Big 9 Confrence

32-34combo

Who would want to coach there after you would fire Morgan. Name one

I agree...they have been down that road before with Coach Shipley. The program was mediocre for some years after he was run out on a rail. If I recall, DB was the only Big 9 substate rep last year on a team that was not picked to do too well. Everybody then said that was probably his best coaching job since he has been at DB. And they did go to the state tourney in back to back year under Coach CMo and back-to-back region champs (including a 30 win season) just 3 seasons ago. He is 137-55..about 72% winning. Like I have said...I don't think he was on the floor when they missed the front end of a free throw at a crucial time or back to back turnovers with a 5 point lead...or 4 misses around the hoop at the final shot...or two 6'-8" players not being able to score or rebound.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morgan is tooooo good to be treated that way.

I agree with you and I am a DB fan who has lived here all my life. This is a long season and the team has only lost 4 games. It's not time to start attacking the coach. He still has time to turn this season around. But if the players hear these kind of comments about their coach, do you think they will be inspired to play any better? Right now what these players need is fan support-not criticism. If you want to talk about coaching changes the time to do that is after the season ends, not now. Doesn't anyone recall Science Hill trying to hire Coach Morgan away from DB just a few years ago? You don't win two state championships by not knowing how to coach. My gut instinct tells me the current problems may even be partially related to football season hangover. The fact that the players didn't meet their expectations might still be in their heads. Remember these are 16 and 17 year olds.

As someone said Morgan isn't the one turning the ball over or missing free throws. You keep talking about how great this freshman class was that are now seniors, think. Your best player from that team, Coty, is hurt, and Reid is now at South. You can't take scores from freshman that seriously anymore, most teams move up their better freshman to JV or Varsity. Everyone knew how good Coty and Throp were last year, maybe Morgan got the most out of this bunch that he could last year.

How do you know how to spell, arent you more of a math guy??

Why do you clowns continue to feel the need to try to reveal posters identities? To me that’s the equivalent of being a low-down snitch. You don’t cool points for that. What do you feel you gain from doing this? There should be a coacht rule against this. :lol:

Edited by Cap1

I agree with you and I am a DB fan who has lived here all my life. This is a long season and the team has only lost 4 games. It's not time to start attacking the coach. He still has time to turn this season around. But if the players hear these kind of comments about their coach, do you think they will be inspired to play any better? Right now what these players need is fan support-not criticism. If you want to talk about coaching changes the time to do that is after the season ends, not now. Doesn't anyone recall Science Hill trying to hire Coach Morgan away from DB just a few years ago? You don't win two state championships by not knowing how to coach. My gut instinct tells me the current problems may even be partially related to football season hangover. The fact that the players didn't meet their expectations might still be in their heads. Remember these are 16 and 17 year olds.

Then who exactly is to blame for this 4-4 record....

Then who exactly is to blame for this 4-4 record....

The season goes into february. The ones who miss free throws at the end of the game, the ones who turn the ball over at the end of the game. Those are the ones that you look at and blame. I have said many times before that players make plays. Coaches can not go make the free throws. Coaches can not protect the basketball.

The season goes into february. The ones who miss free throws at the end of the game, the ones who turn the ball over at the end of the game. Those are the ones that you look at and blame. I have said many times before that players make plays. Coaches can not go make the free throws. Coaches can not protect the basketball.

In this case coaches won't let the players go out there and play their game. There wouldn't be any game winning free throws to hit or miss if this team had already been winning.

In this case coaches won't let the players go out there and play their game. There wouldn't be any game winning free throws to hit or miss if this team had already been winning.

Throp shot the free throw and missed. Charlie Morgan didn't. Sylvester turned the ball over with poor ball handling skills, Charlie Morgan didn't. Please someone in Kingsport let the students be responsible for their actions. Ever since I have been associated with anything Kingsport has always tried to put their blame on everything but where the blame needs to go. Let these kids take responsibility for their poor play. No matter what offense you have anyone that is a playmaker can make plays.