Single A Baseball

tricklician

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mickeyryan @ Feb 18 2007 - 01:10 PM) 826377516[/snapback]From what I hear Huntingdon is the team to beat.

Huntingdon will be returning to state this yr. Mckenzie is a long shot but with solid pitching from bugs and some offense we should fare the district well. But we are a true longshot to return to state with only two returning starters. But all 9 starters this yr have travel ball experience. Clint Kee is a solid pitcher as well. But youth may be a factor. If the sticks come alive as we expect we hope to make a run again. If it comes down to clinch game bet on Bugs.

A couple of preseason scrimmage scores from West Tn 1A ball...

Humboldt 5

Huntingdon 1

Humboldt 5

Trinity Christain Academy 0

I realize this is only preseason and basically means nothing, but Humboldt is very deep in terms of pitching...They also have a lot of speed on the bases and probably one of the best defenses in their district this year...If they find another consistent hitter in the middle of the lineup, they could be very difficult to beat..

QUOTE(red_16 @ Feb 20 2007 - 12:41 PM) 826381011[/snapback]A couple of preseason scrimmage scores from West Tn 1A ball...

Humboldt 5

Huntingdon 1

Humboldt 5

Trinity Christain Academy 0

I realize this is only preseason and basically means nothing, but Humboldt is very deep in terms of pitching...They also have a lot of speed on the bases and probably one of the best defenses in their district this year...If they find another consistent hitter in the middle of the lineup, they could be very difficult to beat..

I think red is just glad to be out of school now so he can post baseball stuff on here. Coach Scott might have had something to say about it while you were playing.

Did TCA and Huntingdon really tie in the third game on Monday - someone said that on another thread. What happened there?

QUOTE(westtennsports @ Feb 21 2007 - 07:21 AM) 826382381[/snapback]I think red is just glad to be out of school now so he can post baseball stuff on here. Coach Scott might have had something to say about it while you were playing.

Did TCA and Huntingdon really tie in the third game on Monday - someone said that on another thread. What happened there?

No excuses. Huntingdon has a lot of rust to shake off. Not a problem and no reason to be alarmed yet. It was almost a month into the season last year before we were playing .500 baseball and still made it to state. Coach Eubanks will have them ready come playoff time.

QUOTE(westtennsports @ Feb 21 2007 - 07:21 AM) 826382381[/snapback]I think red is just glad to be out of school now so he can post baseball stuff on here. Coach Scott might have had something to say about it while you were playing.

Huntingdon always starts off slow but they are usually 100% when it counts......they jus need to get the younger guys broke in and get the catchers some experience since they are all either young or have only been moved to catcher recently

Getting on here to talk myself and my team up would have been the worst thing I could have done Just a spectator at this point

QUOTE(ng_athlete @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:35 AM) 826382579[/snapback]Look out for North Greene... they turned it on in the tournament last year. They got 8 returning starters and are looking real good. i can guarantee they will be playing rockwood or sunbright in sub state

They might to make it to sub-state, but it they do, that just goes to show that Region 1 is awful... Sunbright won't make it. If they do, then Region 2 is awful as well.

QUOTE(westtennsports @ Feb 12 2007 - 11:36 AM) 826368582[/snapback]Huntingdon, Adamsville, and JCS have to be the favorites. A'Ville returns virtually the same team that played in the sub-state last year, while Huntingdon returns the entire pitching staff from a state tournament team.

Union City and Halls in 14-A are always tough, but lost a lot of seniors. Humboldt doesn't concern anyone because they have no one that can hit. Bradford actually returns its entire lineup minus one, as does Peabody, but those teams always have trouble winning big games.

McKenzie lost the most, but play in a very weak district behind Huntingdon. If they can find a #1 starter, they'll have a chance in May as well.

TCA or Riverside could also sneak up on JCS in 15-A as well.

i think humboldt and trenton both only have 2 seniors. Your right about winning the big one's. trenton pitching hurts them. i heard that big hickerson kid moved to dresden. i know the holt kid throws. heard he is signed with Bethel to play football