Official Thread: Mr. Basketball

CoachT

QUOTE(Burnt @ Feb 3 2007 - 12:09 PM) 826356918[/snapback]

Oglesby, Wiggins and Wattad all played for the same AAU team...If you saw them play then there should be no doubt who the best of the three is...It's Oglesby, and it's not even close. I haven't seen Maurice Miller play so i can't comment on him

Out of those 3 i give the edge to Oglesby on consistancy of shooting. Wiggins for potential, and Wattad on defense and versatility. Oglesby's only disadvantage is his size and lateral quickness. Wiggins has the most potential but the least ready of the 3. Wattad's knock is limited athleticism and inconsistency in 3 pt shot.

this year to oglesby, but he does have Dodd and Grothius on his team. Neither wiggins nor wattad has a big like that.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is under estimating MJ Brown from Union City! MOST games when we UC is up by 15-20...He just shares the rock for the best shot...but when the game is on the line...he takes control...just ask Lake Country. Ask them who dropped those free throws at the end of the game!!

QUOTE(2priceless @ Jan 31 2007 - 09:25 PM) 826353884[/snapback]

Chaisson Allen was listed as the Top player to watch in the Midstate by ON THE BALL magazine. Oaklandgrad can give you all his official stats but he is the heart and soul of Oakland's #1 team . He has already verbally committed to play bball at Northeastern where he will get immediate considerable playing time. Chaisson has worked his butt off the last 3 yrs as a starter. He plays solid offense ( top scorer) and defense. He has a beautiful 3 pt shot, never gets flustered on the floor, and has high expectations for himself and his team. Hopefully someone can get you his stats or you can maybe check them in the Daily News Journal or the Tennessean.

AA: Ricky Taylor from Haywood should be in the race. He is averaging 23ppg as a junior leading the young team at Haywood who has a GPA of 3.64 and did well on the ACT. He put up 46 against Memphis Mitchell, a powerhouse!

QUOTE(BroadwayBaller @ Feb 4 2007 - 12:35 AM) 826357645[/snapback]

Out of those 3 i give the edge to Oglesby on consistancy of shooting. Wiggins for potential, and Wattad on defense and versatility. Oglesby's only disadvantage is his size and lateral quickness. Wiggins has the most potential but the least ready of the 3. Wattad's knock is limited athleticism and inconsistency in 3 pt shot.

This year goes to Oglesby, but he does have Dodd and Grothius on his team. Neither wiggins nor wattad has a big like that.

Oglesby for Mr. Basketball AAA this year. He was invited to the NBPA top 100 camp, Nike and Adidas camp. Last year he led his team to victory or put them into over time no less that 8 times. and FYI, it doesn't matter how tall your big man is if they can't catch the ball, or mostly sits om the bench in foul trouble. This is getting better by the way. We will be ready for State! Seen Mo Miller, also an outstanding player,I see him as #2, Then Wiggins as #3. Oglesby also broke the scoring record at Bradley Central that has been standin sice 1962 ( 42 years ). Scored 57 points that night and won against Red bank by 4 points. Very good student and great role model for the younger kids coming up. He always have time for people and gives everyone he talkes to his full attention. And I can pretty much garantee that he is the hardest working baller in Tn. He is relentless.

QUOTE("shake and bake" @ Feb 5 2007 - 01:25 AM) 826358792[/snapback]

Oglesby for Mr. Basketball AAA this year. He was invited to the NBPA top 100 camp, Nike and Adidas camp. Last year he led his team to victory or put them into over time no less that 8 times. and FYI, it doesn't matter how tall your big man is if they can't catch the ball, or mostly sits om the bench in foul trouble. This is getting better by the way. We will be ready for State! Seen Mo Miller, also an outstanding player,I see him as #2, Then Wiggins as #3. Oglesby also broke the scoring record at Bradley Central that has been standin sice 1962 ( 42 years ). Scored 57 points that night and won against Red bank by 4 points. Very good student and great role model for the younger kids coming up. He always have time for people and gives everyone he talkes to his full attention. And I can pretty much garantee that he is the hardest working baller in Tn. He is relentless.

Sounds like you guys like yourself an awful lot. I couldn't write that stuff about myself but I can write about another player who is "blue collar". He may not play AAU or the SPCA and DBA and the BSBA and he may not receive the same hype from himself. My nominie is Drew Houser

QUOTE("shake and bake" @ Feb 5 2007 - 12:25 AM) 826358792[/snapback]

I agree that Oglesby is the best player in the state. I just think his team should be better with the two bigs he has.

My new vote goes to Maurice Miller. (Others receiving votes: Wiggins, Allen, Oglesby)

Again, I would vote for Corey Shankle from Forrest. Shankle solidified my opinion in Lynchburg Saturday night vs. Moore County because he was solid the entire game, especially in crunch time. There may be better athletes than Shankle, but he is certainly on par as far as value to his team, his willingness to "want" the ball at crunch time, and his ability to lift his other team members to another level. The Rockets win in Lynchburg could be a stepping stone to an extended post-season run for Chapel Hill as the men have come together at the perfect time and have displayed that they can win in a variety of ways.

QUOTE(oaklandPOWER @ Feb 2 2007 - 01:54 PM) 826356025[/snapback]

Sorry about that i figured he was in the same district the poster was talking about. BTW i'm not denying Graham's skills i've seen him play and he should definitely be in consideration for Mr. Bball.

What are his college plans?

Currently he has offers from Miami, Michigan, and Tennessee. And many other coaches including Billy Donovan and Rick Pitino have sent him letters and stuff saying that if he makes it to the state tourny they would personally be there to watch him.

QUOTE(orange~is~tradition @ Feb 5 2007 - 11:14 AM) 826359045[/snapback]

Currently he has offers from Miami, Michigan, and Tennessee. And many other coaches including Billy Donovan and Rick Pitino have sent him letters and stuff saying that if he makes it to the state tourny they would personally be there to watch him.

Tennessee? come one. They don't need him. Bruce Pearl is not going to offer him anything. You must be a student at Greeneville that thinks they know everytihng.