Wartburg @ UH

patthemanager

QUOTE(sportiemom @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:32 PM) 826401367[/snapback]You are so right ~ UH has the rudest and most obnoxious fans that I have ever been around. I am so glad that they got beat. Now you all know how we feel having to play them in two sports twice or three times a season. They don't have a football team cause if they did they wouldn't have enough healthy for a basketball team.

i heard they were this year bc i know some of the fans you are talking about so im not surprised(they are an embarassment to the school, and i apologize) but if you take previous years and compare it with the rest of the district it would be ridiculous to say that we had the worst fans. its still unfortunate to see woodacre leave without a state tournament trip. i guarantee hes poured out his heart and soul this season and worked harder than player out there cuz thats the person he is. as for wartburg, congratulations to them and good luck in the tourney.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(VikingFan9 @ Mar 5 2007 - 11:19 PM) 826401493[/snapback]what does wartburg have. it seems they upset a team who was heavily favored to beat them

I went to this game and pulled hardcore for Wartburg the whole way. I made a comment earlier on here about UH beating Wartburg easily. So, I am here to eat a little crow. I didn't realize how big Wartburg was inside. They have two good post players inside who are at least 6'6". THe play of Woodacre didn't help much either. I counted him at 2-12 from 3-point land in the game. Heck, he hit 4 in the first quarter against Cloudland. The Shannon kid played very good when he went insisde but he seemed to have a tendency to stand at the 3-point line and take bad shots. Winstead and #3 are really the ones, I believe, who won the game for Wartburg. Winstead kept getting rebound after rebound, blocking shots, and scoring inside. #3 (sorry, I dont know what his name is) played a heck of game. He seemed to just want it more than anyone else on the court. As for the UH fans and players, they acted just like they always do. It was really classy when they threw those bottle and cups of ice out on the floor. Real nice. Now everyone knows what District 1 has to put up with every year with those rich kids. But I am really glad that Wartburg beat them and if they play their game, they may make some noise in the Boro...

QUOTE(RedwallOutcast @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:35 PM) 826401522[/snapback]I went to this game and pulled hardcore for Wartburg the whole way. I made a comment earlier on here about UH beating Wartburg easily. So, I am here to eat a little crow. I didn't realize how big Wartburg was inside. They have two good post players inside who are at least 6'6". THe play of Woodacre didn't help much either. I counted him at 2-12 from 3-point land in the game. Heck, he hit 4 in the first quarter against Cloudland. The Shannon kid played very good when he went insisde but he seemed to have a tendency to stand at the 3-point line and take bad shots. Winstead and #3 are really the ones, I believe, who won the game for Wartburg. Winstead kept getting rebound after rebound, blocking shots, and scoring inside. #3 (sorry, I dont know what his name is) played a heck of game. He seemed to just want it more than anyone else on the court. As for the UH fans and players, they acted just like they always do. It was really classy when they threw those bottle and cups of ice out on the floor. Real nice. Now everyone knows what District 1 has to put up with every year with those rich kids. But I am really glad that Wartburg beat them and if they play their game, they may make some noise in the Boro...

First congrats to Wartburg,although I dont know much about your team but i do know about Humboldt. They have 3 or 4 guards who can play and have been shooting really well lately. They also have 2 MEN inside with Sain and Epperson. good luck to both teams although i have to pull for 14a.

QUOTE(NB #9 @ Mar 5 2007 - 11:45 PM) 826401538[/snapback]First congrats to Wartburg,although I dont know much about your team but i do know about Humboldt. They have 3 or 4 guards who can play and have been shooting really well lately. They also have 2 MEN inside with Sain and Epperson. good luck to both teams although i have to pull for 14a.

I am not from Wartburg. I was just at the game to see UH get sent to the house...

QUOTE(RedwallOutcast @ Mar 5 2007 - 11:32 PM) 826401641[/snapback]I am not from Wartburg. I was just at the game to see UH get sent to the house...

I am not from Humboldt I just saw them play quite a bit. I was just saying what type of team they have. I hope it is a great game in the boro.

I know everyone talked about UH, but the folks down here that were familiar with both teams kept telling me that there was no way they could match up with Wartburg's size. Now Winstead (54) has been known to get in foul trouble and that hurts the Bulldogs, but when they're both (Shannon and Winstead) on the court they create so much trouble, either on the boards, swatting shots or simply lobbing it up high to whichever has the biggest mismatch. Plus Wartburg has a lot of good shooters and penetrators. They can score a lot of points in a lot of ways.

RedWall...It's nice to see some people get on here to eat some crow. Thanks for that..it really shows some class! Now I'm still waiting for BUCYOU or whatever his name is to get on here and quit whining about referee's and talk about how Wartburg's pressure defense wore #21 down.

Congrats to the DOGS!!!!!!

QUOTE(sportiemom @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:32 PM) 826401367[/snapback]You are so right ~ UH has the rudest and most obnoxious fans that I have ever been around. I am so glad that they got beat. Now you all know how we feel having to play them in two sports twice or three times a season. They don't have a football team cause if they did they wouldn't have enough healthy for a basketball team.

Is it the fans or the players you have a problem with? The coaches/players seem fine.

Hey AJ98,

BUCYOU is probably too depressed to come out and play today! He seemed like he knew an awful lot about ball. Maybe he needs to get some of that knowledge and discipline training! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

The boys are in the boro! Now lets see if we can get something done down there!

GO DOGS