Obion Central

pride&tradition

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Jan 20 2007 - 12:14 AM) 826338736[/snapback]

CORY GIBSON!!!!!! A 3 as time expires!!! Awesome atmosphere.....I loved it!!

That was cool, and I noticed Cory came over to the train after the game and was whoopin it up, that was great. This was a much need win for OC, as they have struggled as of late. UC comes in tonight, and this will be tough. Here's looking for another solid effort like last night. Congrats to the Rebs on the district win last night.

GO REBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Themightymac @ Jan 19 2007 - 10:44 PM) 826338520[/snapback]

What's the word on the street? Are they actually going to keep Kail another year? I hate to see coaches come and go.

If I read you correctly, I don't think you are promoting changing coaches. Coach Kail needs time and the public needs to show patience. Last year shows he is a good coach. He is adjusting to a new chapter as well.

It is going to possibly take a few years for the program to turn around. The program did not go downhill overnight. Central fans and all those related need to be supportive of lthe players and coach as well. It is obvious fromm the win over Milan that the players are not giving up. They need many confidence boosters. Last night was only one of them.

QUOTE(GHvolrebel @ Jan 20 2007 - 08:00 AM) 826338824[/snapback]

If I read you correctly, I don't think you are promoting changing coaches. Coach Kail needs time and the public needs to show patience. Last year shows he is a good coach. He is adjusting to a new chapter as well.

It is going to possibly take a few years for the program to turn around. The program did not go downhill overnight. Central fans and all those related need to be supportive of lthe players and coach as well. It is obvious fromm the win over Milan that the players are not giving up. They need many confidence boosters. Last night was only one of them.

Trust me, we here in Rebel Country ARE supporting Coach Kail and the Rebs. It will take some time, and yes this club has had it's ups and downs this season, just give it time. You are right last night was a boost, but now tonight the Rebs have a tough date with a Very good Union City team. Just give it some time.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Central on last night's win! Games like that are what makes playing worth all the hard work.. I'm sure that Gibson will remember that shot for awhile! We lost to Bradford by a buzzer beating 3 Tues. night in OT, wish we could've taken the other end of the deal as OC did last night!! Keep working hard boys. We at SF know how long it takes to build up a program that has been down for a long time (our boys went 0-23 last year).. It takes a lot of hard work and time.. Give it some and build up a program like the girls team from OC.. Teach the younger players that hard work and practice beats athleticism anyday and breed into them to never give up.. Y'all will be fine!!

Good post DevilSpirit I see things looking up not only for OC but for the folks in Big Red Country at SF.. A good Jr.High squad coming up over there and hopefully the guys will continue to work hard and be competitive in a tough 14A boys district. Hillcrest jr. high plays SF for the county championship on Monday night. It'll be interesting to see what the two high school will have coming up in the next few years

QUOTE(redbirdfan @ Jan 20 2007 - 10:57 AM) 826338968[/snapback]

Good post DevilSpirit I see things looking up not only for OC but for the folks in Big Red Country at SF.. A good Jr.High squad coming up over there and hopefully the guys will continue to work hard and be competitive in a tough 14A boys district. Hillcrest jr. high plays SF for the county championship on Monday night. It'll be interesting to see what the two high school will have coming up in the next few years

Thanks! Hopefully they will take the new players and teach them so that they can both grow to be good programs. The game monday night should be interesting!! We're hoping to bring a huge pep group to the game to support our "little devils'!! Both teams have some good players that will contribute next year!!

QUOTE(DevilSpirit @ Jan 20 2007 - 01:12 PM) 826338980[/snapback]

Thanks! Hopefully they will take the new players and teach them so that they can both grow to be good programs. The game monday night should be interesting!! We're hoping to bring a huge pep group to the game to support our "little devils'!! Both teams have some good players that will contribute next year!!

Will the Wade kid be able to join the varsity after the junior high season is over??..He could play for them now.....

wow...that's all i can say about the UC-OC game tonight!!! I never could have seen the Rebels having a chance at the end like they did. For them to only lose to a team the caliber of Union City was very impressive. It was a great game from the tip, I really thought that these Rebels were gonna pull off that first win over UC in a while, but it wasn't to be. But honestly, who saw the game they saw coming?? I know I didn't. I had it pegged for a sure 30 point blowout. With that effort, only losing by 7 or so to one of the best teams in A across the state along with the buzzer beater by Gibson to give them the win Friday night, I really can see something different goin on on the court for the Rebels. Let's just hope they're actually peaking and this weekend hasn't been a fluke.

QUOTE(pride&tradition @ Jan 20 2007 - 11:06 PM) 826339564[/snapback]

wow...that's all i can say about the UC-OC game tonight!!! I never could have seen the Rebels having a chance at the end like they did. For them to only lose to a team the caliber of Union City was very impressive. It was a great game from the tip, I really thought that these Rebels were gonna pull off that first win over UC in a while, but it wasn't to be. But honestly, who saw the game they saw coming?? I know I didn't. I had it pegged for a sure 30 point blowout. With that effort, only losing by 7 or so to one of the best teams in A across the state along with the buzzer beater by Gibson to give them the win Friday night, I really can see something different goin on on the court for the Rebels. Let's just hope they're actually peaking and this weekend hasn't been a fluke.

I agree with you pride&tradition. I had this one pegged for a blowout as well. The atmosphere and enthusiasm reminded me of the old days of Rebel basketball. If they can give that kind of effort the rest of the season, they will win some games. Confidence breeds confidence.