13 AA District

GHvolrebel

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two real good first round games for beginning of district. OC able to hold off upset-minded Dyer Co. Dyer Co did a good job hanging around. Real good composure on part of OC.

Westview finally got it going in 2nd quarter in their game. Team playing the most complete game on Wednesday night between Westview and OC will win the District later in week over Milan.

Go Lady Rebels and turn it up a notch.

QUOTE(GHvolrebel @ Feb 12 2007 - 10:38 PM) 826369611[/snapback]

Two real good first round games for beginning of district. OC able to hold off upset-minded Dyer Co. Dyer Co did a good job hanging around. Real good composure on part of OC.

Westview finally got it going in 2nd quarter in their game. Team playing the most complete game on Wednesday night between Westview and OC will win the District later in week over Milan.

Go Lady Rebels and turn it up a notch.

Dyer County did do a good job hanging around last night. Roney, stepped up big time and made two old fashioned three pointers late when DC pulled to within 2 and 3, keeping them at bay. She's awesome. Thomas for Westview played her usual gutsy game although clearly not 100%. Based on what I saw and assuming Milan get's by the winner of Dyersburg/GC on Thur evening, I think Milan is still the favorite Sat Night.

Noticed the freshamn started for OC last night. I know 25 is out with the knee, but it appeared 14 also cut into 20 's playing time also. 20 didn't look real happy about it. 14 played very well though. 30 played quite a bit also. She is a new face also.

OC got tough late, when it counted. Could have been a little cloer if 52 for DC didn't foul out so early.

Noticed the freshamn started for OC last night. I know 25 is out with the knee, but it appeared 14 also cut into 20 's playing time also. 20 didn't look real happy about it. 14 played very well though. 30 played quite a bit also. She is a new face also.

OC got tough late, when it counted. Could have been a little cloer if 52 for DC didn't foul out so early.

Keeping with the numbers theme 25 did hurt her knee(torn ACL) at Crockett last week. Fitted for a brace but will limit playing time if she plays at all

24 played and had 17 and has her average up close to 8 a game in a reserve role.

The team doesn't have a 14 but maybe you were thinking of 15. 30 has been one of the main reserves off the bench this year along with 15, 35 and 24 until 25 was injured so 24 started last night in 25's place.

and yes 52 played well for DC until foul trouble and 32 came in off the bench and also played well Both fouled out and hurt DC chances in the 4th ..

More numbers OC FT = 18-25, DC FT=10-13 , 72% for OC at the line in the game and 70% FT on the season..

There will be a numbers quiz later

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Feb 13 2007 - 09:53 AM) 826370013[/snapback]

WOO!! Westview vs OC Round 3!!!!! WOO!!

GO LADY REBELS!!!!

The question is does this one matter as much as the one possible in a couple of weeks? Hence last year. the same scenerio is shaping up for the same district semifinals if Gibson beats Dyersburg tonight. Only the seedings are different this year than last.

I haven't seen ant 13AA teams play this year, but I have kept up with ya'll in the paper. I know how tough your district is. I had some trouble finding radio stations last night to listen to games. Please post the radio station that covers your games so I can listen when my Indians aren't playing. Have any of you 13AA people seen North Side play? Who do you think matches up best against us? I know the region will be tough...I remember last year well.

I've seen NorthSide play and the Lady Indians will be a force come Regional tournament. Tough interior play with Delk and Cliff and company and the young guards are starting to play more consistent from what I've heard.. I saw them play at Dyersburg back in Decmember in a 2 point win that had Delk hitting the game winner at the buzzer

The Northside inside game will give most of the 13AA teams some problems but Westview/OC can shoot the outside shot and will be tough to defend on the perimeter. Milan will be tough to contain inside with Posten/Carter and if Dyersburg

gets the win over Gibson, it'll be a tough matchup with Holloway and Yancy who is one of the more athletic players in the district.

As for Radio coverage- all of the OC games are on 104.9FM and most of the Westview games are on 101.3 FM.

QUOTE(58Indians22 @ Feb 13 2007 - 02:09 PM) 826370346[/snapback]

I haven't seen ant 13AA teams play this year, but I have kept up with ya'll in the paper. I know how tough your district is. I had some trouble finding radio stations last night to listen to games. Please post the radio station that covers your games so I can listen when my Indians aren't playing. Have any of you 13AA people seen North Side play? Who do you think matches up best against us? I know the region will be tough...I remember last year well.

If Gibson County or Milan is involved there is a good chance you can catch the game(s) on 97.7 out of Trenton. They carry some local college stuff too so you never know for sure.

From what I can see, Northside is going to be tough against any team in District 13. The best option out of this district tournament, by far, is to win it and probably avoid Northside till the Region Finals.

Guest NoPainNoGain

QUOTE(58Indians22 @ Feb 13 2007 - 02:09 PM) 826370346[/snapback]

I have seen your Lady Indians play a couple times, and they are as good as the best in 13AA. The only advantage that 13AA might have is the wars that they have already been through and are going through this week. The Four Teams that emerge will be battle tested. With that said, it should be a heck of a regional tournament, as you will have 4-5 outstanding teams, with only 2 getting to advance.

It will come down to coaching and big time players stepping forward. There are (5) very talented teams in Northside, Obion, Milan, Westview and Dyersburg and all have different strengths to content with. And Gibson County might pull an upset tonight, as they do have a fair coach. We can all make predictions now, which is fun, but reality will be who brings their game to the gym each night. Wow !