Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

I wasnt complaining red, like I said if we dont want em scoring - we gotta stop em. I dont think the Gleason girls ran up the score on your girls or they would have beaten them by 100. Humboldt boys are not as good as Union City at all, and probably not as good as Lake County from what I have seen. I thought Sain and Epperson were overrated. How many dunks did they miss? The only one they got was on bench player at the end of the game. I feel like they kept the starters in to keep the score up cause our freshmen could score on their backups and they didnt want UC or LC's margin being that much better. I enjoy watching the good teams play, even when they kill us. I love good basketball. I actually was looking forward to the Humboldt game because I like an inside game better than the outside game, but was disappointed with the Vikes. Now they may have had a bad game and impress me next game, but Lake and Union City didnt have to keep their top 5 in to keep the score up.

were you there? obviously not...we rotated everyone in...the people coming off the bench scored just as many as the starters...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha...i got your back red...prolly don't need it...but humboldt did take it easy on gleason there in the 1st half...#12 for gleason has a lot of energy and "want to" and #32 is a good shooter..but that's all gleason has...and yes gleason did bring in their younger squad but it was more of a practice for humboldt then anything..i noticed that we ran a couple of new plays that we haven't ran before...so it was pretty much a practice...like red said...we could've beaten them by 100 if we wanted to...but we didn't...we play them again...so we will next time...also i saw union city play on the tv the other day...yall are good...but i dont see it lasting long...haven't seen lake county play either...im sure we can beat them though..good matchup but we can beat them

Coaches always put in new plays during the season.They run them against good teams and not so good teams.Try and run those new plays against UC the 12th and see if they work when we come to Humboldt and beat you by 20 in your on gym.

No way Humboldt beats Union City.

Why can someone from Gleason not say someone is overrated or comment on missed dunks?

Sain and Epperson did play alot in the game, they were still in during the 4th Q

I think Humboldt may think they are a little bit better than they actually are, a great team would be undefeated or with only 1 close loss.

Edited by gleason_bulldogs_bbfan

Yes I was at the game, guess I just expected more from Sain and Epperson. Sometimes hype is just that - hype. They are good, just not great. They didnt impress me during the game with Gleason. Union City and Lake County were way more impressive to me. Can Gleason beat any of those three? No, we havent beaten anyone in the district yet, but you can still compare the teams you have played

Yes I was at the game, guess I just expected more from Sain and Epperson. Sometimes hype is just that - hype. They are good, just not great. They didnt impress me during the game with Gleason. Union City and Lake County were way more impressive to me. Can Gleason beat any of those three? No, we havent beaten anyone in the district yet, but you can still compare the teams you have played

Several things can contribute to your poor perception of Epperson and Sain's talent...Fact is, Humboldt did not come out focused AT ALL...they came in smiling and laughing because they saw the UC-Gleason score and expected that Gleason would come in a lay down...Gleason didn't do that and they got a little momentum when that one kid hit all those shots...The starters were in a total of 7 or 8 minutes the entire game...Sain did miss a couple of dunks...2 of them were not easy dunks and they were in traffic...However, he missed more in that single game that he has all season combined...The guy is VERY good, as is Epperson...Epperson didn't play well all night...Once again, probably a lack of focus...I think you should attend the UC-Humboldt game in Humboldt on Jan. 12 and see for yourself not only how good these 2 players are, but how good this team is...

I think the same way when it comes to football....these coaches be punting on 4th and 1, man i'll never punt on 4th and 1 and i'll run it up 2...it'll be 10 seconds left in the game we up 42-0, i'll go 5 wide and throw it deep lol!!! i'll have a steve spurrier mentality....4th and 10, go 4 it they can't stop us no way!!! lol them coaches be ready to fight me!!!