Greeneville VS Dobyns-Bennett

udave56

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 28 2007 - 11:36 PM) 826394292[/snapback]From the outside looking in...this was all and all a great game. Both teams played the hand that they were dealt and put it all on the line last night. Greeneville made a great run at it but simply ran out of time. Greeneville possessed a true sharp shooter in Wiggins but all of the smokin guns of the DB Indians was simply to much for he and his troops to overcome...this time. If the game was played over tomorrow it might be a different ending...but as it stands today, it is what it is and that is DB lives to play again this year and Greeneville will simply have to have a go at it next year. All of this misguided emotion and display of excuses and finger pointing from we adults does nothing but ruin the moment for the ones that this is really all about...and that is all of the players that compete on both sides. As dark as the day seems today...the sun will rise again for Greeneville. So if it is all the same to you guys...why don't we make an unprecedented statement on coacht and close this thread out by congratulating the the Greeneville players for a superb season and get behind the DB players that will move on to help represent Region 1 AAA for us all. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Well said. I second that motion lol...

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greenefan @ Mar 1 2007 - 06:22 AM) 826394492[/snapback]Great post. It is now time for all of us to unite and support the remaining NET teams.

Good idea If we cant go at least let us get behind the local guys. My team has been off for a few years so have been doing just that.

QUOTE(VolmanScott @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:16 PM) 826393929[/snapback]I'm on here the same reason you go onto different threads that don't concern D-B, because I can. Kinda like a D-B fan living in Colonial Heights, because they can.

you say colonial heights...my mail says kingsport /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 28 2007 - 11:36 PM) 826394292[/snapback]From the outside looking in...this was all and all a great game. Both teams played the hand that they were dealt and put it all on the line last night. Greeneville made a great run at it but simply ran out of time. Greeneville possessed a true sharp shooter in Wiggins but all of the smokin guns of the DB Indians was simply to much for he and his troops to overcome...this time. If the game was played over tomorrow it might be a different ending...but as it stands today, it is what it is and that is DB lives to play again this year and Greeneville will simply have to have a go at it next year. All of this misguided emotion and display of excuses and finger pointing from we adults does nothing but ruin the moment for the ones that this is really all about...and that is all of the players that compete on both sides. As dark as the day seems today...the sun will rise again for Greeneville. So if it is all the same to you guys...why don't we make an unprecedented statement on coacht and close this thread out by congratulating the the Greeneville players for a superb season and get behind the DB players that will move on to help represent Region 1 AAA for us all. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Why close this? It hasn't gotten nasty, and no one(besides Coach Duncan) has taken shots at the players. This thread built to 12 pages relatively quick, and there was lots of great discussion. Let it die on it's own, there is no sake to shut it down just for the sake of shutting it down.

Also, shutting the thread down or keeping it going has absolutely nothing to do with supporting the local teams. I can support DB or SH, and continue to read and post on here, can't I?

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Mar 1 2007 - 08:25 AM) 826394560[/snapback]you say colonial heights...my mail says kingsport /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Nuh uh, YOU said Colonial Heights. Don't make me sort through the South/D-B/leaf burning threads to find it either. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(VolmanScott @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:21 AM) 826394706[/snapback]Nuh uh, YOU said Colonial Heights. Don't make me sort through the South/D-B/leaf burning threads to find it either. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

all right...ya got me /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:33 AM) 826394736[/snapback]all right...ya got me /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

My God, we could be neighbors! Which side of the Fort do you live? McDonald's side or Pal's side? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(VolmanScott @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:38 AM) 826394746[/snapback]My God, we could be neighbors! Which side of the Fort do you live? McDonald's side or Pal's side? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I live on the McD's side of the tracks...maybe that's why Cap keeps calling me a clown /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

And No I don't work there /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(HShoopsfan @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:26 AM) 826394828[/snapback]You think the threads are good this year, you should have been around last year when they were talking about the leaf burning and CMO's dribbling skills in the South little theater... Waco keeps the humor alive that's for sure... whatever happened to thecull and thehubmaster???

TheCull made a guest appearance a couple of weeks back. I'm thinking he's a South grad but he was blasting the South boys pretty bad. I'm thinking he's a South grad who now teaches at another school. As for Waco, humor is about all you'll get from him. Never seen an informative post from him unless it's to inform everyone of how bad D-B's coaches are.

QUOTE(VolmanScott @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:50 AM) 826394876[/snapback]TheCull made a guest appearance a couple of weeks back. I'm thinking he's a South grad but he was blasting the South boys pretty bad. I'm thinking he's a South grad who now teaches at another school. As for Waco, humor is about all you'll get from him. Never seen an informative post from him unless it's to inform everyone of how bad D-B's coaches are.

HeHateMe