GLEASON VS JACKSON COUNTY!

jamieroper

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Upperman's schedule, Jackson Co. came within 10 of Upperman. The other two games were 22 and 20. I know they didn't beat Livingston according to the schedules, so what AA semi-final team did they beat this year? It would be nice if people would stop making up stuff and get their facts straight.

The game will be played tomorrow and we will find out which team is better. Gleason has an impressive resume this season, Jackson Counties schedule is probably the worst in the tournament, but they have one thing that a lot of other teams do not..they expect to win when they get to the Boro, not to say that other teams do not, but most teams the first year or two are just happy to be there. This time of year you can throw records out the window, it comes down to coaching and what type of players you have.

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Mar 8 2007 - 05:54 PM) 826405311[/snapback]How much bigger would JC have to get to go back up to 2A. How much smaller would Gleason have to get to drop down to D2

Gleason? D2? What!?

coach15, Uh... Regarding your little comment, if you are referring to Gleason, we've been there more than a "year or two."

QUOTE(goo goo cluster @ Mar 8 2007 - 04:31 PM) 826404942[/snapback]I assure you Coaching is a huge advantage for Jackson Co. Gleason seems to have more talent. I expect this to be a really good game. It's a tossup but I am for the Lady Blue Devils.

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Mar 8 2007 - 04:37 PM) 826404961[/snapback]I can assure you that Randy Frazier can coach with anybody in the state.

Please understand I do not mean any disrespect to coach Frasier. I just think that Jim brown is THE best matchup coach in the state not just A. I think Gleason certainly has the capabilities to win this game but Coach brown may find a way to pull a rabbitt out of his hat.

Everybody has an opinion about the "best coach". Does it really even matter?

The main difference in 7A and 7AA ball and west TN ball is this: Upper Cumberland area teams actually pull for each other, and that is more rare in west TN. There was actually a stink last year in west TN towns about a team that went to the 'Boro, because someone else didn't go. Now, is it everyone that makes the stink, no....but west TN teams do not stick together like upper cumberland teams.

When someone is a top, everyone is gunning for them, and it makes their year to beat those top teams. Gleason and Jackson Co fall into this category, and are well deserving of being in the state semis! Good luck to both squads!

BOO

[/quot

Please understand I I do not mean any disrespect to Coach Brown but Randy Frazier is the best coach in the state in any classification. The guy can coach.

Jim Brown's record at Boro 17-2

Randy Frazier record at Boro 8-6

Greenfield coaches at Boro - we are not going to talk about it.

I think both are good coaches, don't you Gleasonfan? When are you going to change your screen name? If you are tired of looking at houses in Gleason, they are cheaper in Palmersville (a kid can still go to Gleason school) and it is better deer hunting. HA! HA! I know deer hunting is terrible in Greenfield - "go northeast son!" On second thought, it is better basketball in the northeast.

DEDICATED TO THE MEMORIES OF THE PALMERSVILLE PIRATES!!

QUOTE(palmersville @ Mar 8 2007 - 10:31 PM) 826405730[/snapback][/quot

Please understand I I do not mean any disrespect to Coach Brown but Randy Frazier is the best coach in the state in any classification. The guy can coach.

Jim Brown's record at Boro 17-2

Randy Frazier record at Boro 8-6

Greenfield coaches at Boro - we are not going to talk about it.

I think both are good coaches, don't you Gleasonfan? When are you going to change your screen name? If you are tired of looking at houses in Gleason, they are cheaper in Palmersville (a kid can still go to Gleason school) and it is better deer hunting. HA! HA! I know deer hunting is terrible in Greenfield - "go northeast son!" On second thought, it is better basketball in the northeast.

DEDICATED TO THE MEMORIES OF THE PALMERSVILLE PIRATES!!

1986: 1-1

2006: 0-1

2026: ????? /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Are you sure that Coach Frazier's record is 8-6? I thought it was probably even higher than that.....although that is pretty GOOD!!!

Greenfieldfan has yet to get a real estate agent...property doesn't sell real fast in greenfield /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />