Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already heard from a source that UTM's coach is wanting MJ already...said he saw the chemistry MJ and Marquis' had last year and wants to restore that on his team. But hopefully MJ will have better school interested than UTM. Like I said...if some of his dad's height can rub off on him, he could be unbelievable. Good luck to MJ in the future

I've already heard from a source that UTM's coach is wanting MJ already...said he saw the chemistry MJ and Marquis' had last year and wants to restore that on his team. But hopefully MJ will have better school interested than UTM. Like I said...if some of his dad's height can rub off on him, he could be unbelievable. Good luck to MJ in the future

From what i hear humboldt's star F Elijah Epperson is getting offers from ole miss,memphis,tennessee,and vandy.Is all state reciever going to make it in both sports.Can he lead his team to state in march.

From what i hear humboldt's star F Elijah Epperson is getting offers from ole miss,memphis,tennessee,and vandy.Is all state reciever going to make it in both sports.Can he lead his team to state in march.

Humboldt is not disciplined enough on defense to make a post-season run..

It's all about playing 4 CONSISTENT quarters :)

UC showed that the Vikings can't do that ;)

I haven't seen him in football..but just by looking at him...looks like he would be the best athlete in the gym..But..the only thing that has REALLY impressed me about him is his jumping ability..I don't believe he is no way talented enough to play basketball at any of those schools..Maybe Dyersburg St.to be a rebounder..I could be wrong..I've seen a lot of players that could shoot a lot better, not be recruited at those schools throughout the years..As far as leading his team to the State..Humboldt could very well be there..but getting there may be a tough road..Yall are going to have to beat either Union City,Lake Co or Bradford and maybe Trenton.Dresden etc. in the region to get there and plus a tough sub-state game..I also thought Sain was Humboldt's main man!I thought he would be the one leading them!

I haven't seen him in football..but just by looking at him...looks like he would be the best athlete in the gym..But..the only thing that has REALLY impressed me about him is his jumping ability..I don't believe he is no way talented enough to play basketball at any of those schools..Maybe Dyersburg St.to be a rebounder..I could be wrong..I've seen a lot of players that could shoot a lot better, not be recruited at those schools throughout the years..As far as leading his team to the State..Humboldt could very well be there..but getting there may be a tough road..Yall are going to have to beat either Union City,Lake Co or Bradford and maybe Trenton.Dresden etc. in the region to get there and plus a tough sub-state game..I also thought Sain was Humboldt's main man!I thought he would be the one leading them!

I'm hoping to talk to Coach Cal in the next few days and see if there is any interest from Memphis..

OC, I think what mightymac was getting at was that Bradford plays with similar EFFORT as UC. WE all know they are not as skilled or as athletic as UC and could play them 100 times and probably not win one. You are right that Humbolt and Lake Co. need to come out early, pour it on the lesser teams but for some reason they typically do not. With LC substitution patterns and line ups generally dictate that. Like someone said I think Whitby tries to rest starters and develop some depth against lesser foes. Humbolt? Who knows why they play to the competition. Finally, I believe MJ will definitely play at the next level, what level remains to be seen. How tall is he know? I know Bigger colleges like the taller guards, I had a friend who was a 6,4 post in HS but a point guard in College. You never can tell in this recruiting thing, I know from experience ;) , it all depends on the coach and what he likes or doesn't like! Who does UC have Friday? What do you guys think will we be in school playing or not? Let it Snow!!! :)

I know what mightymac was saying.....And no,Bradford doesn't play with similar effort.....Bradford in no way compares to Union City and doesn't even need to be mentioned in the same breath....Union City is on a whole 'nother level and so is Lake County and Humboldt...Why they beat Humboldt so bad and even stayed close to Lake County is a mystery.....And if they(LC & H'BOLDT) continue to have these lapses they will both be history.....Union City's players have bought into Sisco's system,they all get a chance to score,they all get the chance to be "the man",they all play defense and seem to enjoy doing it,almost as much as scoring..They also seem to genuinely like each other and they are playing right now with a tremendous amount of confidence...Looks to me they have only one focus and that's the big gold ball.....I also think they will play with a chip on their shoulder in the district and regional tournaments,seeing as how they won neither of those last year....

Me too....

That is Elijah talking.I do hear that he is being recruited by Ole Miss in football but not basketball.I think that the reason that Humboldt and Lake Co games be so close with Bradford is that they both play a halfcourt game with Bradford whereas Union City play them from baseline to baseline and get the game at a breakneck pace that they cant keep up with.This is one reason that i see Lake Co or Humboldt getting knocked off by sum one in the regionals or substate.Lake Co is forced to play llike that now cause they only have 6 players and it should be Humboldts style with the big guys they have.I like one thing about Bradford is that Eddings do have them playing hard the whole game and they have a couple of guys that can shoot the rock.Looking forward to a great tournament.

That is Elijah talking.I do hear that he is being recruited by Ole Miss in football but not basketball.I think that the reason that Humboldt and Lake Co games be so close with Bradford is that they both play a halfcourt game with Bradford whereas Union City play them from baseline to baseline and get the game at a breakneck pace that they cant keep up with.This is one reason that i see Lake Co or Humboldt getting knocked off by sum one in the regionals or substate.Lake Co is forced to play llike that now cause they only have 6 players and it should be Humboldts style with the big guys they have.I like one thing about Bradford is that Eddings do have them playing hard the whole game and they have a couple of guys that can shoot the rock.Looking forward to a great tournament.

EJ is an awesome wide receiver...he is tall and can run...I could see him going to a school like Ole Miss as a wide receiver and possibly walk-on for basketball if he's up for it

I hope this isn't EJ on here talking him self up...I can't stand players that talk them selves up, maybe if your making millions at it, but not high school. If he's good enough, and REALLY is getting all those offers, then we will hear about it in the papers. And from what I've seen at the UC games from him...maybe 2 dunks...and MAYBE about 4 made field goals, I don't see him playing at any of those big schools

I hope this isn't EJ on here talking him self up...I can't stand players that talk them selves up, maybe if your making millions at it, but not high school. If he's good enough, and REALLY is getting all those offers, then we will hear about it in the papers. And from what I've seen at the UC games from him...maybe 2 dunks...and MAYBE about 4 made field goals, I don't see him playing at any of those big schools

E.J is being recruited by those schools for football. Not basketball. :lol: