The Heat Is On!

compusatman

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(compusatman @ Apr 4 2007 - 09:26 PM) 826430187[/snapback]Bud nothing new on the Pinkstons. Anything change at the Tribe camp? If South can't play DB in regular season at least we could scrimmage. What say you. Would also like to know who SHHS is scrimmaging this spring. And Bristol also. Anyone know when they go to pads? May 1st? Will Ring be the starting QB? What is the consensus on Jamie Crawford?

Science Hill starts spring practice May 5th. Scrimmage schedule below.

May 11th - Sullivan Central @ Science Hill 5:00 PM

May 18th - Science Hill vs. South Doyle @ Carson-Newman 5:00 PM

QUOTE(compusatman @ Apr 4 2007 - 10:24 PM) 826430255[/snapback]Curt will kill me for this. Ah, maybe not. Today, Solomon beat him in the 100 meters by 1". That's one inch. OK, so Duannah is not supposed to be fast...neither is Curt. Or so you all thought. Anyway, check this out:Elite 11. Would like to see some info on other local players if anyone has it.

I didn't see the race so I can't comment on it too much but the Times-News had Duannah first and Phillips third so who was in between that inch? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

QUOTE(skunk @ Apr 5 2007 - 04:28 PM) 826430835[/snapback]If that is what the Times-News had, they were wrong...check out the story on TriCitiesSports.com

Roll Tribe Roll

Who's to say that is right? Were you there to see it? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

TopVol...if it's a rumor I'll proclaim is as such. But if I make a statement then that means I personally experienced the moment. If it were something I wasn't sure about then I would have said so. I think you would agree that the newspapers are not always spot-on. Solomon is a very good RB. He is a power back and he's not slow. 11.17 is very fast, especially for somemone his size and from watching him on grass he doesn't look to be quick. He doesn't look to have a superior first step which means he is a 2nd gear RB. Second gear Backs are dangerous because just when you think you have them they hit the afterburner. I wasn't trying to diss Duannah, instead I was surprised that Curt was that close. Curt doesn't look fast on grass either and now we see that he is. Yes, we all know he can run the ball but I didn't realize he had that kind of speed. His younger brother is probably even faster. If I'm not mistaken (note the lack of proclamation), I think Fuqua was a distant 3rd. And yes, it will be a great race to watch when they meet again. I'll try to include documentation next time.

TopVol,

Yes, I was there...Solomon ran 11:17 and Curt ran 11:20...Solomon got him with the lean, as previously stated.

Probably a typo in the Times-News...

Fuqua did not run in the 100M...Derick Carr of Elizabethton was third at 11:53 and Lane Dukart of D-B was 4th with 11:56.

Roll Tribe Roll

QUOTE(compusatman @ Apr 5 2007 - 08:33 PM) 826430958[/snapback]TopVol...if it's a rumor I'll proclaim is as such. But if I make a statement then that means I personally experienced the moment. If it were something I wasn't sure about then I would have said so. I think you would agree that the newspapers are not always spot-on. Solomon is a very good RB. He is a power back and he's not slow. 11.17 is very fast, especially for somemone his size and from watching him on grass he doesn't look to be quick. He doesn't look to have a superior first step which means he is a 2nd gear RB. Second gear Backs are dangerous because just when you think you have them they hit the afterburner. I wasn't trying to diss Duannah, instead I was surprised that Curt was that close. Curt doesn't look fast on grass either and now we see that he is. Yes, we all know he can run the ball but I didn't realize he had that kind of speed. His younger brother is probably even faster. If I'm not mistaken (note the lack of proclamation), I think Fuqua was a distant 3rd. And yes, it will be a great race to watch when they meet again. I'll try to include documentation next time.

Didn't mean to come across as questioning your post at all....I was diggin at skunk and tricitiessports.com, that's why I quoted him/her if they were in atttendance.....just saw the disparity between the two media outlets and was trying to find which one was correct.....

QUOTE(topvol98 @ Apr 6 2007 - 05:02 AM) 826431188[/snapback]Didn't mean to come across as questioning your post at all....I was diggin at skunk and tricitiessports.com, that's why I quoted him/her if they were in atttendance.....just saw the disparity between the two media outlets and was trying to find which one was correct.....

In the future when theres a disparity between the Times News and Tri-CitiesSports.com. just remember that Tri-CitiesSports.com will be the correct source.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Apr 6 2007 - 08:44 AM) 826431208[/snapback]In the future when theres a disparity between the Times News and Tri-CitiesSports.com. just remember that Tri-CitiesSports.com will be the correct source.

They've been very wrong before so I'll go with the eyewitness.