GLEASON VS JACKSON COUNTY!

jamieroper

QUOTE(10teamdistrictisajoke @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:35 PM) 826409520[/snapback]We're glad you are proud of Palmersville...I just have a pretty good idea of who you are and have kept up with your posts pretty well. I've gathered over the last year or so from your posts that you are a Gleason supporter but not a very big Kayla Hudson fan. I was very interested to see what you would say after the way Kayla played this week and after we won and wasn't very surprised that you hadn't responded at all. I just know there are certain circles of people that want others to believe that they wanted us to win it all but deep down wanted to see this years team, and Kayla fail. If you're not in that circle of people, I apologize, but I have just always gotten that vibe from you.

Sorry you feel that way! You have drawn some false assumptions which is always a dangerous thing to do. Kayla is/was the best player in Class A Basketball this year. She deserved it! If you remember, I predicted that Kayla would win Miss Basketball. I did say that the Leonard girl had scored over a 1,000 points and is a freshman. I did say I didn't think they would give it to a freshman. As a matter of fact I do not think a freshman would or should for that matter even be nominated for Miss Basketball. Also, the Andrews girl from Collinwood is a good player, but Gleason beat Collinwood - I think that would give Kayla an edge. Sorry, you took that comment the wrong way! I did not have to comment because what Kayla did on the court this year and at the tourament speaks for itself. MVP - Miss Basketball and a gold ball. What more can I say! Those accomplishments speak for themselves. There is nothing more I can say! Who wouldn't love to win just one of those awards? She won all 3. That is remarkable!

DEDICATED TO THE MEMORIES OF THE PALMERSVILLE PIRATES!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(milan57 @ Mar 12 2007 - 09:36 PM) 826409635[/snapback]I don't know sam jones, greenfield man, west tn..., or anybody else that posts on Coach t. But I do know Anna very well and she's a GREAT basketball player from McKenzie. I have read some of these posts and some of you don't know anything that you're trying to talk about. Anna has scored over 2150 pts in her high school career which would be a record at a lot of schools including McKenzie. We are not as fortunate as some places to have a team with lots of depth. But I guarantee you she is a team player who is humble and just wants to play the game. Ask any coach around that we've played and they all speak highly of her ability. To the Gleason guys who were posting-Anna had over 20 points against your starters and stole the ball 2 or 3 times and scored when you were trying to hold the ball on offense. Yes, Kayla and Riley and the other girls on Gleason are very good ball players and I have the greatest respect for Coach Frazier. But I am losing respect for some of the gleason fans because of your conversations. And let me say for the record, good luck to Kayla at Union. She wanted to stay close to home and so did Anna. Family, friends and her church were the main reasons she chose to stay close. Bethel might suprise some of you doubters next year. They have recruited several top notch players from the area including my daughter. Last but not least, lots of things were in the newspapers regarding Anna and her achievements but nobody we know put those articles in the paper. Nor did Anna know that they would stop the game and make a big deal over her 2,000 pts. But you know what ?? It is a big deal!!But she would also trade it for wins for her team but that just didn't happen. I hope this settles issues that some of you had about my child. I am glad she doesn't care anything about the gossip on Coach t. And if you check the Mck. papers you'll find lots of articles on Kayla and her team. I don't think she had those put in the paper either. Oh by the way--Have a great day!

She scored 2150 points and played 4 quarters most nights her whole career. People like Kayla Hudson and Ashley Mac spent the majority of their careers sitting on the bench in the second half because they were beating people so badly. I remember watching Anna come to Gleason last year and having 5 or 6 points when Gleason embarassed Mckenzie and when Gleason subbed Anna stayed in and got her double digit points on a Gleason 8th grader. It's nothing against your daughter personally it just rubs Gleason people the wrong way when we here stories in Gleason that the only thing people in Mckenzie were worried about this year was Anna breaking Ashley Mac's scoring record. (which like I said earlier wouldn't have even been close if Mac had gotten to play 4 quarters every night). We also hear stories in Gleason from other Mckenzie fans that "certain people" in the crowd choose to yell all the time for Anna to shoot and even run down some of her teammates. You say she would trade all the personal accomplishments and recognition for the wins but i'm not so sure about that. If she had played at Gleason she would have scored around 1200 career points and none of the "crowd coaching" would have been tolerated.

QUOTE(10teamdistrictisajoke @ Mar 12 2007 - 11:26 PM) 826409719[/snapback]She scored 2150 points and played 4 quarters most nights her whole career. People like Kayla Hudson and Ashley Mac spent the majority of their careers sitting on the bench in the second half because they were beating people so badly. I remember watching Anna come to Gleason last year and having 5 or 6 points when Gleason embarassed Mckenzie and when Gleason subbed Anna stayed in and got her double digit points on a Gleason 8th grader. It's nothing against your daughter personally it just rubs Gleason people the wrong way when we here stories in Gleason that the only thing people in Mckenzie were worried about this year was Anna breaking Ashley Mac's scoring record. (which like I said earlier wouldn't have even been close if Mac had gotten to play 4 quarters every night). We also hear stories in Gleason from other Mckenzie fans that "certain people" in the game choose to yell all the time for Anna to shoot and even run down some of her teammates. You say she would trade all the personal accomplishments and recognition for the wins but i'm not so sure about that. If she had played at Gleason she would have scored around 1200 career points and none of the "crowd coaching" would have been tolerated.

I didn't realize that you have been to all of Anna's games to analyze her high school career. Sounds like there was some jealousy on your part. Who had a clue that people were comparing her to breaking Ashleys record. I sure never said or thought a thing about that cause I didn't even know she had the record or what it was. I'm not going to defend every game of hers to you but I will tell you when we played you last year was probably THE worst game for her. She was very nervous about knowing before hand that a D1 scout was there watching her. Go figure. Not an excuse, just a fact. Were you there when we played AA and she scored double digits most of the time against teams like Lexington, Milan and others(when their starters were STILL in the game!) Oh and yeah, ask your own coaches in your district. Their STARTERS didnt stop her. No one can diminish the great career she has had and will have the next 4 years. A recruiter from the Lady Vols came and scouted her more than once. Sounds like she's a ball player. Anna will be like some of the players you might know. She has every bit of her education paid for doing what she loves, living 5 minutes away from home, and then she'll get a job just like you and me. Oh, and I forgot, Anna's points came from 9th grade through 12th. She didn't get to count her 8th grade year since we have a separate middle school and high school. That might help even things out in your mind. This is my last post because my child doesn

t need me to defend her and I hope that if you have a kid that plays ball you'll think twice about telling things that you don't know first hand. Gossip is a waste of time.

Anna took more shots than either Ashley or Kayla I can promise you that without even looking at stats. I just thinks its sad when I look at all your old posts from 4 years ago that you knew every stat she ever had. Like how many points she scored her 8th grade year. Its parents like that that start when their kids are 12 or so keeping their personal stats at every scrimmage and junior high games that set a mindset for an entire team. I can promise you that you would have never caught the Hudson's or McElhiney's keeping stats from the stands. The only stat they cared about was the final score. Likd I said earlier, this is not against Anna personally because she wasn't the one on here for the last 4 years building herself up and asking questions like "where will she sign?" like everyone didn't know who you were. Answer this question for me honestly since you seemed pretty upset that Anna never got consideration like Kayla for things such as Miss Basketball... Do you believe that Gleason would have won the Gold Ball if you put Anna in Kayla or Ashley's place this year or 99? Not a chance! I hope the next 4 years for Anna's TEAMS are much more successful than her last 4

I know the coach for Bethel, where Anna signed, and trust me no one on that team is worried about their individual stats. They are all unselfish and only care about the final score on the board. Coach Nelson is not going to bring anyone into that program that does not have the same outlook. Those girls are a close team that seems almost like a family at times. NO one person is the team, but the team can not function without every single person. That is the way it should be. I think that Anna will fit in just fine and I look foward to seeing her play for 4 more years. Trust me, Bethel will be successful, I would bet on it.

QUOTE(devilfanatic @ Mar 10 2007 - 12:07 PM) 826407274[/snapback]What are you talking about you idiot? I congratulated them on their victory. They were the better team no doubt about it. Why are you getting on here putting down the girls from Jackson Co. and saying they looked like a jr high team? Gleason has a very good team no question about it but don't put down our girls just because they got beat in the semi's of the state tournament! Heck they weren't even suppose to make it out of the district after losing the 6'9 girl to Smith Co. This team has nothing to hang its head about i can assure you of that. They definitely achieved something no one thought they could this year. Its idiots like you that show your ignorance by putting down the kids that play the game that really get to me. No you're not a Gleason fan you're a Jackson County basher and always have been. You should be ashamed of yourself thats for sure! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I hate to agree with you. But no one, except Hay Burner, could have picked the lady Blue Devils to make it pass the Sub-state. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Paige Sevier graduates. Good luck to her.

Don't be surprised, when the Lady Blue Devils knock on the door to the

"boro" next year. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

QUOTE(devilfanatic @ Mar 12 2007 - 06:39 PM) 826409398[/snapback]If you know me you know i would never say anything negative about a child especially one of our own. I too hope she is back playing next year as i have watched her play since she could bounce a ball in jr.pro at the elementary school and she is a good player as well as a fine young lady not to mention a good student! Rest assured that i have not nor would i ever say something that would even be slightly misconstrued as anything negative. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Oh, I don't doubt your integrity in the least, its others I'm concerned about, and this could easily be turned into a (deep) subject. Sorry if I sounded rude, just heard the little girl is becoming embarressed about this coach t talk, never has been one to like attention.

QUOTE(happyvalentinesday @ Mar 12 2007 - 11:54 PM) 826409834[/snapback]Oh, I don't doubt your integrity in the least, its others I'm concerned about, and this could easily be turned into a (deep) subject. Sorry if I sounded rude, just heard the little girl is becoming embarressed about this coach t talk, never has been one to like attention.

Muffin was just curious and i can assure you he is not one to spread gossip its the other ones on here that we are all concerned about. Hopefully we will all see her back on the court where she belongs next year but if not then thats ok too! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(milan57 @ Mar 12 2007 - 09:36 PM) 826409635[/snapback]I don't know sam jones, greenfield man, west tn..., or anybody else that posts on Coach t. But I do know Anna very well and she's a GREAT basketball player from McKenzie. I have read some of these posts and some of you don't know anything that you're trying to talk about. Anna has scored over 2150 pts in her high school career which would be a record at a lot of schools including McKenzie. We are not as fortunate as some places to have a team with lots of depth. But I guarantee you she is a team player who is humble and just wants to play the game. Ask any coach around that we've played and they all speak highly of her ability. To the Gleason guys who were posting-Anna had over 20 points against your starters and stole the ball 2 or 3 times and scored when you were trying to hold the ball on offense. Yes, Kayla and Riley and the other girls on Gleason are very good ball players and I have the greatest respect for Coach Frazier. But I am losing respect for some of the gleason fans because of your conversations. And let me say for the record, good luck to Kayla at Union. She wanted to stay close to home and so did Anna. Family, friends and her church were the main reasons she chose to stay close. Bethel might suprise some of you doubters next year. They have recruited several top notch players from the area including my daughter. Last but not least, lots of things were in the newspapers regarding Anna and her achievements but nobody we know put those articles in the paper. Nor did Anna know that they would stop the game and make a big deal over her 2,000 pts. But you know what ?? It is a big deal!!But she would also trade it for wins for her team but that just didn't happen. I hope this settles issues that some of you had about my child. I am glad she doesn't care anything about the gossip on Coach t. And if you check the Mck. papers you'll find lots of articles on Kayla and her team. I don't think she had those put in the paper either. Oh by the way--Have a great day!

I dont even know Anna Trull but it kills me for a parent to get on Coach T and try and build up his or her daughter. Anna may ba a great player but if she is then colleges will find her and recognition will come her way. I've never heard of Anna so I doubt that UT is recruiting her like mama or daddy says. I bet you are embarassing Anna by posting on Coach T. I know you are proud of her but get a life.

QUOTE(10teamdistrictisajoke @ Mar 13 2007 - 09:12 AM) 826410022[/snapback]Devilfan, I'm trying to figure out how to send you a PM but I keep getting an error message. Any suggestions?

become a plus member........surely with all that gold, you can spend the $12 /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(10teamdistrictisajoke @ Mar 13 2007 - 08:12 AM) 826410022[/snapback]Devilfan, I'm trying to figure out how to send you a PM but I keep getting an error message. Any suggestions?

You have to be a plus member to do that. Its only 12$ a year and well worth it i might as as you can comment on any subject at anytime during the year. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />