Can the East win it in single A since Union City got upset?

Icy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 13 2007 - 06:37 PM) 826410558[/snapback]Let's put it this way...It took a team that dropped down in classification the same year that Union City did to beat them...A team,by the way,that competed in the AA state tournament the year before they dropped to 1A...

Why did Humboldt drop down a classification? I'm not trying to imply anything but I saw in the preview for the single A tournament this year that they had 580 kids or so.. Maybe there is a perfectly reasonable answer but it's kind of unfair playing against schools with half the enrollment they have.

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 13 2007 - 06:03 PM) 826410539[/snapback]They had no chance before UC got beat.....

Don't confuse UC's loss with them not being a really good team....Union City was the class of 1A this season.....It took a really good team playing the best game of their season to knock them off their throne....And when you have team as good as Humboldt playing that way,it is almost impossible to beat them...You all better hope that the team that beat UC that night will not show up in Murfreesboro...Because if they do,you better just go ahead and hand that Gold Ball over to them.....There was only one team in the state that could have beaten Union City that night and it was Humboldt....There was no other 1A team that could have competed at that level in that game(Save for Lake County)....I just wish some of you folks would have been able to join the rest of the 2000-2500 people that were in that gym that night....You folks across the state just don't get to see that level of play on a nightly basis....

It sounds like UC choked. I don't believe I would be bragging on a team that isn't even playing this week.

QUOTE(takinit2thehoop @ Mar 13 2007 - 07:40 PM) 826410646[/snapback]It sounds like UC choked. I don't believe I would be bragging on a team that isn't even playing this week.

It just kills me how all these posters who weren't at the game keep saying that Union City choked against Humboldt. I think all the Union City fans have made it perfectly clear that Humboldt flat out beat Union City straight up. Union City no doubt has the best team in the state but got beat by a team who wanted it more. Don't know which Humboldt team will show up at the Boro but I hope it's the one that beat Union City. The rest of the teams in the tourney better hope it's not.

QUOTE(BIG D 55 @ Mar 13 2007 - 10:18 PM) 826410830[/snapback]Union City no doubt has the best team in the state but got beat by a team who wanted it more. Don't know which Humboldt team will show up at the Boro but I hope it's the one that beat Union City. The rest of the teams in the tourney better hope it's not.

"No doubt"?

QUOTE(Mr knowitall @ Mar 13 2007 - 10:31 PM) 826410993[/snapback]since UC is "No Doubt the best team in the state" I can't wait to see them play tommorrow!!!!!!!

Union City is by-far the best team in single A this year. But, when your gameplan is to " Live and Die by the 3" then you've gotta be on all night. That night, the 3's weren't raining like i normally see from the Union City squad. Humboldt wanted it more that night and played thier hearts out. I garantee you that if u take any team in the state tourny(excluding Humboldt and Westside), Union City would rip them into pieces with 3 affter 3 after 3. So if ur trying to seem funny, get a better job.

QUOTE(bballplaya24 @ Mar 13 2007 - 07:14 PM) 826410627[/snapback]Why did Humboldt drop down a classification? I'm not trying to imply anything but I saw in the preview for the single A tournament this year that they had 580 kids or so.. Maybe there is a perfectly reasonable answer but it's kind of unfair playing against schools with half the enrollment they have.

Humboldt has 433

http://www.tssaa.org/Classifications/e2007...enrollments.htm

QUOTE(H-Town Vikes @ Mar 13 2007 - 09:51 PM) 826411020[/snapback]Union City is by-far the best team in single A this year. But, when your gameplan is to " Live and Die by the 3" then you've gotta be on all night. That night, the 3's weren't raining like i normally see from the Union City squad. Humboldt wanted it more that night and played thier hearts out. I garantee you that if u take any team in the state tourny(excluding Humboldt and Westside), Union City would rip them into pieces with 3 affter 3 after 3. So if ur trying to seem funny, get a better job.

There is no way you Union City people are really THAT stupid!!! You are AT HOME- obviously you don't have the best team...here is a fact -a team is made up of more than the 5 starters, it is also made up of more than the bench, it is made up of all the players, the coaches, and their game plan....you can't say you have the best team and then rip your game plan...obviously that should not have been your game plan (to live and die by the 3) because you are AT HOME!! Basketball is a tournament sport, I think you guys would know that after having Grace GIFT WRAP THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TO YOU LAST YEAR BY BEATING A TEAM YOU GUYS COULDN"T BEAT!!! If you don't win when it matters obviously your #1 rating was bullcrap and now your players pay for their way into MTSU!!

Enjoy the state tourney...I did want to say congrats on at least getting to the sectionals...I mean the region championship....I mean...oh sorry i forgot you couldn't get in the top two in your region tournament!!!

QUOTE(IOWNYOU149 @ Mar 13 2007 - 11:54 PM) 826411093[/snapback]There is no way you Union City people are really THAT stupid!!! You are AT HOME- obviously you don't have the best team...here is a fact -a team is made up of more than the 5 starters, it is also made up of more than the bench, it is made up of all the players, the coaches, and their game plan....you can't say you have the best team and then rip your game plan...obviously that should not have been your game plan (to live and die by the 3) because you are AT HOME!! Basketball is a tournament sport, I think you guys would know that after having Grace GIFT WRAP THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TO YOU LAST YEAR BY BEATING A TEAM YOU GUYS COULDN"T BEAT!!! If you don't win when it matters obviously your #1 rating was bullcrap and now your players pay for their way into MTSU!!

Enjoy the state tourney...I did want to say congrats on at least getting to the sectionals...I mean the region championship....I mean...oh sorry i forgot you couldn't get in the top two in your region tournament!!!

Well,the guy you replied to was a Humboldt fan...