Top Coaches

columbiaguy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Richie at Goodpasture gets alot out of his kids.

2) Pickle at Columbia does a great Job in probably the hardest district top to bottom in the state.

3) Coach George was a great coach but now he is just a good coach.

4) Hardin Co. Coach does a great Job.

But If I were hiring a Baseball Coach for MY kid to play under I would hire Coach Pickle.

There are a few big names I have yet to see. Mack Hawkes at Oakland. He has coached more professional calliber players than Pickle. My personal opinion is Craig Reavis at Siegel. He won a state title at LaVergne, in his 5th year there. He took over a team there that was 1-21 the previous year. He has Siegel playing well, and competitive in a district with Oakland and Riverdale. All this and the guy is about 31 years old. When he took over at LaVergne he was in his early 20s and looked like a student because he carried a backpack. He was hard to play for because he was very demanding but he made us all better. If I had a son, I can honestly say that I would move to the Murfreesboro area and let him play for Coach Reavis. He knows the game, he teaches the game, and he keeps the players in line, on and off the field. His teams are the most disciplined, not always the most talented. Williams at LaVergne is a joke. Pickle was an adequate coach. I apologize if this comes off as biased but I thought he should at least be mentioned.

QUOTE(DaCoach @ Apr 2 2007 - 09:32 PM) 826428634[/snapback]Hey all you Farragut fans, is Tommy Pharr not on of the absolute best baseball coaches in the state of Tennessee! In fact, I would say one of the best in the country! He coached my nephew at Monterey, his first high school job in Tennessee, and he did a fantastic job. I know all you Concord people have to know just how good you all have it! Am I right or what? He is the only coach I know that as a coach myself, I can watch him coach a game and take away something that he either did or how he handeled a player or a situtation that would make me a better coach. And I coach football. Coach Pharr is CLASS! That's the best word to describe him, 100% Class!!!!!!!!!

You are absolutely correct about Coach Pharr. In his nine years at Farragut, every team has reached the state quarterfinals. Three state championships, three state runner-ups, seven district tournament championships, eight region championships, and he makes his players better people as well as better baseball players.