If It walks like a Duck

pujo

6 out of the last 7 state championships have been won by "small private christian schools" in 1A, thats not the big prep schools. I guess all the best athletes lately just woke and decided to go play for a private the last 7 years. I have reread all my post and it cant get any cleared than "my real christian friends" See the difference between me and you is I have stated from the begining Im mad, ticked off, upset, and anything else you can think off. I've stated my opinions and accusations without cutting and belittling people. When "you people" dont like wht you hear and attack with words that is hurtful and cutting, but yet it is joking "with the guys" Keep firing at me I dont care. One day the split will happen and I can come back and enjoy these post.

MP,

You mean you can come on here and rant and rave, call people I know and care about liers, cheaters, and hypocrits, but when I call you on it I am the one belittling you and being hurtful?

When some of us make jokes about what you have done we are the bad guys? I honestly don't understand that mindset at all. If you are gonna dish it out and some of it comes back at you (in a much milder form) you sure should be ready to take it.

Back to the issue, if you remember there was a multiplier put into place to solve the 1a problem 2 years ago. All of the previous 1a private state champs moved up to 2a. So now the situation is a bit different than it was 3 years ago. How many state championships have been won by small privates since the multiplier? Since it is the current state of affairs, shouldn't we be talking about how things are now?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MP,

You mean you can come on here and rant and rave, call people I know and care about liers, cheaters, and hypocrits, but when I call you on it I am the one belittling you and being hurtful?

When some of us make jokes about what you have done we are the bad guys? I honestly don't understand that mindset at all. If you are gonna dish it out and some of it comes back at you (in a much milder form) you sure should be ready to take it.

Back to the issue, if you remember there was a multiplier put into place to solve the 1a problem 2 years ago. All of the previous 1a private state champs moved up to 2a. So now the situation is a bit different than it was 3 years ago. How many state championships have been won by small privates since the multiplier? Since it is the current state of affairs, shouldn't we be talking about how things are now?

Milder form, thats a joke. State one time I said cheating. I gave you my reasoning on recruiting and you didnt like it. As far as hypocrits, I'm not the one on here quoting scripture and staing I'll pray for you in one comment and ripping on another. Sorry, but thats what some of you have done. State when I called someone a liar and it wasnt true. They were still 1A private schools, and most privates cried about the multiplier.

Edited by MPHSTIGERS87

I don't think I've ever seen any private supporters complain about the multiplier...

Even if they did it's certainly nowhere near to the level of complaining that the small publics have done over the years! :lol: Looks to me like the small privates decided to spend their energy on working harder to win more ball games.

I don't think I've ever seen any private supporters complain about the multiplier...

Even if they did it's certainly nowhere near to the level of complaining that the small publics have done over the years! :lol: Looks to me like the small privates decided to spend their energy on working harder to win more ball games.

Good coaching, parental support, hard working athletes, and having the adminstratiion behind athletics has nothing to do with how successful a schools athletic programs are as a whole.

You must recruit and cheat to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

State one time I said cheating. I gave you my reasoning on recruiting and you didnt like it.

You have never SAID cheating, but you have implied it a few of your posts. This one, in particular, jumps out.

There is no way a school in 1A or 2A can start 22 different players for 22 positions and be successful without some educational grant help.

If the players are receiving educational grant help and playing, that is cheating.

Good coaching, parental support, hard working athletes, and having the adminstratiion behind athletics has nothing to do with how successful a schools athletic programs are as a whole.

You must recruit and cheat to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find two things in the private/public debate to be rather funny.

First, you never hear anyone accuse the less successful private schools of recruiting. I don't think I've ever seen any allegations of rules violations by Zion Christian.

Second, you never hear any of the vocal anti-privates express concerns over the domination Alcoa and Maryville have had in 2A and 4A respectively. So privates dominate 1A football, that's a problem. Two publics dominate 2A and 4A, no problem.

First, you never hear anyone accuse the less successful private schools of recruiting. I don't think I've ever seen any allegations of rules violations by Zion Christian.

Second, you never hear any of the vocal anti-privates express concerns over the domination Alcoa and Maryville have had in 2A and 4A respectively. So privates dominate 1A football, that's a problem. Two publics dominate 2A and 4A, no problem.

Alcoa, Riverdale, & Maryville have never dominated in football and Liberty (less than 5 year old) does not have a good basketball team. It's those dang D1A private schools that are cheating and stealing all of the great athletes.

Zion picked a kid from a nashville school here recently havent they? To play basketball.

Edited by MPHSTIGERS87

Zion picked a kid from a nashville school here recently havent they? To play basketball.

Are you saying that an athlete from Nashville is driving over 100 miles per day to play basketball for Zion? Did someone move from Nashville to play for Zion?

Let's be real!!!!!!!!

Alcoa, Riverdale, & Maryville have never dominated in football and Liberty (less than 5 year old) does not have a good basketball team. It's those dang D1A private schools that are cheating and stealing all of the great athletes.

Dont forget Fulton in 3a...lessee, that is Alcoa, Fulton, Maryville, Riverdale...hmm...all the categories are completely dominated by public powerhouses except 1a where the privates have more success.

Now for the kicker...Trousdale has a better record over its last 10 years playing in 1a than (drumroll) ANY 1a sized DI private...ever. So in reality the publics dominate all categories...or at least an argument can be made for that...odd we never see those schools talked about when multipliers and splits are called for. Also odd that those schools are never brought up when recruiting is mentioned...or money...but any good private must be out recruiting or out moneying (made that one up) all the publics they beat. I guess that makes Alcoa the richest school in the whole state...or just behind Maryville...

Now for the kicker...Trousdale has a better record over its last 10 years playing in 1a than (drumroll) ANY 1a sized DI private...ever. So in reality the publics dominate all categories...or at least an argument can be made for that.

HERE IN CASE ANYBODY FORGOT. Privates have won 6 of the last 7 state championships in 1A. Yea publics are totally dominating.

HERE IN CASE ANYBODY FORGOT. Privates have won 6 of the last 7 state championships in 1A. Yea publics are totally dominating.

What is the number since the multiplier MP? 1 of 2. Now let me ask you this, what is the largest number of 1a championships won by any DI private for the last 10 years they have been in 1a?

How many has TC won in its last 10 years in 1a?

Let me ask you this. If you are really for "fairness" or "equality" would you admit that MP has some advantages over...say...Red Boiling Springs?

Given that that is true, would you be for a merit system of classification? If not, why not?