Brentwood Academy-Hoover (AL)

rollredroll

Interesting that Two-A-Days is moving to Enterprise. To my knowledge, they are not on the same level, nationally, as Hoover. Nor have they been as succesful as Hoover in state. I assume this has something to do with Hoover supposedly being down next year. Isn't Enterprise the school that was recently destroyed by a tornado?

Also, I have heard that the Herbstreet Classic or whatever its called in Cincy, may not happen this year because of sponsorship troubles. If so, Hoover's game with Colerain may be off and that would open up another date for them.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TheBigRedDog @ Apr 11 2007 - 10:51 AM) 826434771[/snapback]Interesting that Two-A-Days is moving to Enterprise. To my knowledge, they are not on the same level, nationally, as Hoover. Nor have they been as succesful as Hoover in state. I assume this has something to do with Hoover supposedly being down next year. Isn't Enterprise the school that was recently destroyed by a tornado?

Also, I have heard that the Herbstreet Classic or whatever its called in Cincy, may not happen this year because of sponsorship troubles. If so, Hoover's game with Colerain may be off and that would open up another date for them.

EHS isn't a top 10 team in 6A...I'm guessing MTV wants to capture their recovery after the storm. Their stadium was destroyed so they will play all their home games at Troy University.

On the national board an HHS fan said their game with Colerain will still be played with or without Herbie.

QUOTE(TheBigRedDog @ Apr 11 2007 - 10:51 AM) 826434771[/snapback]Interesting that Two-A-Days is moving to Enterprise. To my knowledge, they are not on the same level, nationally, as Hoover. Nor have they been as succesful as Hoover in state. I assume this has something to do with Hoover supposedly being down next year. Isn't Enterprise the school that was recently destroyed by a tornado?

Enterprise does have a rich tradition and was once a dominant program. That's been quite a while back though. I've seen them play a few times and they have a good following and all of the intangibles. I could see them climbing back to the top someday.

Of course, it's been a few years since I've seen them play...probably back in 1991 was the last year.

QUOTE(rollredroll @ Apr 9 2007 - 10:08 PM) 826433587[/snapback]Any thoughts, BA fans?

The latest on the thread (mentions BA again and another middle Tennessee school): Link

Haven't heard anything about it at all, but I really have almost no inside sources to the program at all anymore. Wish they had played last year...BA would have given them a game, I think. Not so sure about next year.

QUOTE(REBELRON @ Apr 10 2007 - 02:08 PM) 826434086[/snapback]I wouldn't mind Maryville playing Hoover but at the same time I don't feel like driving 5-7 hours to watch Maryville play. If Maryville had an opening on their schedule I would love to see Maryville play Brentwood Academy,MBA,Riverdale,Oak Ridge or Dobyns Bennett. Those games would be huge crowds. It wouldn't be that far of a drive either.

If Hoover and BA was to play at Vandy on a night Maryville didn't play I wouldn't mind watching that game.

I would not mind seeing Maryville and Hoover play but Maryville's schedule is always filled with Alcoa, WB, Heritage. What if Maryville and Hoover played somewhere neutral like in Chattanooga at Finley. I mean it is half way for both schools 2 hours for Maryville and about 2 hours 15 min to Birmingham.

Hoover's 2007 schedule......

9/1 - Colerain, OH Away (@ Cincinnati, OH)

9/7 - Carver Birmingham Away

9/14 - Spain Park Home

9/21 - Mountain Brook Home

9/28 - Boyd Anderson, FL (TBA)

10/5 - Minor Away

10/12 - Vestavia Hills Home

10/19 - Homewood Away

10/26 - Oak Mountain Away

11/2 - Theodore(Mobile,Al) Home

QUOTE(Rhea Co. @ Apr 11 2007 - 10:04 PM) 826435414[/snapback]I would not mind seeing Maryville and Hoover play but Maryville's schedule is always filled with Alcoa, WB, Heritage. What if Maryville and Hoover played somewhere neutral like in Chattanooga at Finley. I mean it is half way for both schools 2 hours for Maryville and about 2 hours 15 min to Birmingham.

I wouldn't mind that.

• 2 weeks later...

I have first hand information regarding this subject. Hoover has offered $10K plus expenses for Brentwood Academy to come to Hoover. First year Coach Potter is re-tooling from the ground up (totally different offense), does not have a clue who will play QB will be and is not a fan of Propst. Although, Hoover continues to seige, Coach Potter is a no go at this time. Most of us feel that Coach Flatt would have jumped on the deal, but Coach Potter is settling in and is not quite as adventurous in his first year.

QUOTE(mofo11 @ Apr 25 2007 - 10:58 AM) 826444994[/snapback]The Hoover coach is an idiot.

An idiot with 5 state championships and two runners-up in the last seven years in the state's highest classification. Too bad we don't have "idiot" coaches like that around here. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />