Jefferson County Position by Position

PatriotMan

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

puts JCHS in quite a bind, I'd imagine.

Spring practice about 6 weeks away at most places.

All the possible good candidates already have jobs elsewhere.

How does the situations Euverard was confronted with there hurt the search for a new coach? Coaches talk.

With this coming so late, the answer may have to be to name an interim HC from the current staff for this season, then open job up at the end of next year. AT this point there is a VERY little chance of hiring a HC from another school. JCHS should still go hard after some people in the few weeks we have though. Anyone know if there is any talk of pushing Spring practice back to last possible time? In truth shouldn`t we have till the dead period to have spring practice?

Edited by JC4life

With this coming so late, the answer may have to be to name an interim HC from the current staff for this season, then open job up at the end of next year. AT this point there is a VERY little chance of hiring a HC from another school. JCHS should still go hard after some people in the few weeks we have though. Anyone know if there is any talk of pushing Spring practice back to last possible time? In truth shouldn`t we have till the dead period to have spring practice?

That was the thought I had. I see very little choices other than a local assistant or promoting someone from within. A stop-gap hire if you will.

But, with the local assistant, do you really want to give it to someone and then have better candidates (at least in name) come available next year? Which is why I think that the interim could be a good option. Tough situation for Kisabeth and the JCHS administration to be in.

As for spring practice...you have 15 school/week days to get in 10 practice sessions/scrimmages. I would doubt there'd be a problem having spring practice in June....but, that could cause logistical problems (vacations, travel baseball, etc.)

Schneitman said he will meet with staff after spring break and make sure all the issues of spring practice and other operational aspects off the team will be covered. He said the current coaches will continue to teach the fourth period football class.

Oh, he also said that he, along with Coach Kisabeth, will be in charge of the hiring of a new coach. No committee or anything like that.

Edited by DZbettin

Schneitman said he will meet with staff after spring break and make sure all the issues of spring practice and other operational aspects off the team will be covered. He said the current coaches will continue to teach the fourth period football class.

Oh, he also said that he, along with Coach Kisabeth, will be in charge of the hiring of a new coach. No committee or anything like that.

Didn`t Schneitman and Coach K hangle the last two hirings? Maybe we should have a committee.

BTW, if Gut is promoted, won`t we have to stop calling him Gut? Although is does have a better ring than Coach Anderson, lol

[

For what its worth, I am in favor of a search committee being created. Maybe some other opinions and some outside influence would do the program well. I noticed that Greeneville put Tusculm's HC along with 2 local business men on their committee.