Rutledge Girls

boxn1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC Grizzlies- nice name. Rumor has it that the new High School that the Rutledge kids will be attending will be nicknamed the Grizzlies and will be called Grainger High School. You must have heard that also. Colors may be Navy and Burnt orange. Pretty catchy name! What do you guys think?

My understanding is that Tuesday night the School Board passed the new name for the new high school. It is to be GRAINGER HIGH SCHOOL and the mascot will be the GRIZZLIES. Colors are to be Navy and White with Burnt Orange trim. I know new schools usually get new names etc... but I think a lot of us are wondering why they had to give up RUTLEDGE PIONEERS. Washburn is keeping their school open with the same mascot and colors. Why does ONE have to change? I like the name Graninger Grizzlies, but I just wonder what you all think.

My understanding is that Tuesday night the School Board passed the new name for the new high school. It is to be GRAINGER HIGH SCHOOL and the mascot will be the GRIZZLIES. Colors are to be Navy and White with Burnt Orange trim. I know new schools usually get new names etc... but I think a lot of us are wondering why they had to give up RUTLEDGE PIONEERS. Washburn is keeping their school open with the same mascot and colors. Why does ONE have to change? I like the name Graninger Grizzlies, but I just wonder what you all think.

I agree, they should leave it Pioneers and blue and white. With the new colors we'll look like Gators not Grizzlies. Ha Ha!!!

On a different note, can anyone tell me why Rutledge does not report it's basketball stats to PREP XTRA like the football team did? I think we have alot of boys and girls who deserve the recognition.

I agree, they should leave it Pioneers and blue and white. With the new colors we'll look like Gators not Grizzlies. Ha Ha!!!

On a different note, can anyone tell me why Rutledge does not report it's basketball stats to PREP XTRA like the football team did? I think we have alot of boys and girls who deserve the recognition.

I think the coaches or the AD have to send the stats in to Prep Xtra. Does anybody know who sends in those things? I think we should send them in for basketball like we do all the other sports.

How did Rutledge only beat Union by 3?

Union hit everything early and jumped out 11-2. Rutledge switched back and forth with defenses early, but never seemed to get into a rhythm. They did not shoot the ball well early in the game. Hats off to the Lady Patriots for playing probably one of their best games of the year. Rutledge has had a few games like this, where they looked uninspired. Perhaps a big win Tuesday at Gap caused them to over look a fired up Union County team. Roach shot the ball well and Crews and Brabson both had good stretches in the game for the Lady Pioneers.

Union hit everything early and jumped out 11-2. Rutledge switched back and forth with defenses early, but never seemed to get into a rhythm. They did not shoot the ball well early in the game. Hats off to the Lady Patriots for playing probably one of their best games of the year. Rutledge has had a few games like this, where they looked uninspired. Perhaps a big win Tuesday at Gap caused them to over look a fired up Union County team. Roach shot the ball well and Crews and Brabson both had good stretches in the game for the Lady Pioneers.

GC Grizzlies i agree hats off to Union county. Roach was definetly on Friday night and brabson and crews did have some good shots but my concern is the lady pioneers were not playing like a team at all...not sure what's going on behind the scene but Coach R needs to find out and fix the problem or these girls want even have a shot at districts or regions which ever they call it now. I heard the student section talking about a bet made between a pioneer and lady pioneer about scoring the most points. They need to worry about winning the game instead of betting on who can dump in the most points if you're playing like a team the points will come....i saw brabson take shots and miss them when cruze and stratton and acuff anf waldrop was open....come on girls stop the foolish and lock down and play team ball and lets bring home a title for RHS....you can do it.

I think the coaches or the AD have to send the stats in to Prep Xtra. Does anybody know who sends in those things? I think we should send them in for basketball like we do all the other sports.

Maybe whoever sends in the other sports doesn't think basketball is important enough to send those stats in. Does anyone know who sends in the stats to caoch t because they seem to be way off in the total score column for each girl. I believe the stats for the girls who don't play much may be correct, but for the ones who do play significant minutes their point totals seem to be alot lower than they should be. I thought they were off so I added up the total points scored from each game and then added up the totals it has for the girls and it was way off. So somebody isn't keeping it updated right.

GC Grizzlies i agree hats off to Union county. Roach was definetly on Friday night and brabson and crews did have some good shots but my concern is the lady pioneers were not playing like a team at all...not sure what's going on behind the scene but Coach R needs to find out and fix the problem or these girls want even have a shot at districts or regions which ever they call it now. I heard the student section talking about a bet made between a pioneer and lady pioneer about scoring the most points. They need to worry about winning the game instead of betting on who can dump in the most points if you're playing like a team the points will come....i saw brabson take shots and miss them when cruze and stratton and acuff anf waldrop was open....come on girls stop the foolish and lock down and play team ball and lets bring home a title for RHS....you can do it.

I agree with ya'll also Union County came to play, and Roach was definately on Friday night. Brabson and Crews did have their moments and maybe some of the others might have had their moments to if they had been given a chance by some of the other girls passing it around instead of trying to do it on their own. the last time I checked there is no I in team. I'm like you I dont know what's going on behind the scenes bit IT does need to be taken care of by the Coaching staff. I also heard about the bet that had been made for that game but this is not the first game a bet has been made in, there was a bet made Tuesday night between the same two players that you mentioned at the Cumberland Gap game. I think Coach Raoch and Coach Combs needs to take care of this issue and tell their players to stop with this bet making because it's going to end up costing both teams the ball games like it almost did Friday night against Union County. I think its ridiculous they're making bets to begin with. This is the first game I've either heard about or seen all season that they really didn't play like a team, and some of the girls visibly showed how upset they were. But from watching the game I would bet the girls were upset that they were playing on a one woman team. Brabson usally takes alot of shots and most of time she hits them, but when your obviously not hitting them then you need to look for the open players. I know on more than one occasion she would take a crazy shot and miss it with Stratton, Crews, Acuff, or Waldroup wide open waiting for the chance to shoot the ball. But I guess as long as this bet continues to go on it will continue to be a one woman team game instead of a TEAM game. Maybe the score would have been way different if they would step up and play like a team. Like I said earlier, THERE IS NO I IN TEAM!!! Stop the foolishness girls and lets win the rest of these games as a team. GO LADY PIONEERS BEAT G-P!

Anybody got any takes on the G.P game? Didn't get to see it and was wondering how the teams faired.

Maybe whoever sends in the other sports doesn't think basketball is important enough to send those stats in. Does anyone know who sends in the stats to caoch t because they seem to be way off in the total score column for each girl. I believe the stats for the girls who don't play much may be correct, but for the ones who do play significant minutes their point totals seem to be alot lower than they should be. I thought they were off so I added up the total points scored from each game and then added up the totals it has for the girls and it was way off. So somebody isn't keeping it updated right.

well they have updated coacht Stats but according to the total points of the games and the total points of the girls it's still off over 300 and the boys don't have individual totals so who knows if they're correct. We need to take Math 101 again. No wonder colleges don't look at Rutledge when it appears we can't even do Math correctly. Well let me restat that comment maybe Wally High will recruit our boys and girls!!!!!!!