Class A State Championship

OS91

QUOTE(RCSportsStringer @ Mar 14 2007 - 01:38 PM) 826411700[/snapback]All I'm going to say is if Gleason wants to play GUTLESS 1920's "Stall Ball" to win a championship, then they can have the state title as far as I'm concerned. The only good thing that can come out of this is that next year the TSSAA hopefully uses a shot clock for the state tournament games. That's the only opinion I have on the game.

That said, I hope the Lady 'Cats keep their heads up because they had a heck of a season and all of Roane Co. is proud of them. They may not have got the gold ball, but they're still champions to the people in this area.

You and OS91 need to get together and have a good cry in PRIVATE and quit embarassing everyone in your community with all your excuses and hate filled statements. Every high school in the state has run time off the clock in the 4th quarter trying to preserve a lead. Get over it. Start a career in country music if you want to be Entertainer of the Year. Your last statement is dead on. You should be proud. Maybe you need to take lessons from those girls, I bet they could teach you some class. Calling a 37-1 State Champion Team GUTLESS shows your IQ. You should be ashamed!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give Gleason some credit. They didn't want to continue shooting the ball and score lots of points. They just finished embarrassing the first two teams winning by 25 & 28pts. They were trying to keep the game close so OS looked like they actually deserved to be in the title game with a team as Great as Gleason. If our girls had continued shooting, we be reading about how are girls had the game won and continued to run the score up. Get a life, be proud of the OS girls, and the silver ball..

QUOTE(goosevol @ Mar 14 2007 - 10:57 PM) 826412403[/snapback]I lied I'll post once more. I'll admit the strategy was sound and it worked. Gleason's coach is a great coach.

But at any level, jr. pro, middle school, high school, college (with or without a shot clock) I want a coach that tells his/her kids to go get 'em or like in Remember the Titans "Leave No Doubt". That's just what I believe in.

There was no doubt. I am not from Gleason, but can tell you with no hesitation they were the best team in the state. I saw them play several times and as 10teamdistrict said, when they get a lead on you in the 4th quarter go ahead and chalk it up as a loss. They are the most fundamental team i have seen in a long time. As for the shot clock remark, be glad there wasn't one because you would of got beat by more than 10.

Where are all those 7A teams that were going to be playing each other in the State Championship?

7A, You werent very good this year. If you had to play anybody in the substate then you wouldnt have made it to Boro in any of the last few years. But be glad you dont have to play 6A teams to get to Boro.

Jackson County, 6 points in a half, thats not very good. Not even a 2 point basket in the game, thats not very good. Gleason held the ball for 5 minutes and you couldnt get the ball and whats funny is they could have beat you by 40.

but Jim Brown is the best coach in the state.

QUOTE(bulldawg-fan @ Mar 15 2007 - 05:45 AM) 826412513[/snapback]Give Gleason some credit. They didn't want to continue shooting the ball and score lots of points. They just finished embarrassing the first two teams winning by 25 & 28pts. They were trying to keep the game close so OS looked like they actually deserved to be in the title game with a team as Great as Gleason. If our girls had continued shooting, we be reading about how are girls had the game won and continued to run the score up. Get a life, be proud of the OS girls, and the silver ball.

I went to the game and to me thats just not championship game basketball. Yeah they did what they had to do to win the game and anybody would. I just didnt enjoy it as much as if they were actually playing instead of standing there with the ball in there hand. Now tonights boys game between Maryville and Clarksville in double overtime....thats a championship ballgame.... playing your guts out!!!! Congratualtions to the Maryville Rebels! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(Ballmom3434 @ Mar 17 2007 - 09:11 PM) 826415799[/snapback]I went to the game and to me thats just not championship game basketball. Yeah they did what they had to do to win the game and anybody would. I just didnt enjoy it as much as if they were actually playing instead of standing there with the ball in there hand. Now tonights boys game between Maryville and Clarksville in double overtime....thats a championship ballgame.... playing your guts out!!!! Congratualtions to the Maryville Rebels! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

It goes both ways. OS could have come out of zone and tried to guard a little. Put some blame on the team that didnt play to win, not the team that did.

QUOTE(Ballmom3434 @ Mar 17 2007 - 09:11 PM) 826415799[/snapback]I went to the game and to me thats just not championship game basketball. Yeah they did what they had to do to win the game and anybody would. I just didnt enjoy it as much as if they were actually playing instead of standing there with the ball in there hand. Now tonights boys game between Maryville and Clarksville in double overtime....thats a championship ballgame.... playing your guts out!!!! Congratualtions to the Maryville Rebels! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You need to learn to appreciate the art of basketball and the skills it takes to win and the strategies behind it.

QUOTE(patsummitt12 @ Mar 17 2007 - 05:44 PM) 826415539[/snapback]Where are all those 7A teams that were going to be playing each other in the State Championship?

7A, You werent very good this year. If you had to play anybody in the substate then you wouldnt have made it to Boro in any of the last few years. But be glad you dont have to play 6A teams to get to Boro.

Jackson County, 6 points in a half, thats not very good. Not even a 2 point basket in the game, thats not very good. Gleason held the ball for 5 minutes and you couldnt get the ball and whats funny is they could have beat you by 40.

but Jim Brown is the best coach in the state.

lol..I'm from the west but do you realize what East Tn girls basketball has done to West Tn basketball over the past few years excluding this year??? I'm glad Gleason won this year but I wouldn't go so far in rubbing it in like you are...7a,7aa are IMO some of the best teams in the state...this may have been a down year but they usually produce a whole lot more talent...CONGRATS TO GLEASON AGAIN!!!!

QUOTE(taterhead35 @ Mar 18 2007 - 12:11 AM) 826415984[/snapback]It goes both ways. OS could have come out of zone and tried to guard a little. Put some blame on the team that didnt play to win, not the team that did.

Oh I agree we should have played harder but I am proud of the girls for how far they got and I am not downing GLeason for doing what they had to do to win we obviously didnt. I am just saying I DONT LIKE BASKETBALL GAMES THAT ARE NOT EXCITING LIKE THE BOYS GAME LAST NIGHT!!! that was my comment!

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Mar 17 2007 - 11:26 PM) 826416010[/snapback]lol..I'm from the west but do you realize what East Tn girls basketball has done to West Tn basketball over the past few years excluding this year??? I'm glad Gleason won this year but I wouldn't go so far in rubbing it in like you are...7a,7aa are IMO some of the best teams in the state...this may have been a down year but they usually produce a whole lot more talent...CONGRATS TO GLEASON AGAIN!!!!

Not real sure what Stats you have been looking at with the commit you just made. If you look at the last 15 years West Tenn has won 10 gold balls and all of those 10 balls have come from the same district. That is the 10 team district that has Gleason, Greenfield, Trenton, and Bradford along with several other good teams. So what is it that middle and east Tenn has done to West Tenn? All that being said if really doesn't matter who won the last 100 years because this years champion or last years champion doesn't mean your next years champion. We all start over and go again. Good luck