The Heat Is On!

compusatman

Recent imbalance of wins/losses in the series. While '05 should have been a South win and '02 was very competitive, most of the past 10 years were D-B blowouts. So they were blowouts. So are THS and EHS. Oh, but who brought the largest gate?!

Desire by D-B to upgrade their out of conference schedule. Beating Eliz, SS and THS by big scores every year did not appear to help D-B with their playoff problems. This was a particularly touchy subject in the Model City last November; just ask anyone who was at lunch at Ming Garden on that infamous Sunday late last year. Suffice it to say, Graham Clark had significant pressure after last year's playoff debacle to upgrade his schedule. Upgrade their schedule?! Oh, OK...let's cancel South in Curt Phillips Senior year 'cause they can't compete. But EHS and THS can right?!

Yeah...what were they thinking canceling the Curt show?! Wow...how will DB ever draw fans out to the stadium after Phillips graduates? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> With all due respect, DB has not had any problems putting butts in seats...no gate problems. Honestly, this game was bigger on Moreland Dr than Legion Dr. Don't get me wrong, when they do play South, I want DB to win everytime but dropping this game hasn't shaken the Kingsport community like it apparenlty has in Col Hgts...or at least comp's house

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D-B did not cancel the game...D-B did not want to cancel the game...Coach Carter did not want to cancel the game...that is what I know, but then I am not one of the coaches...nor have I played one on television...gosh, I feel so used...ha,ha...

Roll Tribe Roll

You know, when you play the traditionally top three teams in 4A in the same geographic district and the traditional 5A champion from the next region, you shouldn't be needing to look to "upgrade" your schedule. D-B lost the playoff game, it didn't have anything to do with any other game during the season, it had to do with the happenings within the game against Wm Blount, period. Did South lose their playoff game because they lost to D-B or because they beat Tennessee High?...of course not; they lost because of the happenings within the playoff game.

Come on guys (and gals) unless there are key people missing from one week to the next, thus potentially changing the scheme and/or the potential for close to proper execution, the game itself is the reason for the outcome...

Roll Tribe Roll

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Apr 30 2007 - 04:49 PM) 826448514[/snapback]The reason DB droped South is because they are a bunch of rednecks who cant play sports. They usually do have a pretty good girls vollyball team though. That gives them something to do when they go to Myrtle Beach.

Whack! Where you been? I missed you! I see you got the VooDoo Doll cranked up...OUCH! I tell ya man...we lost the DB game but at least we didn't lose you! Don't know what I'd do. We were worried. Thought maybe you went on a three hour tour or something. MoRonandGrey must have summoned you to help put that Rebel resurgance back in perspective. Got to keep them Reb's under the thumb soes they don't start wavin' them flags agin'! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(skunk @ Apr 30 2007 - 05:59 PM) 826448541[/snapback]D-B did not cancel the game...D-B did not want to cancel the game...Coach Carter did not want to cancel the game...that is what I know, but then I am not one of the coaches...nor have I played one on television...gosh, I feel so used...ha,ha...

Roll Tribe Roll

Did I see a Red Light on at your place last night? You moonlighter you. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(skunk @ Apr 30 2007 - 06:09 PM) 826448543[/snapback]You know, when you play the traditionally top three teams in 4A in the same geographic district and the tradional 5A champion from the next region, you shouldn't be needing to look to "upgrade" your schedule. D-B lost the playoff game, it didn't have anything to do with any other game during the season, it had to do with the happenings within the game against Wm Blount, period. Did South lose their playoff game because they lost to D-B or because they beat Tennessee High?...of course not; they lost because of the happenings within the playoff game.

Come on guys (and gals) unless there are key people missing from one week to the next, thus potentially changing the scheme and/or the potential for close to proper execution, the game itself is the reason for the outcome...

Roll Tribe Roll

And AMEN.

QUOTE(skunk @ Apr 30 2007 - 05:59 PM) 826448541[/snapback]D-B did not cancel the game...D-B did not want to cancel the game...Coach Carter did not want to cancel the game...that is what I know, but then I am not one of the coaches...nor have I played one on television...gosh, I feel so used...ha,ha...

Roll Tribe Roll

So let's get a petition started to get the game back on schedule...this year! Hey...there's power in numbers! What a maneuver that would be. If only dreams came true.

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Apr 30 2007 - 05:15 PM) 826448522[/snapback]Recent imbalance of wins/losses in the series. While '05 should have been a South win and '02 was very competitive, most of the past 10 years were D-B blowouts. So they were blowouts. So are THS and EHS. Oh, but who brought the largest gate?!

Desire by D-B to upgrade their out of conference schedule. Beating Eliz, SS and THS by big scores every year did not appear to help D-B with their playoff problems. This was a particularly touchy subject in the Model City last November; just ask anyone who was at lunch at Ming Garden on that infamous Sunday late last year. Suffice it to say, Graham Clark had significant pressure after last year's playoff debacle to upgrade his schedule. Upgrade their schedule?! Oh, OK...let's cancel South in Curt Phillips Senior year 'cause they can't compete. But EHS and THS can right?!

Yeah...what were they thinking canceling the Curt show?! Wow...how will DB ever draw fans out to the stadium after Phillips graduates? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> With all due respect, DB has not had any problems putting butts in seats...no gate problems. Honestly, this game was bigger on Moreland Dr than Legion Dr. Don't get me wrong, when they do play South, I want DB to win everytime but dropping this game hasn't shaken the Kingsport community like it apparenlty has in Col Hgts...or at least comp's house

You know you want to play us. It's the only excitement you had outside of losing to WB...and maybe the first quarter at the 'Castle. You want it. You want it as bad as we do. You think you can beat us again. You want to beat Curt again. But you know what...you ain't got the stones this year. So go ahead and act like you always do...like you don't need no body. Like you rule or whatever. So yeah, the 'Comp House is shakin'...but come fall it will be rockin' and you will be wishing you were having us over. But instead you will be sitting in our stands watching us. 'Cause you're gonna want to see.

QUOTE(lordofthescreens @ Apr 30 2007 - 02:25 PM) 826448424[/snapback]Comp, did not mean to imply anything too negative. Was just trying to goad you and Skunk a little into sharing more about the DB-SS series ending.

You have done a great job with this thread keeping interest in NET HS Football alive during the off season.

Now, hopefully, the interest with be self sustaining with the start of spring practice.

You must be a stock broker...or Dan Kablowi. Just don't overestimate your BS ability or relative smoothness. Otherwise, thanks for the Kudos. It will be a good spring.

QUOTE(compusatman @ Apr 30 2007 - 10:36 PM) 826448738[/snapback]You know you want to play us. It's the only excitement you had outside of losing to WB...and maybe the first quarter at the 'Castle. You want it. You want it as bad as we do. You think you can beat us again. You want to beat Curt again. But you know what...you ain't got the stones this year. So go ahead and act like you always do...like you don't need no body. Like you rule or whatever. So yeah, the 'Comp House is shakin'...but come fall it will be rockin' and you will be wishing you were having us over. But instead you will be sitting in our stands watching us. 'Cause you're gonna want to see.

Beat Curt? Wow, it IS a one man show on Moreland. Come on, I've been to a few Shows in Death Valley and other than DB the place aint half full on the home side....so I'd say you need DB for gate draw more than vice versa. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

By the way...Burton-227 yards, 2 TDs, 2 wins; The Show-76 yards, 0 TDs, 4 fumbles, 0 wins (heck Justin Sylvester has more TD passes!). 40 times don't mean much during game situations /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> No my friend....YOU think the Rebels can beat DB (just like last year)....we know /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

See ya at McDs

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ May 1 2007 - 10:04 AM) 826448972[/snapback]Beat Curt? Wow, it IS a one man show on Moreland. Come on, I've been to a few Shows in Death Valley and other than DB the place aint half full on the home side....so I'd say you need DB for gate draw more than vice versa. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

By the way...Burton-227 yards, 2 TDs, 2 wins; The Show-76 yards, 0 TDs, 4 fumbles, 0 wins (heck Justin Sylvester has more TD passes!). 40 times don't mean much during game situations /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> No my friend....YOU think the Rebels can beat DB (just like last year)....we know /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

See ya at McDs

Nice post, but I'm not sure it's worth your time or mine to be on here. DB has not lost to South in my son's lifetime but yet South fans still like to talk and say things like DB is scared, this is South's year, and all those things. Fact of the matter is, South is not in DB's league and may not be for a loooong time!

Neyland stadium it aint but it by far is not the worst venue in ETenn...have you been to a game in Memorial Stadium in JC. And you gotta consider JFred is over 70 years old while North and South have facilities in the 20 year old range. And there is no match for the important part of the stadium...the field, the DB groundskeeper is 2nd to none and the field is always in top shape.

You're wrong about the field. Not a personal attack...just the truth. The DB grass is good for a high school field in NET. I imagine a good deal of money and hard work is thrown into it year round, but, there are several fields that are good as well. BUT, the Indian grass does not come anywhere near the grass at Happy Valley High School. Gotta go to Tusculum College to find better in NET.

Bob Segar, & M&G, you are correct. I will rant and rave forever...(cause I never give up)...(even when I should)...(sepecially when I should) but, we are not in your league. Yes, I said it. We have a few athletes that are in your league and better...aside from Curt. However, I do know it takes a whole team. Jealous? Of course! Envious? No. That's why I can come back on here and say these words. Three years ago I said to Stacy, "We have a state championship team coming up". And he said, "Not so quick. It takes time to build these things. It takes time to train them to be men...then we can begin to march forward." How true that is. I'm just impatient. But he is right. And you are right. With the right guidance we will get there. I'm just really upset about the change in schedule. So don't misunderstand me...I will be in your stands cheering you on for the playoffs if at all possible. I'm sure you will do the same for us. We have a potentially great year ahead. I will be content to achieve the best we are capable of. I realize you were not the driving force in removing SSHS from the schedule. So I don't expect you to allow me to pop off without recourse...I would react the same as evidence shows. The betterment of NET is what this thread is about so don't allow me or anyone else to sway from that directive. And I know you won't. So here's to the quest for a Golden Ball in NET.