All Mr. Basketball from the West.....?

"shake and bake"

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE("shake and bake @ Mar 19 2007 - 08:32 AM) 826417253[/snapback]Did it seem strange that only players from the West got Mr. Basketball?

Very few even got their team to the State Championship.

You don't have to recap. the criteria for a Mr. Basketball, I know them. I would just like to know who had the final "say so".

I am not sure that I know all the criteria for mr. basketball. Would you mind to list them, please?

The best players won. Nobody in the state is better at PG than Maurice Miller and he's on his way to Georgia Tech for a reason. Jewaun Long doesn't always fill the stat sheet but he does the little things that make a good team a great team. MJ Brown was the best player on the best A team in the state that had a bad game and was upset in the reigon. A reigon might i add that is one of the best in A.

QUOTE(eridbro1 @ Mar 19 2007 - 03:23 PM) 826417680[/snapback]MJ Brown was the best player on the best A team in the state that had a bad game and was upset in the reigon. A reigon might i add that is one of the best in A.

I guess that's why he was the MVP in the state tournament, and I suppose that's why the region he plays in had a team in the 1A Championship Game. Still the same old 'Yakety Yak'.

QUOTE(IOWNYOU149 @ Mar 19 2007 - 01:28 PM) 826417685[/snapback]Am I wrong to say that those who vote are members of the media...???if so forget this next comment...if not then I think it is obvious...Memphis has more people than any other city so they have more representatives and more people voting...and therefore vote for their people....

That's what I was thinking as well.

QUOTE(WishIWasABaller @ Mar 19 2007 - 03:08 PM) 826417715[/snapback]That's what I was thinking as well.

Quote from the Tennessean: "A committee of nine media members votes on the award after taking nominations from coaches and the media."

QUOTE("shake and bake @ Mar 19 2007 - 07:32 AM) 826417253[/snapback]Did it seem strange that only players from the West got Mr. Basketball?

Very few even got their team to the State Championship.

You don't have to recap. the criteria for a Mr. Basketball, I know them. I would just like to know who had the final "say so".

Or maybe it's because all the ballers all from west tenn. Besides the same people vote for Mr. Football and no one complains about that. Here's a fact...West tenn rules mens basketball.