Big 9 Confrence

32-34combo

Yea I know it’s not legally cheating…but do you really want to win a JV game so bad that you would risk injury to a major contributor or starter on Varsity? At THS that does not happen. I know varsity underclassmen that barley get on the court in the varsity games but still don’t get to play JV at THS. Can anybody other than DB say that their school allows major contributors on varsity to also play on JV? Sounds a little desperate to me.

Thats just dumb on THS' part because apparently the players are not major contributors if they barely get in the game on varisty, so why not play them in the JV game? The kid cant get any better. And next year if he does get in the varsity game he is going to be so nervous hes not going to know what to do.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite being heavy underdogs the Vikings were only 7 points down with just over two minutes left in the game tonight. The margin of victory was the result of having to foul the Toppers in the closing minutes of the game because they went to a four corners type offense to run out the clock. If we play other opponents with the same level of intensity as they did tonight the odds are looking good to finish top four in the conference. Hats off to coach Whitcher and crew tonight!

The toppers are LOADED with talent as I expected with only one senior and two sophomores starting tonight. The first two off the bench for the Toppers were also sophomores...so in my book the odds are that they will rein supreme for at least the next two years in the Big 9. Just my opinion…but we will see. :unsure:

Cap I made my way to science hill tonight to see what my boys are going to be going up against when they play your boys. I do recall a good game for the most part. Omar was gone for the whole first quarter and oddly enough they did call more fouls on him than usual, but I dont know what game you were watching because the vikings were not fouling at the end of the game. The hilltoppers were just fast breaking and blew the game wide open. So you trying to make your boys look better than they are is not working because I made a special visit to come watch them play.

Thats just dumb on THS' part because apparently the players are not major contributors if they barely get in the game on varisty, so why not play them in the JV game? The kid cant get any better. And next year if he does get in the varsity game he is going to be so nervous hes not going to know what to do.

I can’t disagree.

Cap I made my way to science hill tonight to see what my boys are going to be going up against when they play your boys. I do recall a good game for the most part. Omar was gone for the whole first quarter and oddly enough they did call more fouls on him than usual, but I dont know what game you were watching because the vikings were not fouling at the end of the game. The hilltoppers were just fast breaking and blew the game wide open. So you trying to make your boys look better than they are is not working because I made a special visit to come watch them play.

Once again one of you Central guys show up to hammer home the reason why I refer to you as the “Central Circus”!!! Eight of the last ten points of the game where from the charity stripe…and six of those were made by the point guard Odem. I wonder why that is…you think its maybe because he may have brought the ball down the court and maybe the Vikings had to foul him to stop the clock??? The question I have for you is what colors were the uniforms of the teams on the court at the game you were at? :lol: You can’t be too sure with you Central boys. :ph34r::lol:

Don’t take my word for it just read any of the media stories. What does it matter anyway…we lost the game…but it was a very competitive game all the way up to the last minutes of the fourth. As a matter of fact, you said so yourself Clown!!!!

I dont think it really matters about how one team matches up with another team from the big 9, any team in this conference can be beat and that includes the hilltoppers, they are the team to beat but they are not that much better than all the other big 9 teams.... When it comes time for district tourney i would not put money on one team.

I dont think it really matters about how one team matches up with another team from the big 9, any team in this conference can be beat and that includes the hilltoppers, they are the team to beat but they are not that much better than all the other big 9 teams.... When it comes time for district tourney i would not put money on one team.

Once again…I agree. :)

Once again…I agree. :D

Just watching right now I think the team that gets hot the last two weeks of the season will likely be the big nine representative in the playoffs. And like you said that could be almost anyone. Coach Morgan historically has his teams playing their best ball around tournament time. But something that really concerns me is that the Indians seem to start out slow in almost every game they play. For whatever reason they come out cold and end up having to dig themselves out of a big hole. I don't think they can afford to do that during tournament play. If they do they will have an early exit.

Just watching right now I think the team that gets hot the last two weeks of the season will likely be the big nine representative in the playoffs. And like you said that could be almost anyone. Coach Morgan historically has his teams playing their best ball around tournament time. But something that really concerns me is that the Indians seem to start out slow in almost every game they play. For whatever reason they come out cold and end up having to dig themselves out of a big hole. I don't think they can afford to do that during tournament play. If they do they will have an early exit.

DB has not even played a "Good" team yet. The wins they have this year are more due to the other team screwing up at the end of the game and not that much due to anything DB has done. It took everybody 10 years to figure out that Daniels could not coach and it looks like its gonna' take even longer with Morgan. If Sensabaugh turns this team around when he returns then he is the best player in the state.

DB has not even played a "Good" team yet. The wins they have this year are more due to the other team screwing up at the end of the game and not that much due to anything DB has done. It took everybody 10 years to figure out that Daniels could not coach and it looks like its gonna' take even longer with Morgan. If Sensabaugh turns this team around when he returns then he is the best player in the state.

I am not expecting Sensabaugh to make a big difference this year either because he probably won't be back to full game speed until after the season is over. Even after the cast is off his leg, the physical therapy takes weeks to get you back to normal. I know first hand because I went thru it several years ago.

But regarding your comment about Coach Daniels and Coach Morgan: it seems odd to me that both of these gentlemen were highly respected as coaches when they came to Kingsport. They brought impressive resumes and both had great success wherever they had coached previously. I can remember some of the great Buck Van Huss teams and to be quite frank with you I haven't seen that kind of talent in Kingsport in a long time. It's always easy to blame the coach first, but I do think great teams begin with great talent. I sorta wonder if it's perhaps the quality of coaching they are getting in middle school. That's not meant to be a putdown because I know these guys are school teachers first and coaches second.

WaCo,

Daniels was only the head coach at D-B for 6 years. And I think you are being overly hard on this team, but that is your opinion and you are entitled to it...I also think you are being a bit hard on the teams they have played, Cherokee had only lost to Science Hill and Greeneville, East was 4-1 in the conference, Austin East is expected to contend in their conference, Central has played well at times this year, and so on...I prefer to enjoy the effort and continue to encourage and cheer for the achievements...nobody "screwed up" in Rogersville and D-B jumped out early against East (just to use the most recent examples)...and if the opposition "screwed up at the end of the game" is your excuse for some wins, then you must go back to last year for two wins over Volunteer (2x in overtime) and both regular season wins over South, and one win over Tennessee High, and a win over Science Hill, and at least two wins over Central , and a win over Morristown West...and gosh, maybe that is how basketball goes, huh?...or maybe you are trying to use that reverse psychology to reattach the so-called chip they had on their shoulder last year...I don't know...they are 6-4, not where they would like to be but better that 5-5 or less...do you believe the media with their opinions on who is supposed to be good?...if so, then okay, they are not up to expectations...but are they playing hard?...I'd say at least most of them most of the time...is that good enough?...well, for who?...they aren't playing for you and me; they have to be true to themselves and honest with their self assessments...they are high school kids.

maroonandgrey,

I think the D-B vs. Gate City game begins at 7:00pm.

I'll try to find out for sure.

Roll Tribe Roll