Region 4-5A Rumor Mill

jmu031

If you will recall, White was announced on Britton's staff last yr as the DC. Then he renigged on that and remained at RHS.

I do not believe he was named the DC on that staff.I think he probably was not sure as far as to what to do with Rankin leaving.Job Security is big,and the weight room guy is usually the 1st to go.I am not sure he ever really wanted to leave Riverdale.I think he was just looking to make sure he had a job,but I do not think he was going to be the DC.I think he was going to coach LB'S and do the weights,but I might be wrong.I wonder if he and Britton still talk??

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed that Blackman is starting their spring on 4/30 with scrimmages against Franklin County and Gallatin. Does anyone else have firm dates and scrimmage opponents yet?

The Blaze also have their lift results up on their web site and look pretty good.

Blackman will probably be embarrased in both of those scrimmages. Being strong doesnt mean anything, if your not coached.

Predictions

1. Smyrna (Way too much talent)

2. Riverdale (OL returns...will be hard to beat...however need to pass more than once a game)

3. LaVergne (Tillery is the real deal)

4. Lebanon (Young and talented...although the 4 spot is usually up for grabs)

5. Oakland ( Need to get in the playoffs or some coaches may need to find another line of work....its been too long and there has been to much talent)

6. Siegel (Lots of returning players...if they dont get to the playoffs this year....see explanation for Oakland)

7. Wilson Central (Lack returning talent to make a run)

8. Blackman (Are returning a few players, but none that can make an impact...by far the worst team in this region..even a descent freshman class cant help)

I think Blackman made some decent strides this yr. Those same freshman kids helped their varsity bball team make 2nd place in the district standings, so they know how to step up. I think you are being a bit harsh with them. BTW...we played both Franklin County and Blackman in regular season, and I think FC was by far the worst team we played last yr.

White is still at Riverdale...but u are saying he has committed to Moore co for their DC position? This already announced? hate rumors started but not confirmed..just wanting to make sure wld hate for riverdale to loose another good one but could understand the move for him since thats where he is from i believe.

Coach Mac told me that he was going with him to Moore Co. to be the DC.

From what I wunderstand, a few of the starters will not play in the first half, due to missing a practice. Coach Wells is definitly running a tight ship, building integrity and building the team concept. Its not about 1 guy...thats why Mimms wont play the first half due to not being at practice.

Obviously, you once though pretty highly of Wells' staff. What happened to change that?

Blackman will probably be embarrased in both of those scrimmages. Being strong doesnt mean anything, if your not coached.

Predictions

1. Smyrna (Way too much talent)

2. Riverdale (OL returns...will be hard to beat...however need to pass more than once a game)

3. LaVergne (Tillery is the real deal)

4. Lebanon (Young and talented...although the 4 spot is usually up for grabs)

5. Oakland ( Need to get in the playoffs or some coaches may need to find another line of work....its been too long and there has been to much talent)

6. Siegel (Lots of returning players...if they dont get to the playoffs this year....see explanation for Oakland)

7. Wilson Central (Lack returning talent to make a run)

8. Blackman (Are returning a few players, but none that can make an impact...by far the worst team in this region..even a descent freshman class cant help)

I think we get a good feel for the staff at Blackman after this fall. If they aren't fightiing for a playoff spot down the stretch the fans will have the right to be disappointed. They have some players and some experince so let's see what they do with it.

Edited by TDCman

Obviously, you once though pretty highly of Wells' staff. What happened to change that?

I think we get a good feel for the staff at Blackman after this fall. If they aren't fightiing for a playoff spot down the stretch the fans will have the right to be disappointed. They have some players and some experince so let's see what they do with it.

I didn't know they had much talent. It looks like my boy Maurecio will be carrying them this year, or atleast try to. As he has been doing the past 2 years.