West Greene High School

gonehome

Obviously you dont know what it takes to have a successful program...Its the things you do Nov - July that determine what kind of football team a school will have...and I think that has probably been the problem at WG...its what they do...or should I say its the things they dont do during that time period that has led to their demise as a football program.

Who's to blame for the football program going down hill?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's to blame for the football program going down hill?

why are you so concerned who's at fault. you need to place your energy at helping turn the program around. it seems as though this thread has cooled off over the last 4 or 5 days. the program is where it is and only a combined effort of parents, community, school, students, and administration can turn things around. so how is the search going and who is the front runners.

Honestly...its probably a combined effort of coaching, lack of athletes and lack of support from the county...and by lack of support by count I mean their neglect for the football programs by not providing them with the coaches the kids and head coach deserve.

I heard from a good source that Mark Greenlee will be the next football coach.

I heard from a good source that Mark Greenlee will be the next football coach.

Mark is a Super guy..... but the program is going to stay in the same state its in if he does become the next HC....I think he will do everything he knows to do and will work his tail off.... but its gonna take alot more than that to turn their program around....WG needs to bring in a FOOTBALL COACH...and someone thats not from the area....but thats just my opinion....Or it could be that hes getting the job by default....

Mark is a Super guy..... but the program is going to stay in the same state its in if he does become the next HC....I think he will do everything he knows to do and will work his tail off.... but its gonna take alot more than that to turn their program around....WG needs to bring in a FOOTBALL COACH...and someone thats not from the area....but thats just my opinion....Or it could be that hes getting the job by default....

I agree, Greenlee is a great guy but they need someone that nobody knows that way he wont have any friends as parents, so he won't have to play buddy buddy with anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, Greenlee is a great guy but they need someone that nobody knows that way he wont have any friends as parents, so he won't have to play buddy buddy with anyone.

If Greenlee gets the job he will do his best to turn the program around. And for a fact Greenlee will not play buddy buddy with any parents, he plays the best players that he needs to play.

Do you guys have a interim coach or anybody doing anything with the kids right now? If not I hope you have some good senior leaders who have some of them lifting and running. What about spring Practice? If you don't have a coach by spring practice that prooves without a doubt that your administration doesn't give a hoot about the program.