Riverdale

uncfan09

QUOTE(tdntn @ Mar 10 2007 - 12:03 AM) 826407027[/snapback]MTSU is also in the mix...from talking to him he's thrilled to have all of these schools on the table and has talked positive about all the programs and i think his decision is up in the air. vandy has also offered verge and travis lilenthaw i believe. verge gets letters weekly and lilenthaw will have some really good options on the table also

MTSU is in the mix come on get real.When is the last time they offered a hometown boy??All 3 of those guys could go to college for free if they work hard. Any word on how strong the team is yet??

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CantStopTheChop @ Mar 9 2007 - 04:23 PM) 826406533[/snapback]I talked to many fans, and they see it as this could be the last great year Riverdale has. They better take it all the way. This town has gone 2 years to long without a championship

Well I guess we better enjoy this year and make the most of it.

Of course, we're expecting you to teach the young guys the way of the force...

QUOTE(tdntn @ Mar 10 2007 - 12:03 AM) 826407027[/snapback]MTSU is also in the mix...from talking to him he's thrilled to have all of these schools on the table and has talked positive about all the programs and i think his decision is up in the air. vandy has also offered verge and travis lilenthaw i believe. verge gets letters weekly and lilenthaw will have some really good options on the table also

Lielenthal plays the game a lot like Spurlock....both have the mentality of linebackers but play OL. I don't know if Lielenthal has the frame to get big enough to be a Division 1 linemen. However, centers are so hard to find that if he could get to 260 or so he'd probably get some nice offers. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

QUOTE(unc4life @ Mar 11 2007 - 03:21 PM) 826408176[/snapback]are your players still improving as expected? when do yall start your spring practices? your 1st scrimmage? sounds like other teams are already doing some scrimmages does that worry the warriors that they have gotten a jump start?

Riverdale has always had their spring late. There have been a few threads about whether it's better to go late or early. I like going later for a few reasons, among those are:

1. More carryover into the Fall

2. Longer conditioning period over the winter and early spring

3. The season is closer...the sense of urgency is more apparent

4. The bermuda is up and growing

5. It's hotter, and closer to the August/September game temps

6. The young guys get another month or two to grow

I'm sure the teams that go in early March can give a list of reasons why that's better. It does sound like Riverdale is going a little earlier this year.

QUOTE(TDCman @ Mar 11 2007 - 04:30 PM) 826408242[/snapback]Riverdale has always had their spring late. There have been a few threads about whether it's better to go late or early. I like going later for a few reasons, among those are:

1. More carryover into the Fall

2. Longer conditioning period over the winter and early spring

3. The season is closer...the sense of urgency is more apparent

4. The bermuda is up and growing

5. It's hotter, and closer to the August/September game temps

6. The young guys get another month or two to grow

I'm sure the teams that go in early March can give a list of reasons why that's better. It does sound like Riverdale is going a little earlier this year.

Nice Post. Whenever they go out though...expect some changes

QUOTE(CantStopTheChop @ Mar 12 2007 - 05:56 PM) 826409377[/snapback]Nice Post. Whenever they go out though...expect some changes

What type changes should we expect?

One change that seems pretty obvious is that Coach A likes his linemen to get big. Rankin/Britton always had a lot of fast, under-sized linemen. Can't wait to see what the guys look like when spring practice rolls around.

How long has Coach White been at Riverdale?

QUOTE(TDCman @ Mar 12 2007 - 09:25 PM) 826409615[/snapback]What type changes should we expect?

One change that seems pretty obvious is that Coach A likes his linemen to get big. Rankin/Britton always had a lot of fast, under-sized linemen. Can't wait to see what the guys look like when spring practice rolls around.

How long has Coach White been at Riverdale?

well he played for Riverdale way back when

QUOTE(uncfan09 @ Mar 13 2007 - 12:04 PM) 826410228[/snapback]well he played for Riverdale way back when

Well, I guess there's some history there. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

How long has he been coaching, positions, schools, etc... My real question is how qualified is he to become a DC?

Obviously he's a guy that's in some demand since FC and MC both want(ed) him and it seems like Riverdale wants to keep him as well. Why is he so good?