Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

DAG-NAB-IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the best game i've seen all year long. Springer is getting healthy he is starting to play like the player i thought he would play like since the season began. Mj Brown is a willie kemp clone. All he knows to do is win ballgames. I say this anyone wanting to win state will have to go through the curb side to win it this year. I think that lake county will have to play for second with humboldt. 2 and 3 in the district. But i left the game incourage by the way we played and hope that inspires us to bring it everygame. I want to see union city lake county again this year.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the best game i've seen all year long. Springer is getting healthy he is starting to play like the player i thought he would play like since the season began. Mj Brown is a willie kemp clone. All he knows to do is win ballgames. I say this anyone wanting to win state will have to go through the curb side to win it this year. I think that lake county will have to play for second with humboldt. 2 and 3 in the district. But i left the game incourage by the way we played and hope that inspires us to bring it everygame. I want to see union city lake county again this year.

Start the clock Wallace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I know why Whitby plays all those younger guys when they play the weak teams in the district...He is saving his 6 players for the tournaments....If he just played those 6 like he did last nite against all the other teams in the district beside UC and Humboldt,he would have a bunch of guys that were out of gas come Feb. and March....Union City doesn't have that problem,Sisco has 10 now that he can go with even in big games like last nite and against Humboldt....

I also would like to clear something up with a few LC fans,mainly the ones standing on the baseline...When the game was over last nite,Union City's players remained on their bench...It was overheard that UC was doing this to "cause a problem" or "try to stir something up"....When LC hit the shot that brought them within two points with 2 seconds left alot of the LC fans started to file for the exits...That caused the entrance to the Union City locker room to be blocked by fans...When the game ended their was a log-jam of fans standing at the entrance to the locker room...Sisco instructed his players to remain on the bench until was clear to pass,trying NOT to cause a problem or disturbance between his players and the fans....Finally,the LC girls coach and I suppose the principal stepped in to block some of the fans trying to get out of the gym to let the UC players pass through the crowd without incident.......

Last line is not possible. The girls' coach and the principal are one in the same - Coach Johnson IS the principal.

OC, you are right. Union City did not stay on the bench to cause a scene, they were instructed to by the Principal and Security to stay there until a path was cleared to the locker room. :unsure: Guys, everyone agrees it is a team game and teams win and lose games. Both teams made mistakes, problem was LC made theirs at the crucial time. Sep is a warrior and a guy I would always pick first on my team. He has the HEART of a champion. Always guarded the other teams best WR in football and plays the other teams best ball handler in b-ball. Just wish we could rest him a little but he must stay on the floor in big games. Springer looked like the player he can be last night, he gets completely healthy by tourney time , Watch out!! Channin must stay on the floor and we need big Kev on the floor more. I know he needs rest but a couple minutes here and there. Too good a rebounder and inside presence not to be on the floor. UC could not defend him down deep when he got the ball. Overall UC defending state champ and favorite to repeat, #2 LC or Humbolt, who wants to go to the 'boro more.

Edited by wardawg2038

yeah, sometimes getting in and out of traffic is tough in a lot of our smaller gyms. The locker rooms are right in the way of traffic leaving the gym and there is veryy little side line to work with. Just like trying to get to UC's concession stand, and have you ever had to go to the rest room in the middle of a game at Dresden? It took me half a quarter just to find it. It's just part of it.

I heard one of the officers telling a guy from U.C. to tell Coach Sisco to tell his players to keep sitting on their bench..I didn't think about it at the time..but it was a heated game and I thought a clean hard fought game..but still heated and with Lake co losing by 2 points..didn't want to take even the slightest chance of a Trenton -Lake Co repeat as Trenton was leaving the floor a couple years ago!