Region 4-5A Rumor Mill

jmu031

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after watching riverdale scrimmage whites creek today, riverdale is well...riverdale. no suprises. run defense is STOUT. several times i literally saw 10 guys on the tackle (everyone but the safety i believe). they were getting to the ball. WC might have got a new set of downs maybe once that i can remember. they scored once on blown coverage i believe, they had a guy wide open and he went the distance, thats the only time i can remember them passing the 40. wasnt much throwing though, both teams probably had 2 or 3 a piece. our backs on the offense are a force to be reckoned with also, probably had about 8 guys run the ball today. O-line is tough but didnt quite live up to the title many have given them today as the best in the state (i believe they will when it counts), they played fine though.

cant say leaving the scrimmage i was extremely excited, it was more as what i had expected. i am excited seeing the young talent from some of the juniors today, #72 alex smithson, #7 aaron ebalarosa, #6 joey lee, and #20? dont got a name for him. also saw a #33 who i heard is a senior and a transfer? i'll post a little more later more about the individual performances i saw out of some guys

after watching riverdale scrimmage whites creek today, riverdale is well...riverdale. no suprises. run defense is STOUT. several times i literally saw 10 guys on the tackle (everyone but the safety i believe). they were getting to the ball. WC might have got a new set of downs maybe once that i can remember. they scored once on blown coverage i believe, they had a guy wide open and he went the distance, thats the only time i can remember them passing the 40. wasnt much throwing though, both teams probably had 2 or 3 a piece. our backs on the offense are a force to be reckoned with also, probably had about 8 guys run the ball today. O-line is tough but didnt quite live up to the title many have given them today as the best in the state (i believe they will when it counts), they played fine though.

cant say leaving the scrimmage i was extremely excited, it was more as what i had expected. i am excited seeing the young talent from some of the juniors today, #72 alex smithson, #7 aaron ebalarosa, #6 joey lee, and #20? dont got a name for him. also saw a #33 who i heard is a senior and a transfer? i'll post a little more later more about the individual performances i saw out of some guys

Good post...do give us some more details on individuals that stood out.

I only got to see about three possesions by each team but was very impressed with the difference between today and last Friday. Intensity was way up...it was, well, Riverdale football at times.

Had been wondering about who #72 was...man he has grown and got more athletic. I thought the OL was pretty good today as well. I keep seeing #42, #46, #47 in at DT and LB....I'm assuming one of those guys is Gander but who are the other two? There seems to be a lot more overall depth on this team than I expected.

Reaaly good considering the heat and that it was just the second scrimmage.

It might be the last scrimmage until the super changes his mind. I hope he changes his mind quick, because every other county in the state is getting ahead of all the rutherford county schools now. It is hot every August, and guess what, it is going to be hot those first couple of games as well. Practicing them in Air Conditioning and then throwing them out in the heat to play a game is not going to help them in any way.

It might be the last scrimmage until the super changes his mind. I hope he changes his mind quick, because every other county in the state is getting ahead of all the rutherford county schools now. It is hot every August, and guess what, it is going to be hot those first couple of games as well. Practicing them in Air Conditioning and then throwing them out in the heat to play a game is not going to help them in any way.

I am totally bamboozled!

Totally agree...I know the Co. School Super thinks he is doing what is best for the players but the coaches have been doing what is best for the players. This is crazy. They need to be in shape since they have moved the 1st game to that "week 0" Aug 24th if they don't let the guys practice in the heat how are they going to be able to play in the heat? They will be dropping & cramping like crazy.. Sounds like maybe a mandatory workout time like early am or late pm would be better than indoor workout as that does nothing for them. Best of luck coaches w/ doing what you can. Its a shame that they do not have the confidence in who they have hired to take care of these guys. As long as you are playing Rutherford teams then at least you are all in the same boat but since the other counties are not doing this its not really right. Once again...Good Luck Coaches...

Totally agree...I know the Co. School Super thinks he is doing what is best for the players but the coaches have been doing what is best for the players. This is crazy. They need to be in shape since they have moved the 1st game to that "week 0" Aug 24th if they don't let the guys practice in the heat how are they going to be able to play in the heat? They will be dropping & cramping like crazy.. Sounds like maybe a mandatory workout time like early am or late pm would be better than indoor workout as that does nothing for them. Best of luck coaches w/ doing what you can. Its a shame that they do not have the confidence in who they have hired to take care of these guys. As long as you are playing Rutherford teams then at least you are all in the same boat but since the other counties are not doing this its not really right. Once again...Good Luck Coaches...

i totally agree that they should be cancelled because it is over 100 degrees and if a kid goes out and dies in this heat everyone will be mad at the super and the coaches and be ready to sue somebody so lets think about the big picture of keeping every kid safe

wilson county was the first to stop outside practices. an davidson county stoped themt today to. so rutherford county isnt the only ones getting behind. it looks like region 4-5a is shutdown due to heat right now :thumb:

Edited by wcfinnest09