Bart Hicks

UTKCLASSOF2002

I love how Tornadogold acts like Little poor ole Alcoa has to play with only hometown kids against a recruited juggernaut in Maryville. I guess he forgets that their former 4 year starting quarterback lives in Walland. Jacob Lequire played at Heritage Middle. Brian Sommer and Kyrus Lankster came from Knoxville. Chris Shiverdecker came from Jefferson County. Don't throw stones in glass houses.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(REBELRON @ Mar 14 2007 - 11:59 AM) 826411572[/snapback]I love how Tornadogold acts like Little poor ole Alcoa has to play with only hometown kids against a recruited juggernaut in Maryville. I guess he forgets that their former 4 year starting quarterback lives in Walland. Jacob Lequire played at Heritage Middle. Brian Sommer and Kyrus Lankster came from Knoxville. Chris Shiverdecker came from Jefferson County. Don't throw stones in glass houses.

Yup. Well, back to the original point. I hope Hicks goes up there, plays really well, earns a scholly.....AND GETS AN EDUCATION.

QUOTE(tornadogold @ Mar 9 2007 - 11:41 AM) 826406085[/snapback]And, you have to factor in how many county kids will "decide" to go to Maryville instead of WBHS/HHS; that has something to do with Maryville beating Alcoa. You have basically the same kids on those teams that beat Maryville in middle school, but you have to factor in county kids going to MHS. Just a thought.

I'd love to know where Bart is going. I can't imagine some college not offering a scholarship. I heard Tn State offered.

TornadoGold.....did you really take a minute to think before you posted this response? Do you have any idea how ignorant that whine is coming from an Alcoa fan? Do you have any idea how many county kids, Knoxville kids, and move-ins make up the Alcoa roster? With tuition being so low at Alcoa it's very easy for kids to go to and play at Alcoa that are not in the city school zone.

I know who and how many make up Maryville's move-in, tuition paying county kids roster and you may be surprised how low it is. Let's put it this way....Alcoa's roster is much heavier laden with kids that fall inot that catagory.

I would predict that there is NO way Alcoa would have won the 2006 state title without that group. The same could be said for Maryville also but it holds much more truer for Alcoa.

I was laughing so hard at your post...especially the "decided" portion. I started to break it down for you but figured if someone didn't have any more sense than to make a post like that then the effort would be wasted.

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 15 2007 - 09:06 AM) 826412753[/snapback][/b]

TornadoGold.....did you really take a minute to think before you posted this response? Do you have any idea how ignorant that whine is coming from an Alcoa fan? Do you have any idea how many county kids, Knoxville kids, and move-ins make up the Alcoa roster? With tuition being so low at Alcoa it's very easy for kids to go to and play at Alcoa that are not in the city school zone.

I know who and how many make up Maryville's move-in, tuition paying county kids roster and you may be surprised how low it is. Let's put it this way....Alcoa's roster is much heavier laden with kids that fall inot that catagory.

I would predict that there is NO way Alcoa would have won the 2006 state title without that group. The same could be said for Maryville also but it holds much more truer for Alcoa.

I was laughing so hard at your post...especially the "decided" portion. I started to break it down for you but figured if someone didn't have any more sense than to make a post like that then the effort would be wasted.

MLREB.

That was strange. TornadoGold is usually a bit more well thought out.

QUOTE(tornadogold @ Mar 9 2007 - 11:41 AM) 826406085[/snapback]And, you have to factor in how many county kids will "decide" to go to Maryville instead of WBHS/HHS; that has something to do with Maryville beating Alcoa. You have basically the same kids on those teams that beat Maryville in middle school, but you have to factor in county kids going to MHS. Just a thought.

I'd love to know where Bart is going. I can't imagine some college not offering a scholarship. I heard Tn State offered.

Actually, don't factor that in. I don't know about WBHS, but I don't believe HHS has lost any football kids to Maryville in the last 3 years. The time is approaching when the city schools will have to start winning without county players, and I think that will suit everyone in Blount county just fine.

QUOTE(tdr1221 @ Mar 15 2007 - 03:05 PM) 826413120[/snapback]Actually, don't factor that in. I don't know about WBHS, but I don't believe HHS has lost any football kids to Maryville in the last 3 years. The time is approaching when the city schools will have to start winning without county players, and I think that will suit everyone in Blount county just fine.

Heritage?....you are kidding aren't you? Heritage doesn't need to wory about Maryville. Heritage needs to worry about Heritage. I thought the 2005 team was really bad but they did have a nice set of linebackers. The 2006 team was possibly the worst team that Heritage has ever fielded. Yep....I know the last two years of middle school teams have been better than usual but Heritage has so far to go I don't see much positive coming from them anytime soon. Hope I am wrong because I want every team in the county to be strong.

Now back to the topic. I have enjoyed watching Bart play since his 8th grade year. Great player with wonderful intensity and zest for the game. I can only wish him well!!

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 15 2007 - 05:31 PM) 826413260[/snapback]

Heritage?....you are kidding aren't you? Heritage doesn't need to wory about Maryville. Heritage needs to worry about Heritage. I thought the 2005 team was really bad but they did have a nice set of linebackers. The 2006 team was possibly the worst team that Heritage has ever fielded. Yep....I know the last two years of middle school teams have been better than usual but Heritage has so far to go I don't see much positive coming from them anytime soon. Hope I am wrong because I want every team in the county to be strong.

Now back to the topic. I have enjoyed watching Bart play since his 8th grade year. Great player with wonderful intensity and zest for the game. I can only wish him well!!

Very true. Bart Hicks did a great job and was certainly overlooked by colleges.

I mentioned HHS in response to an ALCOA fan who seemed to imply that the reason Maryville beat Alcoa every year was that MHS pulled more county kids than Alcoa (read post #17 in this thread). In a way, I was kind of defending Maryville by simply saying that was no longer true.

QUOTE(tdr1221 @ Mar 15 2007 - 06:03 PM) 826413295[/snapback]Very true. Bart Hicks did a great job and was certainly overlooked by colleges.

I mentioned HHS in response to an ALCOA fan who seemed to imply that the reason Maryville beat Alcoa every year was that MHS pulled more county kids than Alcoa (read post #17 in this thread). In a way, I was kind of defending Maryville by simply saying that was no longer true.

My bad tdr......

QUOTE(ruse? @ Mar 15 2007 - 11:00 AM) 826412838[/snapback]MLREB.

That was strange. TornadoGold is usually a bit more well thought out.

Sorry for the post. Didn't mean to get my Maryville friends in a tizzy! Yes, I usually am a bit more thought out. Don't know what made me post that. PLease accept my apologies!

I'm not naive enough to think that Alcoa only has Alcoa bred players on the roster. I overheard a couple of people talking a few days ago, saying they were switching their kids to Alcoa now (with only a few weeks left of school). Their kids are in 4th grade, and they're afraid if they wait until next year, they won't be able to get in. And, they mentioned that their kids play sports.

And, of course (getting back to topic!) Bart is a county kid, isn't that correct?