Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

QUOTE(bradford_reddevils @ Jan 17 2007 - 11:41 PM)

what do y'all think Bradford's chances are against Union City Friday night?

Bradford...sorry guys but i dont think this game will be pretty for yall. Even though they won, i know everyone was disappointed that uc didnt stomp dresden...and i betcha coach sisco let them know about that. Look for them to have an all around awesome game, in every aspect. And with it being UC's homecoming...they got to show out a little!! Bradford better saddle up and hold on for the ride...I'm saying UC by 20-25

:thumb: so i dont guess yall think we have a chance...does anybody out there have faith in us??

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slim and none.....Bradford has played well of late,but Union City is on another level.......And it's at Union City...Bradford had their chance against UC earlier in Bradford when they played a good game for about 2 1/2 quarters....And the Red Devils still lost by 32 points...

I'll say this though...Bradford is well coached...Larry Eddings has done a fine job there..He doesn't cry like some folks do about UC and Humboldt being in their district..He has just decided he and his team would work harder...He has my respect....

Larry Eddings is a coach at Bradford.....I thought he was somewhere else???

Just to update everyone. Lake County defeated Fulton City last night 62-60. Early it looked as if the Falcons were going to win in a laugher as they got up by around 15 early. They seemed to relax and the Bulldogs got hot from the perimeter and actually took a 5 point lead with about 5 minutes to play. The Falcons stepped it up especially Valentine, Copelin and Springer in the final minutes to pull out the win. LC plays @Halls tonight and then at home for the showdown with UC on Tuesday. Depth is still killing the Falcons as they only went 6 deep last night, 7 if you count the 30 seconds the Fr. Robertson played to get Sep a quick breather. Hope they will be ready for the Tornadoes on Tuesday who continue to roll through 14A. If they finish undefeated in this district it will be an AWESOME accomplishment!

Just to update everyone. Lake County defeated Fulton City last night 62-60. Early it looked as if the Falcons were going to win in a laugher as they got up by around 15 early. They seemed to relax and the Bulldogs got hot from the perimeter and actually took a 5 point lead with about 5 minutes to play. The Falcons stepped it up especially Valentine, Copelin and Springer in the final minutes to pull out the win. LC plays @Halls tonight and then at home for the showdown with UC on Tuesday. Depth is still killing the Falcons as they only went 6 deep last night, 7 if you count the 30 seconds the Fr. Robertson played to get Sep a quick breather. Hope they will be ready for the Tornadoes on Tuesday who continue to roll through 14A. If they finish undefeated in this district it will be an AWESOME accomplishment!

what would yall say if Bradford beat Union City?

I guess I would say congatulations on a big win and HUGE upset. You guys would have accomplished something no other single A team in the state has done this year. UC is ranked #1 and are the defending champs, so I feel noone is disrespecting Bradford by picking UC to win. They are the odds on favorite and since it is in UC I see very little chance of the Red Devils winning. Anything can happen in HS sports but a Bradford win in UC? Not to be too cliche`" A Bradford win would SHOCK THE WORLD!!" :lol:

I guess I would say congatulations on a big win and HUGE upset. You guys would have accomplished something no other single A team in the state has done this year. UC is ranked #1 and are the defending champs, so I feel noone is disrespecting Bradford by picking UC to win. They are the odds on favorite and since it is in UC I see very little chance of the Red Devils winning. Anything can happen in HS sports but a Bradford win in UC? Not to be too cliche`" A Bradford win would SHOCK THE WORLD!!" :lol:

I admit Bradford beating UC is slim, but remember, Bradford did beat Humboldt by 23 points and against Lake Co the game was tied with 3:00 minutes to play. After seeing Bradford play a few times this year, I know that Larry Eddings will have them prepared and they will not go into the game afraid. Again, chances are slim but anything is possible. You do not get to 8-4 in the district 14A without doing something right.

You know, sometimes you don't have to lose to a team to have respect for them. Even if Bradford loses, and it is probable, most of us, including UC will have a lot of respect for them. They have done a lot. And most of us realized what the coach has done. A lot of teams you will regularly beat won't let you do it easily. You have to come out ready to play. If you don't the upset can happen. So just because most of the english speaking world assumes UC will beat Bradford, a whole lot of folks still like and respect Bradford.

You know, sometimes you don't have to lose to a team to have respect for them. Even if Bradford loses, and it is probable, most of us, including UC will have a lot of respect for them. They have done a lot. And most of us realized what the coach has done. A lot of teams you will regularly beat won't let you do it easily. You have to come out ready to play. If you don't the upset can happen. So just because most of the english speaking world assumes UC will beat Bradford, a whole lot of folks still like and respect Bradford.

And most of the Spanish speaking world also..... <_<