Will Greeneville Coast to the State?

IMACJack

I stay on PT because he accuses officials of deliberate bias not because he makes excuses. I cannot argue that Omar had the better game but after watching both in the Arby's Classic, I am not quite ready to say Omar is the better player.

Wattad is the better player... AT THIS TIME.... Wiggins has a huge upside potential but he has not tapped into that as a legitimate Wing/Forward at the High major level. He is not quick enough to guard smaller players... and he is not strong enough to muscle the big men... he's what scouts call a "tweener"...

With Wattad you know what you get...

he isn't going to provide the length that Wiggins does, but you know who he can and can't guard...

too many questions with Wiggins, wattad is the more ready player AT THIS TIME...

that doesn't mean i think Omar will have a better college career... antwaine's potential is FAR GREATER than Omar's, but he hasn't tapped into it to the extent that Omar has tapped into his.... understand my point?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wattad is the better player... AT THIS TIME.... Wiggins has a huge upside potential but he has not tapped into that as a legitimate Wing/Forward at the High major level. He is not quick enough to guard smaller players... and he is not strong enough to muscle the big men... he's what scouts call a "tweener"...

With Wattad you know what you get...

he isn't going to provide the length that Wiggins does, but you know who he can and can't guard...

too many questions with Wiggins, wattad is the more ready player AT THIS TIME...

that doesn't mean i think Omar will have a better college career... antwaine's potential is FAR GREATER than Omar's, but he hasn't tapped into it to the extent that Omar has tapped into his.... understand my point?

I haven't said I think either player is better and really can't because I haven't had the opportunity to watch Omar all that much... unlike all those people who would judge Wiggins ability based on 1 poor performance.

Barb, just give Omar credit! He played a good game and leave it at that. Seems to me, you stay on PTS over on the girls board for making excuses about how many bad calls they get each night. Just give credit where credit is due and wait until they meet again and then get on your "soap box". Until then, Omar had the better game and SH won.

I don't believe that any greeneville fans have taken away from what Omar did that night. We all agree that Omar had an excellent game. I have watched him since then and he was not as dominant in the games after the greeneville game. You have to consider everything that was going on up to that game. Greeneville was the number one team in the state. Science Hill wanted to be a spoiler and they did. It didn't help that Wiggins and Gash were sick, but we know that is not an excuse. On that night Science Hill was the better team. I do believe the game will be a lot different if they do meet again. However I don't see them meeting again. I do believe that D.B. will nock them out in the District.

Greeneville will be ready when they travel to the tri-cities for the regional tournament. I think that everyone is downplaying the success that Greeneville has had this year, but that is the way it always goes. "It ain't easy being GREENE!"

I don't believe that any greeneville fans have taken away from what Omar did that night. We all agree that Omar had an excellent game. I have watched him since then and he was not as dominant in the games after the greeneville game. You have to consider everything that was going on up to that game. Greeneville was the number one team in the state. Science Hill wanted to be a spoiler and they did. It didn't help that Wiggins and Gash were sick, but we know that is not an excuse. On that night Science Hill was the better team. I do believe the game will be a lot different if they do meet again. However I don't see them meeting again. I do believe that D.B. will nock them out in the District.

Greeneville will be ready when they travel to the tri-cities for the regional tournament. I think that everyone is downplaying the success that Greeneville has had this year, but that is the way it always goes. "It ain't easy being GREENE!"

u have to agree bout 1 thing who ever plays greeneville in the regional tourney will be a good game...i cant miss it...

I stay on PT because he accuses officials of deliberate bias not because he makes excuses. I cannot argue that Omar had the better game but after watching both in the Arby's Classic, I am not quite ready to say Omar is the better player.

barb, you'll have to forgive my broadcast partner dickie v he hallucinates sometimes. i for one appreciate the fact that i'm not the only one who thinks pts whines and makes accusations about the "referee conspiracies" all the time. wiggins vs. wattad episode #2 in the region chamionship will be a game to watch.

barb, you'll have to forgive my broadcast partner dickie v he hallucinates sometimes. i for one appreciate the fact that i'm not the only one who thinks pts whines and makes accusations about the "referee conspiracies" all the time. wiggins vs. wattad episode #2 in the region chamionship will be a game to watch.

I don't think I would pencil in those 2 teams in the championship game just yet...While Greeneville should probably win their district tourney, Science Hill will need to win the district touney (DB, Tenn High and others may have something to say about that) and even if they do, Greeneville would need to probably beat DB in the regionals to get to the championship game (that is certainly not a given)...last year they met, but in the semi's...and, of course, most years there is an opening round upset in the districts as Science Hill found out a couple of years ago. That is why they play the games.

I wasn't trying to get you say that Omar was the better player. I haven't seen him play in yrs. Just wanted you to admit he had the better game against G'ville.

I don't think I would pencil in those 2 teams in the championship game just yet...While Greeneville should probably win their district tourney, Science Hill will need to win the district touney (DB, Tenn High and others may have something to say about that) and even if they do, Greeneville would need to probably beat DB in the regionals to get to the championship game (that is certainly not a given)...last year they met, but in the semi's...and, of course, most years there is an opening round upset in the districts as Science Hill found out a couple of years ago. That is why they play the games.

Greeneville get to the championship game...? I agree they should probably conentrate on winning their district tourney first. Everyone has a chanceto play for the state championship...but let's be reasonable. RE is #1 in state and ranked 20th in nation by USA Today. They have nationally ranked players as well. That being said "coasting" to state is not being challenged to play at the highest level.

Greeneville get to the championship game...? I agree they should probably conentrate on winning their district tourney first. Everyone has a chanceto play for the state championship...but let's be reasonable. RE is #1 in state and ranked 20th in nation by USA Today. They have nationally ranked players as well. That being said "coasting" to state is not being challenged to play at the highest level.

You do realize the post you replyed to refers to the regional championship...not the state. I think RE has to concentrate on the same thing Greeneville does right now and not cleaning out their spot in the trophy case. Maybe you should read the last few posts in the thread before you decide to insert your arrogant attempt at diplomacy.

You do realize the post you replyed to refers to the regional championship...not the state. I think RE has to concentrate on the same thing Greeneville does right now and not cleaning out their spot in the trophy case. Maybe you should read the last few posts in the thread before you decide to insert your arrogant attempt at diplomacy.

Excuse me if I offended you, Barb. It certainly wasn't my intention. I know the coach of RE very well and know he doesn't take any game for granted. For him, it is one game at a time. Very few RE fans post to this site. Very rarely do I. The original topic was about coasting to state. The last several pages of this thread seemed to be more about individual players than about the teams as a whole.

In my feeble attempt to get back to the subject of the thread, I apprently offended you. Please forgive....

Again, that being said, COASTING to state is not being challenged to play at the highest level.

Edited by RCCOLA

How come Ridgeway isn't ranked? They seem to be the only team from this state to challenge RE so far this year.