Single A Baseball

tricklician

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 4 2007 - 08:19 PM) 826399805[/snapback]Here is a little info on The St.Jude Classic being held in Union City this year....

2007 Classic Schedule

Wednesday, March 28th

4:30 PM - Dresden Lions vs Obion Central Rebels

6:30 PM - Humboldt Vikings vs Union City Golden Tornadoes

Thursday, March 29th

4:30 PM - Huntingdon Mustangs vs Obion Central Rebels

6:30 PM - Huntingdon Mustangs vs Union City Golden Tornadoes

6:30 PM - Dresden Lions vs Humboldt Vikings (Thompson Field)

Friday, March 30th

4:30 PM - Dresden Lions vs Huntingdon Mustangs

6:30 PM - Union City Golden Tornadoes vs Obion Central Rebels

Saturday, March 31st

12:00 PM - Huntingdon Mustangs vs Humboldt Vikings

2:30 PM - Humboldt Vikings vs Obion Central Rebels

5:00 PM - Dresden Lions vs Union City Golden Tornadoes

The 2007 St. Jude Classic is a five team round-robin event. The team with the best overall record winning the championship.

If you would like to see pictures of the stadium go to www.ucturf.com and click on Elam Stadium...

Also in Union City this year on May 3-11 the District 13AA Tournament will be held and August 3-7 the Babe Ruth Southeast Regional for 13-15 yr olds will again be played at UC......

Also there are pictures of War Memorial Stadium on the website...Home of the Golden Tornado football team...Just click on War Memorial Stadium

Minus Obion. . .that's a decent tournament for Class A teams. If Adamsville, JCS, Halls, and McKenzie were in, you would have a good preview of teams fighting to go to Murfreesboro in May.

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Baddogg11 @ Mar 4 2007 - 09:13 PM) 826399957[/snapback]Yes it will. Could see arm trouble if not careful.. i Hope at least 100 of those 200 are about half speed. And i played college ball.

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Oh? Your trying to be nice now. Congratulations on your college experience. I do love my son and what he has accomplished and who better to sing his praise than me. But singing his praise and lying are to different things. I would not lie about his ability. And as for 200 hundred pitches was an exxageration on my part. He has two buckets of balls which contain 24 balls and he throws four buckets twice a week. With various pitches. Having lil trouble snapping off his curve but it comes and goes from good to extrememly good. Slider is also great pitch. and two of his balls have developed cuts on them and doesnt like to throw em. So 200 was a stretch. how about 192 and minus the two he doesnt like to throw times two which is 188. And about a third of them is fastballs. He spent alot of time working on deseption for his curve and slider. But I hope and expect him to have an outstanding season which starts this week. Good luck to all players past and present. And remember you heard his dad say it first he will be someone to watch. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Butchie @ Mar 5 2007 - 12:34 PM) 826400540[/snapback]/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Oh? Your trying to be nice now. Congratulations on your college experience. I do love my son and what he has accomplished and who better to sing his praise than me. But singing his praise and lying are to different things. I would not lie about his ability. And as for 200 hundred pitches was an exxageration on my part. He has two buckets of balls which contain 24 balls and he throws four buckets twice a week. With various pitches. Having lil trouble snapping off his curve but it comes and goes from good to extrememly good. Slider is also great pitch. and two of his balls have developed cuts on them and doesnt like to throw em. So 200 was a stretch. how about 192 and minus the two he doesnt like to throw times two which is 188. And about a third of them is fastballs. He spent alot of time working on deseption for his curve and slider. But I hope and expect him to have an outstanding season which starts this week. Good luck to all players past and present. And remember you heard his dad say it first he will be someone to watch. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Well if it works for him more power to him. I've seen some pretty good pitchers who wouldn't do that. It might be better to go 50 or less everyother day.

who cares how hard the kid throws and actions speak alot louder than words if the kids so awesome i guess i will here alot more of him but he doesnt need daddy talking him up if he is that good you shouldnt have to say a word people would no if he is awesome but throwing that many pitches would tear your arm up and he may have one a state championship or whatever but it sounds to me like he does not have alot of high school expierence my team won a state championship in travel ball to but that doesnt mean that they should put me on a baseball card like it sounds like this kid should be how many d1 scouts are looking at him...............................the past is the past............................

QUOTE(Butchie @ Mar 5 2007 - 12:34 PM) 826400540[/snapback]/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

200 pitches in a week, especially during the off season isn't a whole lot. I don't know what all these other people are talking about. It's not but about 75 pitches every other day. A few years back the coach at Martin Methodist had his pitchers doing this very thing in the off season. He realized after a couple of years that his pitchers weren't having nearly the arm trouble as they had in the past.

QUOTE(MPTigerT @ Mar 5 2007 - 09:59 PM) 826401441[/snapback]200 pitches in a week, especially during the off season isn't a whole lot. I don't know what all these other people are talking about. It's not but about 75 pitches every other day. A few years back the coach at Martin Methodist had his pitchers doing this very thing in the off season. He realized after a couple of years that his pitchers weren't having nearly the arm trouble as they had in the past.

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Thank-you. If you pitched a 7 inning game and did well to have 80 pitchs and you threw 2 games a week this equals 160.

The thinking is longevity. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> and you would be doing great to have 80 pitches.

QUOTE(pitching scout @ Mar 6 2007 - 07:07 AM) 826401774[/snapback]I would also like to add that I too have seen Clint Kee pitch while playing in jackson fall ball and I seen some games in the 18u travel ball this last summer. I was very impressed with his patience on the mound. I've seen him get bad calls or fielders making errors to load the bases with no outs and come back and strike the next 3 out to get out of the inning. he has movement on his fastball that will fool some of the best. His curveball also will leave you wondering as your headed back to the dugout. I am going to predict a good year for him and mckenzie and I expect him to be one of the top pitchers in west tn. and possibly the whole state his senior year if he continues to work hard.

Clint Kee is really not that good..i saw him pitch a couple games in jackson and a jv game last year..i mean he is decent but not one of the best in the west..maybe we will get lucky and have him pitch against our boys when Mckenzie rolls into TigerTown..

QUOTE(ng_athlete @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:35 AM) 826382579[/snapback]Look out for North Greene... they turned it on in the tournament last year. They got 8 returning starters and are looking real good. i can guarantee they will be playing rockwood or sunbright in sub state

NO THEY WON'T!!!!!!!