GLEASON VS JACKSON COUNTY!

jamieroper

You talk as if Hudson is all that Gleason has. People need to remember the other four girls that are on the floor. When a team attempts to shut Kayla down, the other girls seem to step it up and score the points. Gleason is a very unselfish team that is happy to share the ball. That is a major key to a championship team. Not to mention that Coach Frazier has not had to call any plays for his team to score. The other coaches that are at the tournament have no idea what he has up his sleeve when it comes to plays. You can't dismiss a team that comes into the tournament with the best regular season record or that in the first round defeats the defending state champions 53 to 28. Forrest was only able to pull out 4 points in the first half, and you talk about defense. HA!

Now for the subject of enrollment. Gleason may have a very small enrollment, but look at their cheering section. Not to mention that the superintentant of weakley county schools would not let school out for the game. When Gleason girls go to state the entire town shuts down and goes to the game. Now that is support! That alone can give a team the energy to pull off any win.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(statstracker @ Mar 9 2007 - 12:01 PM) 826406052[/snapback]You talk as if Hudson is all that Gleason has. People need to remember the other four girls that are on the floor. When a team attempts to shut Kayla down, the other girls seem to step it up and score the points. Gleason is a very unselfish team that is happy to share the ball. That is a major key to a championship team. Not to mention that Coach Frazier has not had to call any plays for his team to score. The other coaches that are at the tournament have no idea what he has up his sleeve when it comes to plays. You can't dismiss a team that comes into the tournament with the best regular season record or that in the first round defeats the defending state champions 53 to 28. Forrest was only able to pull out 4 points in the first half, and you talk about defense. HA!

Now for the subject of enrollment. Gleason may have a very small enrollment, but look at their cheering section. Not to mention that the superintentant of weakley county schools would not let school out for the game. When Gleason girls go to state the entire town shuts down and goes to the game. Now that is support! That alone can give a team the energy to pull off any win.

I'm not saying Hudson is all they've got, but there is no denying that she is the dominant player responsible for more than 50% of their offensive production this season. JC is more balanced. I suspect that they will focus defensively on Hudson (double or triple team) and make someone else beat them, and if someone else steps it up, Gleason will likely win. Or, Hudson may be so good that it doesn't matter and have big game anyway (big time players often do that in big time games, i.e. anybody see what Big Baby did to the Vols yesterday) in which case, Gleason will likely win. However, if I'm Jim Brown I roll the dice and focus on stopping Hudson. Enough of strategy however. I am just the humble spectator. I think we all agree that both of these coaches are great coaches, in the end though, as someone already stated, it comes down to the players being able to execute and get it done. That's the big question, as a JC fan, I take comfort that we've been there last year in crunch time, and know what it feels like. Experience is very valuable.

And yes, I'm sure it well seem as though the entire town of Gleason has rolled up the sidewalks, shut down the town, and drove East to Murfreesboro. Let me let you in on something......I've NEVER been to a game at the 'Boro involving a small town team, Boys or Girls where I didn't think "Dang, it looks like they've rolled up the sidewalks, shut down the entire town, and come to the game." It will seem like the entire counties of Weakley and Jackson (Gainesboro) are there. As it will seem like 1/2 of Anderson County will be there for Oliver Springs, all of Overton county and the entire town of Lewsiburg for LA/Marshall Co. The ENTIRE town of Baxter for Upperman, and I suspect Riverdale will have a massive hometown crowd a little later on as well.....

Ahh...March....tournament time.....JC playing at 12:30 and the 'Dores at 2:30, and me stuck at work.....good thing I've got access to a computer /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Well last time JC won a silver ball they went on to win 3 straight gold ones...For the sake of the other teams in 7a who hasn't won one, let up and let us win one.. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ...Well at the begginning of the year I never thought i'd see JC playing for a chance to go to another state championship...You had one team who finished with 30+ wins and another with 25+ wins out of this district and their the ones sitting at the house watching...Well good luck to both teams, should be a great game and i'll be rooting for JC and hope they make bring a gold or silver ball back to 7a...

QUOTE(devilfanatic @ Mar 9 2007 - 07:39 AM) 826405901[/snapback]Hey i know the feeling, as a coach of boys basketball i'm sitting at home with you! I am sure that this will be a good game and this team from Gleason from all that i hear is the real deal. They are definitely not one dimensional and you dont go 35-1 or whatever their record is and not be a great team. Jackson Co. will definitely have to bring their "A" game to be able to play with this team thats for sure. Before the season many buried the Lady Blue Devils after losing the big 6'9 girl to Smith Co. Saying there was no way they could get back to the buro' or even get out of the district, after such a huge loss. Now as everyone knows there was alot more talent on this team than anyone realized and it just goes to show you what determination and great coaching can do. Win, lose or draw these Ladies from Jackson County have given new definition to "team work" thats for sure! Forrest wore the "Cinderella Slipper" last year, could it be JC's turn to see if it fits this year? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Could not have said it better.

Gleason is not a one man team. Them there girls can flat shoot the ball.

And I saw a little fire in the Jackson County this summer and thought this may happen. Them girls do not have any quit in them.

Good luck today.

I don't have a dog in this fight but I saw an earlier post about defense and which teams was better...

How about Gleason only giving up 22 pts, and not allowing over 9 points in a quarter, only 5 in the 2nd and 3rd combined, and holding Jackson Co to 25% shooting while shooting 58% itself. Hum........

QUOTE(jvaughan @ Mar 9 2007 - 02:04 PM) 826406379[/snapback]I don't have a dog in this fight but I saw an earlier post about defense and which teams was better...

How about Gleason only giving up 22 pts, and not allowing over 9 points in a quarter, only 5 in the 2nd and 3rd combined, and holding Jackson Co to 25% shooting while shooting 58% itself. Hum........

Gleason is for real. As a Clarkrange fan, however, I can say that I have nothing but the utmost respect for Jackson County and Coach Brown. His teams are always gritty and play with more heart than most. It is a war in 7A every year with C'range, JC, RBS, and Clay County beating each other up all during the season. It's like the Rocky movies. Anyway, congrats to JC for a valiant effort this season and I look forward to all the showdowns next year. Just remember, Clarkrange has 17 state tourney appearances and 7 state championships, the most in Class A history (just had to throw that out there, ha ha). This year though, it looks like Gleason is THE team.

QUOTE(Buffalo Fan @ Mar 9 2007 - 02:21 PM) 826406391[/snapback]Gleason is for real. As a Clarkrange fan, however, I can say that I have nothing but the utmost respect for Jackson County and Coach Brown. His teams are always gritty and play with more heart than most. It is a war in 7A every year with C'range, JC, RBS, and Clay County beating each other up all during the season. It's like the Rocky movies. Anyway, congrats to JC for a valiant effort this season and I look forward to all the showdowns next year. Just remember, Clarkrange has 17 state tourney appearances and 7 state championships, the most in Class A history (just had to throw that out there, ha ha). This year though, it looks like Gleason is THE team.

I believe they still have to play Oliver Springs. Or did Oliver Spring run home scared? NO, they are waiting. Oliver Springs will beat Gleason by 15. Count on it.