Science Hill Coach?

HighSchoolFanatic

I don't agree that the rest of the state didn't or doesn't respect "us up here"....I think there is a lot of respect across the state and just because there were no state titles to show doesn't mean this area hasn't been represented well over the years...including Science Hill in the mid 90's (2 qtr final appearances).

I do agree that it would be a great hire and a boost for the area.

You may be right. Other parts of the state might respect "us up here", but in reading posts on CoachT for the last few years, I never see anyone predicting a team from this area to win the state. Heck, I don't even see anyone from this area predicting it either. Maybe one or two over confident D-B fans from time to time. Really, getting to the quarters isn't a huge deal. If you win your conference, all you have to do is beat the 4th best team from region 2 then the 2nd best in round 2. South did it in '05. Tn High has done it. Betsy has done it. D-B has done it. SH has done it. I think even North did it in 3A. I'm sure Hampton, Cloudland and Happy Valley have done it. It's not that hard. To get true respect, someone is going to have to win it all. Just my opinion.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I feel really good about the candidates,” said Turner. “We got almost 60 applications, and we’re still getting them in even though we closed the application process a few weeks ago.

This article below was in the JC Press today. Hmm . . . The backgrounds of Chris Jones from Montreal Alouettes' and Scott Smith from Independence aren’t too shabby!

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Detail.php...TS&ID=58493

To me this is kind of a funny article. If one isn't interested in a job or whatever, common courtesy is to say, no thank you, I'm not interested. Rankin IS interested or why would he be wasting his time and Science Hill's with an interview?

Rankin seems to be indecisive, I want someone that really wants to be at Science Hill. I don't really care if he comes to JC or not. Looks to me like he is playing games. Kinda like Saban going to Alabama, I guess. But, I'm not sure where Rankin's heart is. If his heart is in Alcoa, by all means, stay in Alcoa!

Takes bulldozer to move Rankin

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/prep_football/...5257933,00.html

Edited by PowrPlus

From An East Tn fan that lives in Nashville; Rankin throws his resume out after almost every season. How do you think he keeps getting raises? Rankin will put his name in for a job just to get his own school to boost his salary.. If you don't believe me, do the research. In the past 7 or 8 years he was SUPPOSED to be a lock at 30 other schools. Check out how many times he did it to Riverdale. I think he is a great coach, but given his past patterns, don't put too much into him putting his name in for the Science Hill job. I will give him props for knowing how to be a business minded football coach.

I would be willing to wager a small (very small) amount that Rankin does NOT leave Alcoa for Science Hill. You say he puts out his resume every year. That may or may not be true - what is prolly true is that schools contact him just like they do GQ to see if he/they have an interest in changing job sites. Sometimes they have an interest sometimes they don't. Just because you look at a job doesn't necessarily mean you are interested in that job. Very similar to a coach saying, "I'm not going to be the U of Ala football coach then two weeks later getting a guaranteed contract of $32 million for 8 years.