Gordonsville 2007

croz6110

If it turns out that way Smith co wont be the same until the next game the following year. Our attendance will double. The old guys will come out of the woodwork. Hang on the fence and I wont have room to move. That would be great. Its well over due. You are right about TC. They looked better than last year but it wasnt good enough. The guru was definately hot. I thought he was going to blow a gasket. I think he was a little disapointed in his team. Then again he was overmatched from what I saw. Player for player they just didnt match up. Seems the big play threat is not there as of now. May be another long season unless he finds a wonder boy. I beleive TC will be able to put up a good game with most teams. Have to play them tough all the way and not let up. Above all in the fourth quarter. TC is always in great condition. It does appear the talent has shifted to other schools this year. I still hold a lot of respect for TC. Always will they have earned it.

In my opinion this is why I say the region is GV to lose. They have the talent, strength, and ability. The question only rest in the mental aspects of there game. A win in that 2nd game of the season could go along ways mentally for that team. Your right about the guru. He is one of the best to take less talent and do more with it. They will be fine I'm sure but not the calibur team GV can become. Cant wait till ya'll make me look brilliant in that second game by 2TD's. Watch out though when you come to the rockpile in MOTOWN because we will have vengence on our mind. I'm exepecting a barn burner. On another note, What colleges are looking at your QB if any?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion this is why I say the region is GV to lose. They have the talent, strength, and ability. The question only rest in the mental aspects of there game. A win in that 2nd game of the season could go along ways mentally for that team. Your right about the guru. He is one of the best to take less talent and do more with it. They will be fine I'm sure but not the calibur team GV can become. Cant wait till ya'll make me look brilliant in that second game by 2TD's. Watch out though when you come to the rockpile in MOTOWN because we will have vengence on our mind. I'm exepecting a barn burner. On another note, What colleges are looking at your QB if any?

UT & Vols so far. Im not sure if he has any corespondance from anyone else yet. He visited both of the afore mentioned.

Yep I know the Eagles are looking for payback. Especially at home. It seems GV has played better on the road in the past. If that holds true this year All the real tough games but one are away. Then again I dont know anything about Cheatum county. I know they better be ready for a head cracking, slobber knocking game. As you know thats a GV tradition. As I see it by our schedule GV gets 2 weeks to prepare for the Eagles. I agree its going to be a great game. I bet it holds the crowd till the end. I will bet you you wont see that defensive tackle get a straight shot at the QB without being touched like yesterday. LOL I just couldnt help it.

• 2 weeks later...
Work hard..GV could have a special yr.

In may opinion, this could be the best Gordonsville team ever. I saw the Goodpasture scrimmage. I can't wait until the Gordonsville at Westmoreland game. It will be like old times, hopefully two undefeated teams going at it with standing room only. I played back in the 80's when it was like this. This will be a battle that will stay in the minds of both teams thru the ages. This is what it's all about.

In may opinion, this could be the best Gordonsville team ever. I saw the Goodpasture scrimmage. I can't wait until the Gordonsville at Westmoreland game. It will be like old times, hopefully two undefeated teams going at it with standing room only. I played back in the 80's when it was like this. This will be a battle that will stay in the minds of both teams thru the ages. This is what it's all about.

I've been saying G'ville is THE team to beat. They will simply MASH some folks this year.

Or get MASHED. :)

Whoop there it is. Never good enough in a Nite Chickens eye. Most likely get mashed by our Smith co 2A team. Seems thats the given year after year. Maybe GV can compete a little better this year with the projected team we are supposed to have. Then theres that big ole line the Owls have will be driving GV off the ball, as usual. GV will most likely score once, maybe twice if they are lucky. Then fold. Thats the way it always happens. Right? Chickens should put in their 2nd team and give GV a chance, then bring in the A team to stomp GV. Give Gv some encouragement. GV is just a little ole 1A team. Should show the kittys mercy. Everything is always bigger and better in Carthage. Thats what the Nite Chicken fans preach. Do I get a big Amen on that? :)

The big question is will Gv be able to share that big state of the art practice facility thats going to be built over there? You know. Like the baseball field we share. ;) GV needs bleachers more than a practice field.

Whoop there it is. Never good enough in a Nite Chickens eye. Most likely get mashed by our Smith co 2A team. Seems thats the given year after year. Maybe GV can compete a little better this year with the projected team we are supposed to have. Then theres that big ole line the Owls have will be driving GV off the ball, as usual. GV will most likely score once, maybe twice if they are lucky. Then fold. Thats the way it always happens. Right? Chickens should put in their 2nd team and give GV a chance, then bring in the A team to stomp GV. Give Gv some encouragement. GV is just a little ole 1A team. Should show the kittys mercy. Everything is always bigger and better in Carthage. Thats what the Nite Chicken fans preach. Do I get a big Amen on that? ;)

The big question is will Gv be able to share that big state of the art practice facility thats going to be built over there? You know. Like the baseball field we share. :) GV needs bleachers more than a practice field.

Nope...but we'll be sure to post pictures. :) The practice facility will be totally privately funded...no wasted wheel tax money for this project. Get to work and raise your own money for your own facility.

It's danged if you do and danged if you don't. If SC pounds the Kitties it's because they are a little 1a school. If SC loses...we never hear the end of it. Luckily...that hasn't been a problem lately. I just don't see how SC can compete with the 1a champs. We are just a little 2a middle of the road program. Alcoa killed us. Surely the Kitties will be as good as Alcoa was last year (that's what I'm hearing). We just have a bunch of small...but slow kids. How could they possibly play with the self-proclaimed mecca of high school football? :)

Nope...but we'll be sure to post pictures. :) The practice facility will be totally privately funded...no wasted wheel tax money for this project. Get to work and raise your own money for your own facility.

It's danged if you do and danged if you don't. If SC pounds the Kitties it's because they are a little 1a school. If SC loses...we never hear the end of it. Luckily...that hasn't been a problem lately. I just don't see how SC can compete with the 1a champs. We are just a little 2a middle of the road program. Alcoa killed us. Surely the Kitties will be as good as Alcoa was last year (that's what I'm hearing). We just have a bunch of small...but slow kids. How could they possibly play with the self-proclaimed mecca of high school football? :)

Self proclaimed. Did Dillared make a speach? He is the authority to make that call dont you think?

Problem with 1A is you cant play down. You are right. If you win GV is a 1A team. If you lose they are still a 1A team. That wont change. When you play down and win you dont look good. When you lose you look bad. I think thats what you meant to say .

As for the 1A champs Im glad you like our chances. Just your way of saying it to save pride. I understand.