Marshall County Thread

wareagles67

I do not see where it was posted that Region 5 3A has had a ton of championships. The post states that it is the toughest region.

Like posted -- Maybe they don't win championships since they beat up on each other so badly during the regular season.

.....like the SEC in Class 3A

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both sides have made their points.

In my opinion, it sounds better if you can boast on how many state championships your region has produced rather than how competitve your region is.

Lipscomb did not get beat up in region play, so don't say it cost them the state championship.

Fulton was just better...and I would bet Catholic was too. Region 5 is competitive, but only at positions 2-8. DL needs some other teams in the region to push them harder. That is probably what makes Fulton's region so good (plus the talent level of the athletes). Fulton wins state and those other region opponents put in the time in the offseason to improve to compete with them. Then, Fulton works even harder to maintain their edge. It is survival of the fittest played out in region football. Region 5 has not "evolved" as much. Has DL lost a region game? It is hard for them to continue to get better during the season, when they win their average game by 30pts. I know Cheatham played them close last year and Giles this year, but one tough game a year is not going to make them any better. All of region 5 needs to step up their game.

Well, EXCUSE ME, Big Country! How could I ever forget about Ridgeway? I am humbled by your greatness...I just hope you never make a mistake :(

Now I wipe the egg of my face. I think I still stand that not only 2-3A is a bloodthirsty region; but they invariably meet each other in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the playoffs as well. Yet the one standing by semi's tends to be tough as nails; blooded by battle and ready to meet all comers. The records still show that fact. There is life in MC's region, indeed...but being beaten up in region play just doesnt hold a lot of water when you have seen the cut-throat competition in 2-3A. (Even with a couple of teams down this past year...)

Well, EXCUSE ME, Big Country! How could I ever forget about Ridgeway? I am humbled by your greatness...I just hope you never make a mistake :(

Now when you post a remark about statistic PLEASE get them correct from now on. Your own personal picks leading up to a game are a different story. When stating facts though PLEASE MAKE SURE IT IS JUST THAT!!! A FACT :(

BTW, when it comes to stats I never make a mistake :D

Lipscomb did not get beat up in region play, so don't say it cost them the state championship.

All regular season starters started for Lipscomb in the championship game. However, to say the Region play did not effect the Lipscomb team as a whole would be incorrect. Several of the starters were not playing at 100% but that is not why they lost the game with Fulton. Fulton was a better team. The Mustangs had some lost opportunities and were able to hang tough and make it a game.

Coming up from 2A, there is still a big difference between 2A and 3A football during the regular season. Over the past two seasons of playing teams out of the west and either playing or scrimmaging teams from Region 4.....with the exception of Montgomery Central, Region 5 is a most challenging region.

I finally found out Marshall Co.'s non-region games.....

Clarksville NW

Hickman Co.

Columbia

I found it interesting that Columbia actually pursued the game. It wasn't MC begging Columbia for the game. Usually a school that much bigger than another school doesn't try to aggressively pursue a game with said smaller school.

Should be a good game that will draw a large crowd :thumb:

I finally found out Marshall Co.'s non-region games.....

Clarksville NW

Hickman Co.

Columbia

Not bad when you consider that they replaced teams like Greenbrier, Sycamore, & Clarksville with those three teams. The non-region schedule could have been very costly to Marshall Co. if the right tiebreaker had fallen last year and they've realized that I believe :thumb:

Did Donte' Hightower and Justin Neal leave? Or has the addition of the LaVergne coach changed their minds?

If Hightower was to have left I doubt that there's any way that the Lewisburg faithful would have been able to keep that news off this site. I'm sure that whatever was bothering him has been resolved and that he's still playing football at Marshall Co.