Baseball Etiquette and Questions for E5

RUBlind!!!

QUOTE(E5 @ Feb 22 2007 - 06:30 PM) 826384938[/snapback]WOW, the things you learn when intellegent baseball is discussed. I assume the theory is based on pepper when everybody huddles and then all fake and only one throws. I think this is the best technique since the spin turn on the DP with the lefthanded second baseman. I would have to play the book and go lefty on lefty till someone scouted you and found out the pattern. Then I would add a submariner to the mix and reall mess with their heads. Let me look at it more and come up with some first and third defenses as well as bunt coverages. Great idea and good luck with it.

We are trying it out in our first district game, I think it gives the opponents a mindboggling approach to the plate.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(REDSMAN @ Feb 23 2007 - 08:32 AM) 826385599[/snapback]E5,

YOU THINK WE COULD HELP RIVERDALEMAN BY LETTING HIM CALL GAMES IN THAT NEW COMPUTER-HELMET I AM WEARING AT HOME? IT HAS A NEW OPEN FACE DESIGN WITH KEVLAR JAW GUARDS.

Is the "chromed out" helmet or the one size fits all flex-band series.

NEITHER. REMEBER, HARROD OVER AT LHS HAS RIGHTS TO ANYTHING CHROME-DOMED. THE ONE SIZE WENT OUT A FEW YEARS AGO WITH ME... I ORDERED SOME ONE SIZE FITS ALL COMBINATION STIRRUPS / BAT SLEEVES THAT REALLY NEVER WORKED.

THIS NEW HELMET IS MADE OF 100% TURKEY GRISLE WITH KEVLAR JAW EXTENSIONS. I DONT KNOW IF YOU KNOW THIS, BUT YOU CAN ORDER AN ADD-ON SPIT RECEPTICLE.

QUOTE(REDSMAN @ Feb 22 2007 - 02:22 PM) 826384642[/snapback]SLYDER,

THAT WONT EVER WORK... E5 AND I BOTH SWORE IN 2001 THAT WE WOULD ONLY COACH IN PLACES WHERE WINGS AND DIPPING SAUCES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE HOSPITALITY ROOM. E5 DOESNT DO ANYHTING THAT IS "SQUARED OFF" ESPECIALLY BURGERS.... YOU GOTTA UNDERSTAND THAT EVERYTHING IS BASED ON A ROTATIONAL AXIS FOR E5 - HITTING, HINDCATCHING, FUNGO HITTING, OUTFIELD PLAY, BUNT COVERAGES, BP, GATEWAY TESTING, DRIVER ED.... YOU SIMPLY CANT EXPECT E5 TO RELATE TO ANYTHING "SQUARED OFF".

BESIDES, KB TOYS HAS JUST ASKED E5 TO PRODUCE A NEW TOY THAT WILL REVOLUTIONIZE HITTING FOR YOUNG KIDS. THE NEW "VANDEVER-HYDEN ACTION FIGURE" WILL BE OUT SOON. IT COMES COMPLETE WITH ACCCESSORIES SUCH AS A TURKEY CLAW, REMOVABLE THUMBS, CHAINSAW, KNEE BRACE, AND ADJUSTABLE WAISTBAND. THE FIGURE FEATURES MOVEMENT AT THE WAIST ONLY, AND TRUE GRENADE THROWER ARM MOVEMENTS. THE FIGURE CAN EVEN BE BOUGHT WITH A PURPLE FORD RANGER.

Please do not forget where I work. Ice cream is not a problem...I am working on the wings

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Feb 22 2007 - 07:39 PM) 826384953[/snapback]but its my day job i am trying to get rid of i llike the umpiring gig...what if i get a new dog?

Riverdaleman is looking for a new job? I have been turned down by E5 and REDSMAN because the lack of dipping sauce for hot wings. CC has not posted in a week or two, he must have gotten into trouble...possibly violated his probation again or maybe all the D1's he has developed he has gotten beyond the posting stage..who knows. I understand Riverdale you are an umpire, therefore I am going to have to really look over your application to be on my coaching staff. It is my thought that if you knew anything about the sport...you would not be an ump, but I have been wrong before. Now, have you ever formed a booster club to raise money?

I do appreciate your interest and you have become a favorite poster of mine now because you obviously are a man that knows which shirt tails to hold onto. Forgive me if I appear ignorant/arrogant (whichever means cocky), but being a paid coach causes you to be more direct due to time constraints and sweat pooling up in the darnedest placest. Lets see your resume' and references.

First of all i want to thank you for all the appreciation I am getting in this post espcially by E5 it is obvious that i have umpired a game he was either watching or coaching and i hope he was happy with my performance i mean really do any of you know how hard it is to ACT like you know the rules and how many times i have to quote a rule book that i have never seen let alone READ

Slyder anyone who can pull that has got to be credible enough for AT LEAST an interview so please get in touch with me to set up an interview i have until march 13th to have a job lined before i leave my current plaace of employment

thank you

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Feb 24 2007 - 06:52 PM) 826387565[/snapback]First of all i want to thank you for all the appreciation I am getting in this post espcially by E5 it is obvious that i have umpired a game he was either watching or coaching and i hope he was happy with my performance i mean really do any of you know how hard it is to ACT like you know the rules and how many times i have to quote a rule book that i have never seen let alone READ

Slyder anyone who can pull that has got to be credible enough for AT LEAST an interview so please get in touch with me to set up an interview i have until march 13th to have a job lined before i leave my current plaace of employment

thank you

R'daleman,

Our paths cross often in various settings. I have never missed a ball/strike or out/safe call...at least from my vantage point. You must think harder...I only talk of your umpiring skills because you are a baseball man and we have laughed together anytime your on the field umpiring. Surely, you have figured out any thread that I am involved with has little truth when slyder, CC, and REDSMAN is involved.

QUOTE(E5 @ Feb 25 2007 - 11:11 AM) 826388368[/snapback]R'daleman,

Our paths cross often in various settings. I have never missed a ball/strike or out/safe call...at least from my vantage point. You must think harder...I only talk of your umpiring skills because you are a baseball man and we have laughed together anytime your on the field umpiring. Surely, you have figured out any thread that I am involved with has little truth when slyder, CC, and REDSMAN is involved.

E5,

Since the title of this thread includes etiquette, my question is this, is it good etiquette for an umpire to call games in the district in which his sons play? I know he never calls there games, but not only could he influence games that affect the standings, he is a built in scout for his sons' team. What does the "book" have to say about this?

QUOTE(REDSMAN @ Feb 23 2007 - 01:17 PM) 826386042[/snapback]NEITHER. REMEBER, HARROD OVER AT LHS HAS RIGHTS TO ANYTHING CHROME-DOMED. THE ONE SIZE WENT OUT A FEW YEARS AGO WITH ME... I ORDERED SOME ONE SIZE FITS ALL COMBINATION STIRRUPS / BAT SLEEVES THAT REALLY NEVER WORKED.

THIS NEW HELMET IS MADE OF 100% TURKEY GRISLE WITH KEVLAR JAW EXTENSIONS. I DONT KNOW IF YOU KNOW THIS, BUT YOU CAN ORDER AN ADD-ON SPIT RECEPTICLE.

Hey Redsman,

I can't believe you actually called Harrod out! I noticed he was slimmer these days. I hear there is actually a smaller hat size involved this year. Hope I never need the Turkey Grisle helmet. He might still have some fit issues with that. I am holding out for the Hog Jowl version with the removeable vittles straw. My step-nephew, J-Dam, had to wear something similar to that when he was a toddler and was involved in a baserunning incident while "playing up" during his first year of T-ball in the TXR early developement softball league. Sharn Jean had to spoon feed him for 8 weeks, because he couldn't work up enough suction to get his food through the straw.

Do you think we can get E5 to give us any updates on how it is working out trying to change CC's boy to a submarine pitcher?