Region 8

ut18vols

119-6th

125-8th

130-7th

152-1st

189-7th

2 of of our Grapplers should have placed higher but made some last second mistakes that cost them the match for higher spots. Our young 189lb was leading by 7 and made a mistake against BA toward the end of the 3rd and lost by a pin. Our 119 was leading by 2 with 5 scds on the clock and ended up losing by 2.

Over all I think our young team did well with the Senior, Sergio P coming home with the gold.

Congrats to Sergio!! I suppose Wright didn't drop after all or decided to stay up with Felix dropping now. And props to Turner too @ 130 in such a tough tournament... Makes the Rigger a proud Master Blaster!! Spencer is happy I'm sure with his boy at 125 a well.

I am amazed at a freshman coming off crutches to place at such a high weight like 189 too. Wonder how Croy did?

soms

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Sergio!! I suppose Wright didn't drop after all or decided to stay up with Felix dropping now. And props to Turner too @ 130 in such a tough tournament... Makes the Rigger a proud Master Blaster!! Spencer is happy I'm sure with his boy at 125 a well.

I am amazed at a freshman coming off crutches to place at such a high weight like 189 too. Wonder how Croy did?

soms

125 Drake gave the Franklin kid a great match.

If we could get the 125 and 130 to push each other they could make some noise at region. However, as designated "goof balls" they do make most of the team laugh. :thumb:

BTW-tnko, I thought Sergio looked like a small 152 at Father Ryan, Not sure what his weight is now but he looked small against all 3 152s he faced.

Edited by rigger101

Som's Croy had a strong tournament he finished second not sure to who though . Rigger did you notice that everyone looked small against the Houston guys .They were a strong looking group of young men Greenback had some big guys also.

Yeah, I thought that but it's been that way for years. When my oldest son faced Borneman from Houston in 2003 he was built. I don't know what they do but those kids are ripped.

All the Ensworth young men were built solid.

BTW-tell the Overton 130 that our 130 said he was the toughest kid he beat at FR Tourney.

Edited by rigger101

Springfield took another blow to the team with their 145 Cobb going down for the season. All of his wrestling career he has been limber and like a stretch arm strong kinda person. Well he has had problems with his shoulders and they finally gave out and he has to have double sugery on them so he is out for the rest of the season.

Springfield look good early but after losing their 189 and 145 and i beleive another they arent as good and we will see this Thurday at H'ville, I know H'ville has a full line-up and S'field lacks a spot or two and also very young wrestlers in the 189. Springfield may be lacking rest of the season and could slip to 3 or 4th in the final region rankings

Som's Croy had a strong tournament he finished second not sure to who though . Rigger did you notice that everyone looked small against the Houston guys .They were a strong looking group of young men Greenback had some big guys also.

That was a tough tournament. Congrats to both of the two freshman @ 189!

I wonder if they will meet up this year???? Croy's build may push him over the top! With two experienced wrestlers........ strength may prevail?

K. Jones took his first loss of the season the other night. He is like 29-1 now. I cant wait to see his toughest competion(IMO) this year at the H'ville tourney when he takes on Sergio(saying they match up in the brackets).

I would think that they would. Since Sergio is ranked and won the FR Tourney. These young men should meet in the finals.

Why didn't you match up your strenths on the other topic of Region 8 Championship. You need to help me out so I know which kids to watch.

Looks like 152 is even. How about the other weights?

I would think that they would. Since Sergio is ranked and won the FR Tourney. These young men should meet in the finals.

Why didn't you match up your strenths on the other topic of Region 8 Championship. You need to help me out so I know which kids to watch.

Looks like 152 is even. How about the other weights?

Yea, sorry ive havent had alot of time to get on here. Springfield 103, 112, 140,152, HWT will be the ones to watch, the others might be surprises to me. But those weights are the best for Springfield.

I look forward to seeing another great battle between your 152 and Sergio.

New region predictions based on wrestling so far. any one could step up at regions.

Finals matches my predictions. come on guys give your predictions..

103-Hville vs White house

112-springfield vs smyrna

119-Beech vs Hville

125-Hville vs whitehouse

130-mt juliet vs hville

135-beech vs mt juliet

140-springfield vs mt juliet

145-beech vs Hville

152-hville vs springfield (best match) the winner of this match might be OW

160-wilson central vs smyrna

171-wilson central vs Beech

189-hville vs wilson central (Beech if he gets back)

215-beech vs wilson central

hwt-friendship vs Lavergne

It will be intresting to see how this region plays out. It would also make some good conversation for some others to reply and put there guesses up here also.

New region predictions based on wrestling so far. any one could step up at regions.

Finals matches my predictions. come on guys give your predictions..

103-Hville vs White house

112-springfield vs smyrna

119-Beech vs Hville

125-Hville vs whitehouse

130-mt juliet vs hville

135-beech vs mt juliet

140-springfield vs mt juliet

145-beech vs Hville

152-hville vs springfield (best match) the winner of this match might be OW

160-wilson central vs smyrna

171-wilson central vs Beech

189-hville vs wilson central (Beech if he gets back)

215-beech vs wilson central

hwt-friendship vs Lavergne

It will be intresting to see how this region plays out. It would also make some good conversation for some others to reply and put there guesses up here also.

Good job Jeff but i think i can do better

103-White House

112-Smyrna

119-Wilson Central

125-Friendship Christian

130-Greenbrier

135-Mt. Juliet

140-Mt. juliet

145-Beech

152-Springfield

160-Smyrna

171-Wilson Central