Gordonsville 2007

croz6110

I heard about that? That is some complete BS!! MC is just scared to get another beatdown. Oh well, Cheatam Co. is the next contestant

We are happy to be playing Gordonsville next year to start off the 2007 campaign. It will be a tough challenge but should prepare the guys well for a very tough Region 5-3A schedule.

Harpeth refused to play Cheatham Co. in 2007 OR 2008 because "they wanted to play someone they could compete with" :lol::P I hear Red Boling Springs has some available games :thumb:

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are happy to be playing Gordonsville next year to start off the 2007 campaign. It will be a tough challenge but should prepare the guys well for a very tough Region 5-3A schedule.

Harpeth refused to play Cheatham Co. in 2007 OR 2008 because "they wanted to play someone they could compete with" :):) I hear Red Boling Springs has some available games :)

Big Country,

Can you fill me in on Cheatham Co.?

I know nothing about them.

How many starters are returning, what key players, and how many seniors will ya'll have next year.

Big Country,

Can you fill me in on Cheatham Co.?

I know nothing about them.

How many starters are returning, what key players, and how many seniors will ya'll have next year.

A playoff team in 2A & 3A for the last five years under head coach Cody Finley and his staff.

This year's team was EXTREMELY YOUNG in both grade level and in playing experience as well. The '05 2nd Rd. Playoff Team graduated 10 starters off of the defensive side of the football and 9 off of the offensive side. Young guys stepped up and took their lumps early in the year which explains the 1-4 start this past year but as the season progressed those guys improved greatly and as they gained experience confidence was gained as well. They no longer had what I like to call "Friday Night Stage Fright" :) The team finished the regular season this past year at 5-5 overall and went to the playoffs to play a team that at the time was ranked #3 in the state in Class 3A (Jackson South Side). Our young guys were never intimidated by them and they layed it all on the line in a 42-35 loss in an absolutely exciting game that was a shootout.

Next year's team returns THE ENTIRE STARTING OFFENSIVE LINE up front (as well as all region tight end Jerry Henry). Both starting receivers, the starting quarterback, and the starting backfield all graduate. There will be some young guys that have the ability to step in and replace those guys but they are going to get tested early in games like this one. Names like Tyler Anderson, Garrett Potts, Joe Rhinehart, & Kendall Chambliss come to mind right away. Defensively the team returns THE ENTIRE STARTING FRONT SEVEN from this year's team. The secondary will have a couple of new faces back there although expected replacements Ryan Phillips & Jacob Dodson started and played in several games this past year. The defense will be anchored by a strong front consisting of third year starting end Justin Batts & the tackle duo of Kenneth Huckabee and Chris Rushing.

If some skill position guys on the offensive side of the football can step up their games early in the year next year then 2007 could be a very special year at Cheatham Co. Central High School. Otherwise the team is once again going to take their lumps early in the year and have to "find themselves" heading down the stretch (when the region schedule really heats up).

How does Gordonsville look next year????? I know that this past year they played Friendship Christian very tough in the playoffs and have been to the second round of the playoffs for the last four years (and were in the quarters the two years prior to that run).

I AM ALREADY LOOKING FORWARD TO MY FIRST TRIP TO GORDONSVILLE & AM EXPECTING A HARD HITTING PHYSICAL TYPE OF BATTLE BETWEEN TWO OUTSTANDING FOOTBALL TEAMS :)

A playoff team in 2A & 3A for the last five years under head coach Cody Finley and his staff.

This year's team was EXTREMELY YOUNG in both grade level and in playing experience as well. The '05 2nd Rd. Playoff Team graduated 10 starters off of the defensive side of the football and 9 off of the offensive side. Young guys stepped up and took their lumps early in the year which explains the 1-4 start this past year but as the season progressed those guys improved greatly and as they gained experience confidence was gained as well. They no longer had what I like to call "Friday Night Stage Fright" :) The team finished the regular season this past year at 5-5 overall and went to the playoffs to play a team that at the time was ranked #3 in the state in Class 3A (Jackson South Side). Our young guys were never intimidated by them and they layed it all on the line in a 42-35 loss in an absolutely exciting game that was a shootout.

Next year's team returns THE ENTIRE STARTING OFFENSIVE LINE up front (as well as all region tight end Jerry Henry). Both starting receivers, the starting quarterback, and the starting backfield all graduate. There will be some young guys that have the ability to step in and replace those guys but they are going to get tested early in games like this one. Names like Tyler Anderson, Garrett Potts, Joe Rhinehart, & Kendall Chambliss come to mind right away. Defensively the team returns THE ENTIRE STARTING FRONT SEVEN from this year's team. The secondary will have a couple of new faces back there although expected replacements Ryan Phillips & Jacob Dodson started and played in several games this past year. The defense will be anchored by a strong front consisting of third year starting end Justin Batts & the tackle duo of Kenneth Huckabee and Chris Rushing.

If some skill position guys on the offensive side of the football can step up their games early in the year next year then 2007 could be a very special year at Cheatham Co. Central High School. Otherwise the team is once again going to take their lumps early in the year and have to "find themselves" heading down the stretch (when the region schedule really heats up).

How does Gordonsville look next year????? I know that this past year they played Friendship Christian very tough in the playoffs and have been to the second round of the playoffs for the last four years (and were in the quarters the two years prior to that run).

I AM ALREADY LOOKING FORWARD TO MY FIRST TRIP TO GORDONSVILLE & AM EXPECTING A HARD HITTING PHYSICAL TYPE OF BATTLE BETWEEN TWO OUTSTANDING FOOTBALL TEAMS :)

When you think of 1A football tradition, you think of teams liek Gordonsville, TC, SP, etc...

Gordonsville has been to the playoffs for 13 straight years I believe(don't quote me on that). I am a former Gordonsville player/graduate as is croz...

Gordonsville graduates 6 seniors and returns many Jr.s and Sophomores. The most important aspect is our starting QB returns, Justin Smith. He can beat you throwing, he can beat you running the ball, and he can beat you handing it off. Ask South Pitt and any of the teams they played last year. He is a hoss, and the second strongest member of the team from what I have heard. We graduate 2 of our offensive linemen, some recievers, and our running back who is a hoss as well. But Jordan Davis should fill in nicely. That's all I know really right now b/c I no longer live in Gordonsville.

I personally will love to see this match up. My cousin went to Cheatam Co until Creekwood was built, so I knew some people from that area.

They will be good. Better be ready for a battle :)

come on Zone, give him some more insight than that! lol

oh, and no more prank calls!!! :)

When you think of 1A football tradition, you think of teams liek Gordonsville, TC, SP, etc...

Gordonsville has been to the playoffs for 13 straight years I believe(don't quote me on that). I am a former Gordonsville player/graduate as is croz...

Gordonsville graduates 6 seniors and returns many Jr.s and Sophomores.

Our teams sound familiar though you guys have much more "playoff tradition" I must say. We graduate 7 SENIORS from this year's playoff team and the majority of our guys that return are also juniors and sophomores (some freshmen played as well).

Have a great Christmas and I hope your team enjoys the break and works hard throughout the winter, spring, and summer because August will certainly be here before we know it.