GLEASON VS JACKSON COUNTY!

jamieroper

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so excited to see this game! I too wish it was the Finals.... the bad part is that only 1 team can move on to the next round. I do not believe that it is going to be like the game against Forrest. It is going to be a nail biter. Hats off to Jackson County and their coach, but I know the will and determination of Coach Frazier, and he is not going to just hand the game over to JC, if they win it, they are gonna have to bring their A game. Gleason is tough and has lots of HEART and that is something that you can not measure with a win % or tourney wins or even gold balls..... the girls will be ready to play and regardless what happens, they will leave it on the floor. Gleason is very proud of these young ladies and regardless of the outcome, we will be there cheering them on forever. They have proven to be one of the greatest teams in class A and most of the people wrote them off before we ever got into the Regional tourneys, but we must be doing something right now, we have made it this far! Good Luck Girls we love you!!

QUOTE(westtennsports @ Mar 8 2007 - 01:54 PM) 826405007[/snapback]Can I get an "amen"?

Oh yeah westtennsports AMEN!!!

First let me say from a Jackson Co fan; HUDSON IS CLASS A MISS BASKETBALL 2007 if she is not it will be a terrible injustice of this award, Andrews and Leonard are worthy nominees and their day will come.

We are talking about 2 storied programs here and they did not get that way without a lot of hard work and dedication.

I don't personally know Randy Frazier, but I have friends that do and they have the utmost respect for him as a person and coach; that is good enough for me.

I personally know Jim Brown and I have the utmost respect for him as a person and coach.

Now all these 2 men can do is try and guide their team to a win, but it is really in the girls hands.

I know who I want to win and all I can do is be there in support and enjoy every minute of it

Greenfieldfan, you are welcome to set beside me tommorrow? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Looks like the Gleason fans are taking a page out of Devilfanatics page book from last year. Arrogance and all. Makes it easy to pull against them. A recommendation, do not lose. With your attitude, you will deserve what you get.

You need to look up the word HUMBLE in the dictionary.

As far as the winning percentage of the coach, who gives a crap? My coaches winning percentage on 3rd Saturday after blue moons is .945. You know what I think about that, who gives a crap?

How many state championships has he won? Anyone can beat up the ladies of the poor and build a great winning percentage. I will wait for the response. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You really don't even bother to look up stats before you open your mouth, do you? He's won 2 and has one runner-up. He does have a very good winning percentage against very tough competition. I don't have a dog in this fight, but the Gleason fans have stated nothing that the Jackson Co. fans haven't stated. Both fans think they're gonna win and both think their coaches are awesome, which they are. No one is being prideful, just spirited...ya know like all good fans should be??

Sportswizard,

most of the posts that I have read from Gleason fans are more than humble. We are aware of the fact that we are small, but that is why we play the game, we want that gold ball as much as anyone in the state. It is great to have gotten as far as we have, it would have been easy to lay down and lose any of the games that we were not supposed to win. I agree about the win % part, that does not matter, what matters is when the buzzer goes off in the 4th quarter all players are in good shape. We do not want any player to get hurt doing something they love... We are a humble town with humble players, wish you could spend 15 minutes in Gleason with the likes of Coach Frazier, Kayla Hudson, her family, Candice Green, Taylor Stout, Kim Edenfield, Jenna Frazier, Kim Reynolds.... the list goes on. These folks are class acts, you would be pulling for Gleason in the games too... Good luck Sports Wizard hope the team you root for does good too.

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Mar 8 2007 - 04:52 PM) 826405243[/snapback]Jackson County (494) largest enrollment of any Class A teams in the state vs Little ole Gleason enrollment (166).

Goliath vs David.

The almighty District 7A team vsOne of those weak West Tennessee teams

Jim Brown vs Randy Frazier

If I was a betting man, I'll put my money on the Gleason Bulldogs.

How much bigger would JC have to get to go back up to 2A. How much smaller would Gleason have to get to drop down to D2

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Mar 8 2007 - 10:49 AM) 826404663[/snapback]People have been trying to shut Kayla down all year and it hasnt happened. If you double team her she will find the open girl. Some nights she will have 10 assists. Kayla doesnt care if she scores a point as long as Gleason wins. Did anyone notice how Kayla makes everyone around her better. Noone works harder on or off the floor than Kayla Hudson, if anyone ever deserved Miss Basketball Kayla does.

The problem with your analogy is there won't BE anyone open for her to throw it to! You talk about playing defense? No one plays better defense than Jackson Co. Now there is no question that Gleason has a very good team and even pretty much buried the girls from Jackson Co. including the so called "top ten" people on here, but there will be a game played tomorrow afternoon and i promise you Jackson Co. will be there! We've faced teams from west tn with 35-0 and 36-1 and 34-0 records many times before so its not like they are scared or anthing. They played and beat one of the two semi finalists in AA already this year and came within 2 of Upperman so i don't Gleason will be anything that Jackson Co. can't handle. So in the end i see it as a close game but Jackson Co. pulls it out on a Dyer 3 from half court!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(SportsWizard @ Mar 8 2007 - 05:29 PM) 826405285[/snapback]Looks like the Gleason fans are taking a page out of Devilfanatics page book from last year. Arrogance and all. Makes it easy to pull against them. A recommendation, do not lose. With your attitude, you will deserve what you get.

You need to look up the word HUMBLE in the dictionary.

As far as the winning percentage of the coach, who gives a crap? My coaches winning percentage on 3rd Saturday after blue moons is .945. You know what I think about that, who gives a crap?

How many state championships has he won? Anyone can beat up the ladies of the poor and build a great winning percentage. I will wait for the response. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Seriously, what are you talking about?

QUOTE(devilfanatic @ Mar 8 2007 - 06:36 PM) 826405351[/snapback]The problem with your analogy is there won't BE anyone open for her to throw it to! You talk about playing defense? No one plays better defense than Jackson Co. Now there is no question that Gleason has a very good team and even pretty much buried the girls from Jackson Co. including the so called "top ten" people on here, but there will be a game played tomorrow afternoon and i promise you Jackson Co. will be there! We've faced teams from west tn with 35-0 and 36-1 and 34-0 records many times before so its not like they are scared or anthing. They played and beat one of the two semi finalists in AA already this year and came within 2 of Upperman so i don't Gleason will be anything that Jackson Co. can't handle. So in the end i see it as a close game but Jackson Co. pulls it out on a Dyer 3 from half court!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Hey Devil, where have you been? Your team is proving everyone wrong and kicking butt. Glad you are finally speaking out. I have had the pleasure of meeting some of your JC fans. 7AWatcher, Jimbo, and some others. Can't say I am unhappy to have missed you.. HA HA HA HA HA /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Just kidding.

Good luck to your team, devil. They are representing Jackson County well. Wish I could say we were there playing against you. But we are sitting home for the holidays.