Temple

fargen01

Join DCA, CPA, and the rest of the "Attractives".lol

Well i would love to, but the dang school just doesn't value my oppinion. Oh well, i guess i will just have to hope and pray every night that they can "attract" enough kids to be over the limit and have to play. In the meantime i will have to just bite the bullet and watch them in 1A.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i would love to, but the dang school just doesn't value my oppinion. Oh well, i guess i will just have to hope and pray every night that they can "attract" enough kids to be over the limit and have to play. In the meantime i will have to just bite the bullet and watch them in 1A.

Im sure FCS has attracted enough applications to fill any voids.

The thing that you need to remember about the "Got College" program is that it is a program that is offered by the university to lure students to the university not a program by the academy to lure students to the academy. TTU professors and staff all get to send their kids to the academy for free or a seriously discounted tuition. There should not be any violation there any more than a school announcing that a large percentage of of their kids get academic scholarships due to the achievement standards of the school. Do not forget that every school has an inherent right to free speech and the idea of promoting itself among the community it serves is part of that.

I had heard rumors about Chastain recruiting but I can tell you with confidence that if he is guilty it is by ignorance and not intention. From what I have observed, the coach has been very careful not violate recruiting rules and seems pretty aware of what they are. If there was indeed an infraction, I am hoping that it was unintentional.

Zone, I guess I will have to be a bipolar football fan and root for Temple and South Pittsburg but in no way am I a fence jumper like Sicky Ricky. Where is he anyway? Has he taken on a new persona?

Zone, I guess I will have to be a bipolar football fan and root for Temple and South Pittsburg but in no way am I a fence jumper like Sicky Ricky. Where is he anyway? Has he taken on a new persona?

I think there are a lot of bipolar-schizos on CoachT. At least you're not a "Fence Jumper" . Don't know about him???? Been quiet so don't wake him up

The thing that you need to remember about the "Got College" program is that it is a program that is offered by the university to lure students to the university not a program by the academy to lure students to the academy. TTU professors and staff all get to send their kids to the academy for free or a seriously discounted tuition. There should not be any violation there any more than a school announcing that a large percentage of of their kids get academic scholarships due to the achievement standards of the school. Do not forget that every school has an inherent right to free speech and the idea of promoting itself among the community it serves is part of that.

I had heard rumors about Chastain recruiting but I can tell you with confidence that if he is guilty it is by ignorance and not intention. From what I have observed, the coach has been very careful not violate recruiting rules and seems pretty aware of what they are. If there was indeed an infraction, I am hoping that it was unintentional.

Pasture- just so you know it is every coach's responsibility to KNOW the rules- if someone cheats out of ignorance it is still CHEATING...it doesn't matter how stupid you are- stupidity/ignorance is no excuse for breaking rules...

I think all this crap coming out about Temple might shed some light on why coach skogan got out and took his boy with him... coincidence??? I think not... Leave it to temple to screw themselves with who they hire...the new principal must be a moron...the AD might be the only good thing they have over there...and now he is in a war to save football and basketball from the look of things...

Well now, iownyou bout sums it up, even if a bit emotional. He is right, rules are rules and whether in ignorance or not, aint gunna matter to Ronnie and the boys at tssaa. I am sure the fella (coach that got fired) is a nice guy, but temple does have an issue on their hands. I have to say that I heard months ago that Skogan was leaving just because of this kind of talk...what did he know or what did he see comin? Coach, you on here anywhere? Would love to know if you can fill us in on the missing pieces. Bet your glad you are gone now! Oh well. Fatchance has always enjoyed riling up the temple folks, but now the whole thing just seems sad, don't even want to start anything. sorry guys, but fatchance thinks it is going to get real bad for you all, hope I am wrong.

Have you ever thought that mabey the TSSAA may have better things to do? Honest. I mean, if temple was winning state titles year in and year out in multiple sports then that would garner attention. (just look at how the TSSAA is now looking into their players eligabilty after they won a few basketball titles)

I imagine TSSAA is in business partially to enforce rules, especially when it comes to schools that collect the hardware at tournament time. You can't believe that a dominant team like Temple can openly offer a program that so many people think is breaking the rules and TSSAA would ignore it.

Pasture- just so you know it is every coach's responsibility to KNOW the rules- if someone cheats out of ignorance it is still CHEATING...it doesn't matter how stupid you are- stupidity/ignorance is no excuse for breaking rules...

I think all this crap coming out about Temple might shed some light on why coach skogan got out and took his boy with him... coincidence??? I think not... Leave it to temple to screw themselves with who they hire...the new principal must be a moron...the AD might be the only good thing they have over there...and now he is in a war to save football and basketball from the look of things...

I think the Skogans left because Joey is primarily a football player and would've been running behind an offensive line of 140 lb. ninth graders if he had stayed at Temple for his Junior year.

None of us know what happened with Coach Chastain. Maybe he broke some rules, maybe not; maybe intentionally, maybe not. Let's not bury him without knowing the facts. And to jump to the conclusion that he was a bad hire and then to call the principal a moron is irresponsible.

I think the Skogans left because Joey is primarily a football player and would've been running behind an offensive line of 140 lb. ninth graders if he had stayed at Temple for his Junior year.

None of us know what happened with Coach Chastain. Maybe he broke some rules, maybe not; maybe intentionally, maybe not. Let's not bury him without knowing the facts. And to jump to the conclusion that he was a bad hire and then to call the principal a moron is irresponsible.

Actually, and corect me if I am wrong- but when you hire a guy at the end of a season and then fire him before the season begins (for any reason really) I am pretty sure worldwide that would be considered a "bad hire".

Also for the principle to be the one in charge of this makes him out to be not so intelligent...he comes in not knowing anyone hires a new guy only then to fire him...makes him look pretty dumb.

I also am pretty sure that skogan left because he didn't think temple was even going to be able to field a team- he saw the only possible way for that to happen was illegally- which apparently has happened. in order for his son to play he had to be on a team with enough people, and a team that had not cheated to get those people...

I just hope that the basketball program does not suffer...any violations in the athletic department were because of the football team...and those who have recently taken it over..including the principal, that eldridge fellow- the ex-head coach who never was, and so on...none of the kids who truly contributed to a state championship either in '02 '03 or '07 were from anywhere other than temple since at least 9th grade (most having gone to temple since elementary school...)

I also am pretty sure that skogan left because he didn't think temple was even going to be able to field a team- he saw the only possible way for that to happen was illegally- which apparently has happened.

This "apparently happened" according to who? People on Coach T? What you heard from a friend of a friend? Unless you've gotten word from the principal, a TSSAA official, or someone who knows the true story, you're just making an assumption that questions the integrity of a football coach and wisdom of a principal.

People, can we wait until the actual facts come in and not rumors before we tar and feather someone? Just a suggestion. Very few, if any, on here know what actually happened and until the facts are out let's try not to let bias or whatever else get in the way. It could be that the coach wasn't doing anything illegal. The principle may not actually be a moron. Let's just wait and see before dragging anyone down.