Region 4-5A Rumor Mill

jmu031

Wasn't putting down your pick at all....was just wondering why you said what you did. What you based it on. Our defense is usually the strong point on the team and played well enough to win just about every game we played last season. If you actually played under Moose at some point in time, you know he has a way with turning an awkward group of linemen into playing above their talent level. Our D caused many turnovers and scored several pts. It was the offense that seemed to struggle. Yes, we lost some 3 yr starters on D, but we also have plenty of boys who got some serious playing time returning. But....I could be wrong, you may know something that I don't.

I am aware of our recent win/loss record, so no reminders necessary. However, we have had winning freshmen teams the last 2 yrs that have beaten Riverdale 2 yrs in a row. I would say things are on the upswing once again at Oakland after the devastation Siegel's opening caused us. Do we have things to prove........YES we do. Am I still behind the Pats win or lose? HECK, yes.

And finally.....I don't think it is a secret to anyone around here that I went by a different user name once upon a time on here. <_<

Oh please tell me that you would not do anything that is deceptive. Oakland Pain Train.................comes to a screeching halt!

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

prediction for 2007

riverdale and smyrna have the talent to be in the state chamionship mix. riverdale has been there for a while and smyrna has gradually moved up to where they are in the hunt also.

doesn't guarantee either will win it but you have to be in that top 6 or 8 mix to have a chance

lebanon will be good- i always pick them to be in the hunt

siegel - at what point do those good freshman and middle school teams become productive??

THE NEXT 3 WILL FIGHT FOR LAST PLAY OFF SPOT.

oakland - solid defense yr in and yr out - have to find a way to score more points time to make the playoffs or go in an ew direction hc wise

blackman - qb??? wallace is absolutely wasted at that position. they have been cursed for yrs with no true qb.

lavergne - not a slam on lavergne ( they supported smyrna on their school message sign and I swore off) but just my opinion they lost way to much and will start with an unproven qb. Some good lineman and a quality wr in gray but I think they will really drop off this year.

wc - couldn't believe how they fell off last yr. their offense was painful to watch. unless something changes they will be last in 07

suprises in 07

riverdale will lose a region game ( not to smyrna)

smyrna will have a tb that suprises a lot of people

blackman will be in every game and has best shot at number 4 slot

wc - will not win a region game

lebanon will make a run in the playoffs in 07

prediction for 2007

riverdale and smyrna have the talent to be in the state chamionship mix. riverdale has been there for a while and smyrna has gradually moved up to where they are in the hunt also.

doesn't guarantee either will win it but you have to be in that top 6 or 8 mix to have a chance

siegel - at what point do those good freshman and middle school teams become productive??

oakland - solid defense yr in and yr out - have to find a way to score more points time to make the playoffs or go in an ew direction hc wise

blackman - qb??? wallace is absolutely wasted at that position. they have been cursed for yrs with no true qb.

lavergne - not a slam on lavergne ( they supported smyrna on their school message sign and I swore off) but just my opinion they lost way to much and will start with an unproven qb. Some good lineman and a quality wr in gray but I think they will really drop off this year.

wc - couldn't believe how they fell off last yr. their offense was painful to watch. unless something changes they will be last in 07

suprises in 07

Good analysis.

Biggest surprise this year will be the winner of the WC vs Siegel game with the only guarentee is the loser of that game WILL be in the cellar of the Region. I will take WC now as they HAVE to score sometime! I don't forsee Siegel winning ANY games at all this year.

prediction for 2007

suprises in 07

Good post...not sure I like all the predictions though.

A lot of people are looking at the Riverdale-Oakland game with interest due to the slow start Riverdale had against Siegel last year. I'm sure the players and staff at Oakland see this as an opportunity and will be ready if the Warriors come stumbling out of the gate again. The question really is whether the slow start will be characteristic of the wing-T teams at Riverdale or whether it was just an anomaly due the coaching transition. Obviously, a win over Riverdale would ease some of the pressure on the staff at Oakland and set the stage for a really good season. This game has a few plots and sub-plots, as all good rivalries should.

I agree that Blackman will be much improved....pretty sure I picked them to be a playoff team.

If Lebanon makes a run in the playoffs (wins more than one game), doesn't that mean that either Riverdale or Smyrna will lose in round two? Lebanon showed me a lot for a young team last year but the offense was pretty bland. If you guessed that they were going to run right up the middle you'd be right 90% of the time.

I watched the tape of the Riverdale-WC game a couple weeks ago and I feel a little better about WC...don't think they will be as bad as some think.

It will be intersting to see how Oakland's defense does without Griffith...he was a really, really fine high school DL. When he wasn't in the lineup the defense was not nearly as good...the other guys will have to step up. I'm sure their defensive staff will be stressing that during the spring.

With spring right around the corner there should be more to talk about in the next few weeks.

For anyone who is struggling with the -1 message coming up on your PLUS PM's and you can't receive or send PM's.....here is a solution I have found works. First empty your Pm's by deleting or archiving them. THEN..Send a message to YOURSELF from YOUR own message box. For some crazy reason, that works. That should solve it. It has happened to me several times, and that always fixes it.