GC V. Dburg

GCPioneer

QUOTE(mrbigster @ Feb 16 2007 - 03:35 PM) 826374855[/snapback]

Choc4 life..Don't go spreading rumors..Surely Coach Brown wouldn't sit better players on the bench and play ..just his average sons!...lol

In regards to the person talking to the middle school kids, that's BS and I know better. However, it is a shame that they are constantly approached by middle school students saying they want to go to DC and the coaches can't speak to them in fear of what they will be accused of.

About the rumors.......... how many other teams do you see operate in that fashion? how many other teams dress freshmen that do not start?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mrbigster @ Feb 16 2007 - 03:25 PM) 826374843[/snapback]

From what I know about the situation..you're right on both counts..I believe the scrimmage was against Cov..I believe Covington had lost the Jones kid to Dyer Co and an assistant ended up having a tape..I believe it was either given to coach Brown or that he heard about it..Wonder who turned the information over..That's what I was referring to..I wonder who Dyer co thinks is responsible for them being on probation..Could it be Coach Brown and Sam Miles..one of the top officials on the TSSAA Board of Control!

I have a few theories on who is behind this. The first one has a trail that leads all the way to the White House. The other one ,and probably much more likely theory, is probably that someone from Dyersburg found us out, not sure who, and turned us in. I am really not upset about that. I mean we broke the rules and we were punished. I think that DC's biggest problem is that Dyersburg called us out and it is like the pot calling the kettle black to us. Whatever though. DC can think of a million things that Dyersburg does wrong and Dyersburg can think of a million things that DC does wrong as well.

QUOTE(lovethegame @ Feb 16 2007 - 06:07 PM) 826375022[/snapback]

I have a few theories on who is behind this. The first one has a trail that leads all the way to the White House. The other one ,and probably much more likely theory, is probably that someone from Dyersburg found us out, not sure who, and turned us in. I am really not upset about that. I mean we broke the rules and we were punished. I think that DC's biggest problem is that Dyersburg called us out and it is like the pot calling the kettle black to us. Whatever though. DC can think of a million things that Dyersburg does wrong and Dyersburg can think of a million things that DC does wrong as well.

QUOTE(choc4life @ Feb 16 2007 - 04:03 PM) 826374891[/snapback]

In regards to the person talking to the middle school kids, that's BS and I know better. However, it is a shame that they are constantly approached by middle school students saying they want to go to DC and the coaches can't speak to them in fear of what they will be accused of.

About the rumors.......... how many other teams do you see operate in that fashion? how many other teams dress freshmen that do not start?

You know I guess Dyer Co. is the only one who recruits. What about all the county kids who play or played for Dyersburg. Strayhorn from last year's girls team. The quarterback on the football team lives out in the county. The all Region linebacker from Three Oaks.(I can't think of his name). If you think that Counce, Coffman or Brown don't recruit then you have you head in the sand. Dyer County has very little success....when they do why don't you let them enjoy it? Since I live in Dyer Co. I'm going to cheer for the Lady Trojans Saturday night and the Choctaws on Monday night. I hope they both go all the way.

QUOTE(ProtegeofDrDRe @ Feb 16 2007 - 10:48 AM) 826374455[/snapback] Once again the stupidity of the people on these boards perplexes me. As far as the "wound" that No.1 Trojanfan speaks of is ridiculous. Coach Brown is one of the premier coaches in West Tennesee and the state. He has consistently put together championship caliber teams whether it be in McNairy or in Dyersburg. He has well over 500 victories in his high school career. He runs a very respectable program that is to be admired by those from all around. His teams are well behaved, respectful, and demand respect in the way they play hard night in and night out. You speak of frustration with the kids. Well when players are used to being champions it is very very hard to accept less than that, as is the case with the team this year. Now we can speak of all the talent that is present on DHS team this year but what many fail to recognize is the lack of playing experience of that talent. Unlike many schools in West Tennessee it is very rare when a player comes into DHS and is able to receive substantial playing time all 4 years or even 3 years due to the immense amount of talent. Also, on the point of respect Coach Brown has helped to keep many a delquient (sp?) out of juvenille detention via his program whether in DHS or MCHS. He teaches his kids the worth of a strong dedicated work ethic and that they must show respect to receive it. He is dedicated

to his programs going above and beyond his call of duty when it comes to scouting, summer camps, and practice plans.

Briefly, to mention the radio comments.... It is hard to stay motivated when the team you coach does not care half as much as you.

Then you speak of technical fouls? Shall we speak of personal fouls or unsportsmanlike conducts in football? You speak very highly of Coach Counce and I agree that he is a great coach but have you ever been in one of his huddles or the locker room or on the practice field? I can tell you that basketball coaches get a raw deal. Football coaches have what i like to refer to as a potty mouth. The language used not only by Counce but also by many football coaches around the state is far worse than people think.

Yet another reason that I find your call for a fix to a ficticious wound ludacris is the sorry excuse for referees that are found in the dismal Northwest Association. While I am not condoning technical fouls, the down right disgrace that is the ability of the Northwest officials more often than not warrants the criticisms of not only Coach Brown but every coach that is served by this joke of an association. Now why i realize that it takes a certain type of person to be a referee, I think it impossible that these are the best to be found. I think all those who have witnessed games called by this group of officials will agree that while a few are mediocre at best, as a whole the Northwest association is a JOKE!!

Now while it may seem like I am rambling I must insist that No1 Trojanfan realize what a shame it is that he jump to such hasty conclusion. Coach Brown is a great coach who has proven year in and year out that he can and will produce a competitive team. His antics on the sideline show his passion for the game and the loyalty he has for his players. This is highlighted by the fact that the technicals he receives are almost always an attempt on his part to protect his players and their interests. The teams of Coach Brown in the past will testify to the fact that Coach Brown loves his players and the his teams are a FAMILY. Now I am in agreement with trojanfan on one point.... the Trojans WILL be back next year with more experience and a legitimate shot at winning the district and being the second best team in the region behind Haywood.

Coach Brown, keep up your hard work!!

I know nothing about this absurd controversy over the basketball situation. Appears to be a case of diiarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain to me.

I have to comment, though, on the reference to offensive language language by football coaches, and especially by Coach Counce. I must assume that the person who wrote this has been on the practice field and in the football huddles and dressing rooms. I doubt it. To refer to football coaches as "potty mouthed" is to paint with a broad brush, to stereotype. Ask the guys who played for James Counce--at Henry County, Camden, or in Dyersburg--what their opinion of his character and concern for them has always been. If there has ever been an employee of Dyersburg High School who has consistently conducted himself with dignity and composure, it is James Counce. I am sure he would appreciate being left out of whatever petty feuds you "roundballers" choose to conduct. It's beneath him; it should be beneath you.

QUOTE(Augielio @ Feb 17 2007 - 02:48 AM) 826375735[/snapback]

I know nothing about this absurd controversy over the basketball situation. Appears to be a case of diiarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain to me.

I have to comment, though, on the reference to offensive language language by football coaches, and especially by Coach Counce. I must assume that the person who wrote this has been on the practice field and in the football huddles and dressing rooms. I doubt it. To refer to football coaches as "potty mouthed" is to paint with a broad brush, to stereotype. Ask the guys who played for James Counce--at Henry County, Camden, or in Dyersburg--what their opinion of his character and concern for them has always been. If there has ever been an employee of Dyersburg High School who has consistently conducted himself with dignity and composure, it is James Counce. I am sure he would appreciate being left out of whatever petty feuds you "roundballers" choose to conduct. It's beneath him; it should be beneath you.

Have not been in his huddles and don't know personally about them, but you are getting a highly respected football coach and I think a very nice man for 2007 that will be good for the players.

Your info is wrong once again... the 8th grader who rode the bus with DC is now 20 years old and did not even play basketball in high school because he moved away... Brown's youngest son did not even play this year except when the game was out of control and the rest of the junior varsity was in the game or when the varsity team was in deep foul trouble... I meant no disrespect to Coach Counce, he is a great coach and a great man but the language used not only in his specific case but in football and basketball programs throughout the state is not perfect.... as to the Dyer Co. probation, if i remember right Dyer Co High School administration turned the allegations into the TSSAA board of control themselves and the reprimands were mainly handed down by the administration.... as for the antics of the middle son at the DC game I was not in attendance but from what i heard he acted in retalliation to being pushed by a DC player which seems like it resulted from a lack of control on the officials part.... but now i ask you what of the technicals on the dyer county players?

oh and for your information i have no affiliation with the brown family at all or am i even associated with DHS but like you I have my sources

and as for the posts about Brown in McNairy... its funny to me how you talk of such increased success that could of been, if this is so why when coach Brown left has McNairy constantly been in the cellar? just a thought

QUOTE(GHvolrebel @ Feb 17 2007 - 06:53 AM) 826375759[/snapback]Have not been in his huddles and don't know personally about them, but you are getting a highly respected football coach and I think a very nice man for 2007 that will be good for the players.

We have had the best in James Counce and we hear nothing but good things about Darren Bowling. We all hope he does well here. He comes highly recommended.

QUOTE(ProtegeofDrDRe @ Feb 17 2007 - 08:32 PM) 826376848[/snapback]Your info is wrong once again... the 8th grader who rode the bus with DC is now 20 years old and did not even play basketball in high school because he moved away... Brown's youngest son did not even play this year except when the game was out of control and the rest of the junior varsity was in the game or when the varsity team was in deep foul trouble... I meant no disrespect to Coach Counce, he is a great coach and a great man but the language used not only in his specific case but in football and basketball programs throughout the state is not perfect.... as to the Dyer Co. probation, if i remember right Dyer Co High School administration turned the allegations into the TSSAA board of control themselves and the reprimands were mainly handed down by the administration.... as for the antics of the middle son at the DC game I was not in attendance but from what i heard he acted in retalliation to being pushed by a DC player which seems like it resulted from a lack of control on the officials part.... but now i ask you what of the technicals on the dyer county players?

oh and for your information i have no affiliation with the brown family at all or am i even associated with DHS but like you I have my sources

and as for the posts about Brown in McNairy... its funny to me how you talk of such increased success that could of been, if this is so why when coach Brown left has McNairy constantly been in the cellar? just a thought

I was at that game and am not from either school..You heard wrong..There was some jawing earlier and the official talked to both of them..On the inbounds..he blantantly pushed the Dyer Co player and the ref chalked him up..And later ,being arrogant ,went to the official and was talking about the call..Coach should have benched him the rest of the game!

QUOTE(DCfan74 @ Feb 12 2007 - 11:49 PM) 826369699[/snapback]Well, Dyersburg has added new players to the team. No one seem to know where they came from. I guess they fell from the sky. One of them is very good. I'm not sure about the other. I would be checking for transfer papers if I was Gibson Co. Should be a close game. I give Dyersburg the edge by a small margin.

I can promise you and anyone else that may want to question the validity of a player at DHS, that you are barking up the wrong tree. ANY & ALL players on the playing field in any sport is legal and playing at a higher GPA than even that set by TSSAA. So, before you start throwing accusations out there, check for facts first. I can VERIFY my comments, can you?

QUOTE(ProtegeofDrDRe @ Feb 17 2007 - 10:32 PM) 826376848[/snapback]and as for the posts about Brown in McNairy... its funny to me how you talk of such increased success that could of been, if this is so why when coach Brown left has McNairy constantly been in the cellar? just a thought

It's called not having the talent. If you don't believe this, just ask some of the fans from Bolivar, Chester Co., and Adamsville about the difference in talent at McNairy from the 80s to mid 90s. Trust me, the success didn't leave because he left as coach. The success didn't happened because McNairy had a big drop off in talent.