Union City Scores 130 in win vs Trenton

Had 97 at the end of three. Refs called it really tight the first half. It seemed like it would never get over.

UC will be tough to beat if they keep playing this way. They were really impressive to watch.

The last shot of the game by a UC reserve was a "jumper" from beyond half court, which hit nothing but nylon.

Final score 130-93.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(3153 @ Feb 17 2007 - 10:21 PM) 826376911[/snapback]

Had 97 at the end of three. Refs called it really tight the first half. It seemed like it would never get over.

UC will be tough to beat if they keep playing this way. They were really impressive to watch.

The last shot of the game by a UC reserve was a "jumper" from beyond half court, which hit nothing but nylon.

Final score 130-93.

130 points in a high school ballgame 223 points you gotta be kidding me. I would like to see these kids play . Not against Cloudland though.

QUOTE(3153 @ Feb 17 2007 - 09:21 PM) 826376911[/snapback]

Final score 130-93.

Congratulations to the UC Tornadoes. I wonder if the 130 points by one team is a record in tournament play. I bet the 223 points by two teams in tournament play is a record. How many three's were hit by each team?

QUOTE(foreveranole @ Feb 17 2007 - 09:31 PM) 826376924[/snapback]

130 points in a high school ballgame 223 points you gotta be kidding me. I would like to see these kids play . Not against Cloudland though.

You will get your chance most likely to see them play if you go to the 'Boro at the boys' state tournamnet. Fasten your seatbelt, though, and have plenty of snacks.

This marks the 8th game this season that UC has scored over 100.

After 31 games, they are now averaging over 92pts per game.

The thing that makes them so tough, is anybody on the team can flat out shoot. From opening tip till the game is over, it is absolute kaos. Full court defensive pressure with mutiple traps. The reason they are averaging so many pts. is because most teams are not able to get the ball past half court on them.

They play 5 guy's for about 2 minutes, then a fresh 5 comes in. This goes on for the whole game, unless there is a big lead like most nights and tonight.

There second five is just as talented as the starting five. Third group of five is right there also.

Very, very talented group of players that are extremely well coached.

QUOTE(3153 @ Feb 17 2007 - 10:08 PM) 826376999[/snapback]Don't know the exact stats on the threes. It did seem that the game was sloppy in the first half as the refs called it really tight. UC could never get into there game. They were indeed up by 20 at the half, but it was sloppy with a TON of fouls on both teams.

I was at this game tonight and was surprised that Trenton actually kept it close for a little bit...Union City is AWESOME...first time I've seen them this year...many of their reserves could probably start on many other single a teams...the jumper from beyond half court to end the game was WILD!!!! GOOD LUCK TO UC!!!

Trenton played with Union City for one quarter in their game at Union City...It was 29-27 after one in that game...The refs did call it very tight in the first half...Union City had 26 after one and 62 at half....97 after three then scored 33 in the fourth quarter with 4 freshman and two sophs playing the entire time....BJ Marshall hit the jumper at the buzzer and to me he actually looked to be leaning backwards...But it was a as pretty as any 20 foot shot you will ever see(Considering it was from beyond halfcourt)......BJ actually won the three point shooting contest at Poplar Bluff,Mo earlier in the year.....Union City has now scored 103,119 and 130 against Trenton this year..I picked UC to score 111 in the game and thought that was a little much considering it being a tourney game....Union City has now scored 100+ points in five of their last six games....And to all the middle and east Tennessee folks...NO...There was no defense played in the fourth quarter..Union City actually pulled out of the press midway thru the third quarter...Oh and by the way...I picked the score of the LC/Hum. game to be 71-69 Lake County....It was 70-69 LC...

QUOTE(GHvolrebel @ Feb 17 2007 - 09:54 PM) 826376970[/snapback]Congratulations to the UC Tornadoes. I wonder if the 130 points by one team is a record in tournament play. I bet the 223 points by two teams in tournament play is a record. How many three's were hit by each team?

Union City hit 21 threes..They were very impressive tonight...No Single A team would have beaten them tonight...

QUOTE(GHvolrebel @ Feb 17 2007 - 11:54 PM) 826376970[/snapback]Congratulations to the UC Tornadoes. I wonder if the 130 points by one team is a record in tournament play. I bet the 223 points by two teams in tournament play is a record. How many three's were hit by each team?

I don't know if they keep district tourney records...I did some checking statewide though......

Union City was way off as far as points in a game....In 1956 Loudon scored 197 points in a game....In 1945 Memphis Resurrection scored 192......

Union City was however close in three point shots made..The state record is held by Booker T Washington with 25....Clinton had 23 in a game and Cosby had 22 in a game...Union City hit 21 last nite....In the game that BTW hit 25...Taurean Moy hit 24 of them!!

I also saw another record that I imagine Union City has already broken this season.....Three point shots attempted in a season...Harding Academy chunked up 815 threes in 2004-2005....Union City easily averages 30 attempts a game and they have played 31 games thus far....Just that alone would put them at 930 attempts.....

By the way,how would you like to be the high school team that scores 93 points in a game against the defending state champions and current #1 team in the state AND STILL LOSE BY 37 POINTS???....