hear he has a pretty good back-up plan at Offensive Coordinator! The region foes will not be happy if this guy returns to call plays. :D His offense was a juggernaut when he was calling plays a couple of years ago! :thumb: